Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Gloria Record has "broken up"

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-04, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno if any of you like this band, but I have liked everything they did, I must say I liked Mineral a bit better, but The Gloria Record proved to be a great band in their own right. This is from their website...pretty dissapointing that they were just like f$cK it and gave up on finishing the album.

"We entered presto recording studios mid-July 2003 to begin work on what was supposed to become our second full-length album. Although as many as 14 ideas in varying states of developement were committed to tape, not one of them has emerged in a completed form since that time. In fact, very little has happened to further any of the material's progress. It saddens me to announce that the five of us are no longer working together on this music, nor do we have any plans to do so in the near future.

It may be best said that our band is in a state of "indefinate hiatus". Although this status is not intended to convey the idea of a permanant split, it is true that we are no longer working, or ever thinking about the completion of any musical endeavors. "
Old 06-01-04, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sucks. I really liked Mineral's first album a lot. I can only take som much of them though.
Old 06-02-04, 08:08 AM

Yeah, they are overly emo...but they are a great listen to when you're in the mood for it.