Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wow, Vice City rules!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-04, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, Vice City rules!

I know I am late to the party on this one, but I just got Vice City for the PC this past weekend and man this game is great! I had it for a few weeks for my PS2 last year, but I did not get to play much. I was thinking that the game would not as good as I was thinking it could be, but man was I wrong. This is possibly the most fun I have ever had playing a game, PC or otherwise!
Old 06-29-04, 12:53 PM

Vice City - good
Waiting so long to play it - bad
Old 06-29-04, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It is a great game, I still think I prefer GTA3 the most though out of the two. I liked the dark and grimy setting as opposed to the neon sunshine of vice city. I do love both games tho.

I am fiendin for San Andreas, I think that will be the best of the bunch
Old 06-29-04, 01:31 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Good things come to those who wait? Hell, I just started playing GTA III a few weeks ago, even though I played Vice City last year!

VC is great though. The most fun I had with a game since Half-Life and one of the best I've ever played. Since you've waited so long, there are now a bunch of mods floating around that you can use. I highly reccomend going here:
Planet GTA
and here:
GTAgaming

I haven't tried the one that adds multiplayer capability or the one that replaces Vice City with Liberty City yet. My favorites are the ones that replace the fake businesses and cars with real ones. Especially the one that puts the Batmobile in the game.
Old 06-29-04, 11:13 PM

Thanks for the links Toonview! I will check them out.
Old 06-30-04, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Wow, I hadn't checked out the GTA3 mod scene for a while. The most I'd seen previously were just car skins and info on how to modify car stats. I may have to reinstall these games and play around some more.
Old 06-30-04, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In other related news. Studies have shown that juice from an orange is good.
Old 10-19-05, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You think you're late to the party.... I just got a PS2 from my brother (newest game system before this was N64), and this is one of the two games I got from him and my wife and I both are hooked on it. I figured I'd do a search for any tips, and it's funny to see how old this game is! I have lots of cleaning to do tonight since it's the first night either one of us will have been home this week.. but it'll be taunting me sitting there wanting to be played.
Old 10-19-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I just played through III last year when it came out on the box. Still haven't even booted up Vice City.
Old 10-20-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I just played through III last year when it came out on the box. Still haven't even booted up Vice City.
Dude, it is SO much better than III. You need to get on that. Funny that this thread resurfaced, I have been toying with the idea of playing through this again, even though I never finished San Andreas. Vice City is definitely my favorite GTA title.
Old 10-20-05, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Xander
Vice City is definitely my favorite GTA title.
Agreed.
Old 10-20-05, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah the soundtrack alone is worth it. Just driving around, mowing people down, listening to "Take.. these broken wings... " Sniff sniff

I loved doing wheelies on the beach and taking a motorbike up to the top of the construction sight for an INSANE jump.
Old 10-20-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by noonan4224
Agreed.
Third that one. I still prefer it to all the rest including San Andreas.
Old 10-20-05, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I like San Andreas the best out of all of them, just because the world is so much bigger, and you can do more things. If you think Vice City is good wait until you play the Legend of the Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, I just picked it up and it rocks! (J/K)
Old 10-20-05, 02:40 PM

If you think thats late I own GTA3, GTA VC and GTA SA and still have yet to beat SA, play VC or beat 3, Ive had 3 for years heh
Old 10-21-05, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SuprVgeta
I think I like San Andreas the best out of all of them, just because the world is so much bigger, and you can do more things. If you think Vice City is good wait until you play the Legend of the Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, I just picked it up and it rocks! (J/K)
Hey, I just got that around two years ago! And it does rock! But I got stuck trying to figure out what to do next, so it's just been sitting there for now collecting dust until I try again. But I'm hooked on Vice City right now, and even when I get bored with the missions, it's still fun just to screw around with and take the bus flying up stairs and all.
Old 10-21-05, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
San Andreas really does make Vice City its bitch...I envy you, you have alot to look foreward to...all I have is the hope that LCS for the PSP lives up to the series.
Old 10-21-05, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
San Andreas really does make Vice City its bitch...I envy you, you have alot to look foreward to...all I have is the hope that LCS for the PSP lives up to the series.
I disagree. While the graphics/gameplay/size of the game may have been improved upon, I still think Vice City was the most FUN to play.
Old 10-21-05, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I disagree. While the graphics/gameplay/size of the game may have been improved upon, I still think Vice City was the most FUN to play.
I'm with ya completely. San Andreas is simply too big for me. I prefer the colors, lights, vehicles, characters and sounds of Vice City to Rockstar's newest.
Old 10-21-05, 05:12 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vice City has the best "feel", with the setting. The soundtrack is by far the best as well.

San Andreas dominates in the exploration category, although due to its expanse there are more dull areas. SA also rules in terms of actual missions, IMO they are so varied and most are fun. SA is tops in terms of vehicular options.

GTA3 was the most fun to play for 100%, because I found at least some enjoyment in every task. I loved searching for all the cars for the import/export garages, but this task just wasn't as fun in the later games. In SA I haven't gotten 100% simply because some of the tasks to get there just aren't any fun for me. I got 100% in VC but some of the tasks were just too annoying to be fun.
Old 10-21-05, 05:32 PM

Yeah, it definitely has something to do with the "feel" of Vice City for me. The music, the 80's setting, the older cars and weapons. Plus the neon feel of Miami was just great to me. Loved everything about that game.
Old 10-21-05, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I disagree with your disagreement. I played GTAIII and Vice City,and running around shooting stuff was fun, but I didn't really like the missions and ended qutting before I'd beat either one. San Andreas is the only one I actually took the time to beat.