Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Heart: Jupiter's Darling

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-04, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heart has a new cd. I haven't heard it yet. Anyway, I've really been back into heart ever since I got their Alive in Seattle cd a few months ago. Why haven't I heard it yet? I'm in a Louisiana town of about 25,000 this week that has a Wal-Mart and a Sam Goodys. Neither one has the cd.

Anyway, here's the Amazon link:

Jupiter's Darling

Songlist:

1. Make Me
2. Oldest Story in the World
3. Things
4. Perfect Goodbye
5. Enough
6. Move On
7. I Need the Rain
8. I Give Up
9. Vainglorious
10. No Other Love
11. Led to One
12. Down the Nile
13. I'm Fine
14. Fallen Ones
15. Lost Angel
16. Hello Moonglow

Saw them on the Today show yesterday. The one new song they did, Perfect Goodbye, sounded good. I hope to see them in September if ticket prices aren't prohibitive.
Old 06-27-04, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Got free tickets to see them last summer at Wolf Trapp in the Washington D.C. area and to my surprise, not only was it a great show, the damn place was SOLD OUT! Both the pavillion *and* lawn. Which was especially impressive because it was pouring the entire time. I've had lawn seats before at a concert and the weather was also lousy so I just ate the tickets and didn't go. Anyway, they played a few songs off the new album during this show and they sounded good. They were on the Today show this past Friday. Saw it while I was getting ready for work. I highly doubt this album will chart or sell well for them. It's their first album in over 10 years (according to them) and if I remember correctly, the last one didn't sell very well. I think the older fans will go see them live, but probably won't run out and buy their new music. And if radio won't support the album (and you know it won't), how can they expect new fans? It's sad for older artists. Especially one's like Heart who sold millions of albums. They Wilson sisters still have two of the best voices in rock.
Old 06-27-04, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So is this new album old-school rock 'n roll Heart where they actually write their own stuff, or '80s-ish Heart where they record other people's stuff just to make money?
Old 06-27-04, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Numanoid
So is this new album old-school rock 'n roll Heart where they actually write their own stuff, or '80s-ish Heart where they record other people's stuff just to make money?
This is very much old-school Heart. They even use their 70's logo. It's all them. And very retro sounding. Two of the songs they previewed last summer sounded like it could have been lifted off of "Dog and Butterfly".
Old 06-27-04, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They were on Conan last week; gotta say, the song they played wasn't very good, neither was their performance. Nancy still looks good, though!
Old 06-27-04, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
I love Heart but everytime they're here in San Diego, they appear at Humphrey's. They'll be here again in early Aug for $68... unless you go for the dinner show (and tixs in rows 1 to 7) for $117.

I saw them many many years ago and vividly remember Nancy wearing black leather with a red guitar... man, oh man.
Old 07-01-04, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ouch! The album debuted at #94 on Billboard's Top 200.
Old 07-01-04, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
I have tix for a HOB show in Chicago in August. Can't wait.

And Nancy will always be my favorite