Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Excellent Larisa Oleynik Story!

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 06-30-04, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

I found this story on Larisa Oleynik (from Alex Mack, 10 Things I Hate About You, A Time for Dancing) that I think is just a magnificent read. It’s a solid piece, that gives everyone an update on her, and a detailed picture of the character she is. Long-time fans will be happy to know she hasn’t changed at all really.

See the story at: http://www.themovieinsider.com/inter...eb.php?cid=140

I am familiar with the writer, Mike Altamura. I speak to him on the occasion, and theres something I have to express. He is not a “name” as they say, in entertainment circles. That is because he is mainly known as a pro wrestling and sport journalist. At 15, he was Senior Editor of The Wrestling Enquirer, and at 16, turned back a six-figure contract with another wrestling magazine because he refused to “sell out”. I respect him for that. He took the hard road, and that is why I have written this.

I am interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Thanks, Clarrie James Shizzle.
Old 06-30-04, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well it was a good article but I have to disagree with Larissa's choice to go to college. Having been to college and knowing friends who have graduated from college I would never recommend giving up a career to attend college. She probably still has lots of Nickelodeon paychecks saved up and can afford to but I would never recommend going to college if you don't have to.
Old 06-30-04, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by PopcornTreeCt
Well it was a good article but I have to disagree with Larissa's choice to go to college. Having been to college and knowing friends who have graduated from college I would never recommend giving up a career to attend college. She probably still has lots of Nickelodeon paychecks saved up and can afford to but I would never recommend going to college if you don't have to.
Because god forbid you actually gain knowledge about anything.

Worst. Guidance Counselor. Ever.