Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New Garbage

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-04, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
New Garbage

Coming soon! They also have a revamped official website soon as well. Here's the latest news:

Working title for new album: Hands On A Hard Body

SONGS:
Be my Bad Boyfriend
Run
Why don't you come over
Guilty
It's all over but the Crying.
Sex is not the Enemy
Hanging with the Bitches
Why don't you love Me.
Calling All Girls
HoneyBee
Bleed Like Me
Right Between the Eyes
Space Can come Through Anyone
Nobody Can Win
Old 06-25-04, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweeet!!!!!! I thought that I wouldn't hear anything from them ever again. Great news!!!
Old 06-26-04, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no problem admitting I'm Shirley Manson's bitch.

Old 06-26-04, 12:36 AM

Excellent news. I've been waiting for this one for awhile.
Old 06-26-04, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i was really disappointed with their last album. with the new album and song titles, it seems like they might not ever try anything new.

it's a pity, because i will admit that i am also shirley manson's bitch.

Old 06-26-04, 03:23 PM

I had a hard time getting into Beautiful Garbage...they went more pop than i thought they would. But after a few listens i got into it. Breaking up the girl is my favorite Garbage song now. I can't wait to hear what they do next.
Old 06-26-04, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Elpresidentepez
I had a hard time getting into Beautiful Garbage...they went more pop than i thought they would. But after a few listens i got into it. Breaking up the girl is my favorite Garbage song now. I can't wait to hear what they do next.
Agree. First time I heard "Beautiful Garbage" I though....."eh". But it took a few listens and now I like it a lot. No where near as good as the first two albums of course. But it's still an above average effort.
Old 06-26-04, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
I hope it's better than the last piece of shit album they put out.
Old 06-26-04, 08:15 PM

I thought that I had heard something on MTV a couple of weeks back about the new Garbage CD,and this is it:
While in the studio working on their fourth album, Garbage were paid a visit by Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl, who played drums on a track called "Bad Boyfriend." In a post on the Garbage Web site, singer Shirley Manson called the experience "awe inspiring."
Old 06-27-04, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

new album means TOUR!!!!!! woohoo
Old 06-27-04, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

....and Garbage are GREAT live! I look forward to both the album and tour.
Old 06-28-04, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Daytripper
....and Garbage are GREAT live! I look forward to both the album and tour.
Agreed! I cannot wait for the new album. I read some where that it's going to be more rock and roll/guitar oriented....which is very cool indeed.
Old 06-28-04, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I too didn't care for Beautiful Garbage on the first few listens but it grew on me very quickly. Cup of Coffee is one of the best "pity party" songs ever.
Old 07-07-04, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Like most here, I didn't care for most of Beautiful Garbage. It's great news that they're coming out with a new disc, though.

And, yes, Shirley could kick my ass and i'd love every minute of it..
Old 07-07-04, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any projected release frame, i.e. Q4 2004?
Old 07-07-04, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This album has been all over the place release-wise. Initially it was September 2003, then January 2004. Finally, it was pretty much confirmed it was going to be out on February 17th... Of 2004; obviously that went up in smoke. From there it was going to be released in May (I believe), and finally I believe it's now expected in October/November.

I love Garbage to death, but they/their managment have really been screwing up ever since the nightmare that was Beautiful Garbage. They took their message boards down about 8-9 months ago, basically saying FU to the fans that posted there, however immature they might have been. Then they promised a brand new web-site about four months ago, finally relaunched an interim site a month and a half ago with the track list, and have disappeared again after saying the new site was "coming soon!"

Like I said, I love the band, but it's getting ridiculous. Posting a tentative track listing going on two months ago and then vanishing again just doesn't fill me with hope that we'll see V4 anytime soon, if at all. At this point, I'd say the projected release date is sometime in the next ten years.
Old 07-07-04, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see how waiting until an album is finished to release it qualifies as "really screwing up."
Old 07-07-04, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Mr. Salty
I don't see how waiting until an album is finished to release it qualifies as "really screwing up."
I thought the distinction in paragraphs might have made it clear. I hope they take as long as they want to release a high-quality album... But the communication with their fan-base, whether the band's fault or their management, was what I was complaining about. Specifically how they have handled their web-site and it's fractured updates/information.

Perhaps I've just been following the band too closely over their lull periods, but their communication with the heart and soul of their fan-base is just pathetic. Their shutting down of their sites message boards for no reason, with no warning, being a primary example.

Personally, I'm content to wait another five years if we can get an album of similar quality to Garbage/V2.0...