Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Days Of Our Lives Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-04, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Days Of Our Lives Questions

OK, so if I understand correctly, Marlena killed everyone, but I was reading in EW a few weeks ago that everyone she killed was coming back on. What happened? Did she really kill everyone? Was it a dream?
Old 06-22-04, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My wife watches the show, and she mentioned something about the victims all living together on an island. Nah, I can't make heads or tails of it either.
Old 06-22-04, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marlena really didn't kill anyone and it wasn't a dream either. All the people who were supposedly killed by Marlena were taken after their supposed deaths to a secret island, were an exact replica of their houses and such was built. They have living there ever since.
Recently, the "killer" herself joined them, since she was shot dead by a police sniper, so imagine Marlena's surprise when she starts running into the very people that she thought that she had killed. Who's behind this nefarious plot? That has yet to be revealed.
Old 06-22-04, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by monkyskunk
Marlena really didn't kill anyone and it wasn't a dream either. All the people who were supposedly killed by Marlena were taken after their supposed deaths to a secret island, were an exact replica of their houses and such was built. They have living there ever since.
Recently, the "killer" herself joined them, since she was shot dead by a police sniper, so imagine Marlena's surprise when she starts running into the very people that she thought that she had killed. Who's behind this nefarious plot? That has yet to be revealed.
my wife watches this every day!

..and this post above sums it up.

Everyone is still alive. They weren't killed by Marlena, they were kidnapped by someone else that hasn't been revealed.

And it was setup to "look like" Marlena killed them, where even she questioned it (but that's why she didn't remember killing anyone).

I can't believe I know this.
But my wife watches in at night while I'm studying in the background.

now ofcourse the boyfriend of Marlena's daughter is kidnapped at another location.
Old 06-22-04, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
You know, that summary makes the whole thing sound somewhat intriguing in a Twilight Zone kind of way.

But of course its not the Twilight Zone, its Days of Our lives, so I'm thinking they're not fully delivering on the sci-fi/thriller aspects of the story.
Old 06-23-04, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ive been watching it too and it's weird but Marlena supposedly killed everyone but really didnt and even though some people were creamnated or their organs donated they are still ok on the island.
Everyone thinks Stephano is behind it but that's a bit too easy so now they are all trying to solve the mystery.
Back home, everyone who lost someone is preocupied with someone else(not on purpose) so that must be part of the plan too.
Old 06-23-04, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Was DoOL the soap that had a mad scientist trying to control the world's weather a few years back?

I know Marlena was possessed by the devil at one point, even turning into a cougar.
Old 06-23-04, 09:32 PM

Although DOOL did have a mad scientist, Dr. Rolf, I don't recall him ever trying to control the world's weather. Maybe that was before I started watching. But he did have a cool looking satellite, in which he used to beam down all the memories of Princess Gina, which were stored on a CD-ROM , into a computer chip that was implaneted in the brain of Hope, thus enabling him to turn Hope into Princess Gina.
Old 06-24-04, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I do not believe it. You mean they ran out of people to sleep with and turned into the 'Prisoner'?
Old 06-24-04, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, Marlena was possessed ten years ago. It wasn't original, but it was fun.

The twists just keep on coming. Look for two major characters to switch identities...again. A certain guy with an eye patch will likely resurface too.

This show was pretty well done back in the 80s, but now it is more of a send-up. Still.... I watch daily!
Old 06-24-04, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I used to watch this many many years ago, and Stephano was always by far the best character.
Old 06-25-04, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Where is the other old lady and Cassie?

I record this about once a week, so forgive me if I missed something.
Old 06-26-04, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Was DoOL the soap that had a mad scientist trying to control the world's weather a few years back?
I believe that was a storyline on General Hospital a while back.
Old 06-26-04, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose

I know Marlena was possessed by the devil at one point, even turning into a cougar.
It was actually General Hospital that had the storyline about the machine that could control the world's weather. The machine was called the "Ice Princess", and it was controlled by the Cassadines, until of course Luke and Laura saved the day.
Old 06-28-04, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by saoirse
Where is the other old lady and Cassie?

I record this about once a week, so forgive me if I missed something.
I pretty much record this everyday and they should be on the island just as everyone else is who is "dead", but I don't think neither of them have appeared in any of the scenes that take place on the island. I guess the storyline doesn't call for their reappearance just yet.
Old 06-28-04, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Who's The Old Lady? Are you talking about Caroline?
They are moving way too slow now that everyone is on the Island.
Let's get things going already.
Old 06-29-04, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This is always on the TV when I'm working out at the gym, so I see the show but can't hear what they're saying. Based on the images, I thought all those people were dead and they were all in purgatory or heaven or something, just as a plot device to keep the actors on the show.

Sounds like the actual plot is even more ludicrous.