Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

First 10 Minutes of Riddick Coming to MTV

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-31-04, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=4939

Sunday night (June 6) at 11pm
Old 05-31-04, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The trailer was more than enough for me.
Old 05-31-04, 06:47 PM

this better be online soon after,
Old 05-31-04, 07:41 PM
Suspended

The rumor now is that the movie is being cut up by Universal because the flick was deemed to be too complicated by test audiences.
Old 05-31-04, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Goddamn Universal.

Anyway - I'm starting to get tired of this 10 minutes of the movie on TV.
Old 05-31-04, 08:28 PM

Originally posted by trigun
The rumor now is that the movie is being cut up by Universal because the flick was deemed to be too complicated by test audiences.
wow.

Guess not all Movies can be as audience friendly as Van Helsing right Universal?

oh wait.
Old 05-31-04, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hope this isn't true. I'm tired of test audiences determining what we like and don't like. It's a damn sci-fi movie. It's supposed to be a bit complicated. I'm tired of all the dumbing down to reach a mass audience. It's looking like I, Robot may also go that route (but I still have some hope). Sometimes all this Hollywood bull makes me wish we were still living in the 70s when movies actually had balls.

On another note, what does a movie do if it's first 10 minutes stinks. "Tonight, on TNT, watch 10 minutes of randomly chosen scenes from Catwoman uncut and commercial free!"
Old 05-31-04, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

agreed shilex. unless they a huge test market to watch, dont let a few groups decide. maybe they were all idiots.
Old 05-31-04, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is this the new thing? They did this with Dawn of the Dead and The Day After Tommorow. If this becomes a regular thing, studios will start to only care about the first 10 minutes and that will lead to a wealth of horrid features. In the case of Dawn of the Dead I found the first 10 minutes to be very good but the rest of the movie to be problematic.
Old 05-31-04, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cool! Thanks for the heads up. I will prob dig the film. I loved PB and have had no problems with VD's movies. They are popcorn films and nothing more, what do some ppl expect? Oscar worthy dramas or something? Bring it on!
Old 05-31-04, 11:42 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Shilex
On another note, what does a movie do if it's first 10 minutes stinks. "Tonight, on TNT, watch 10 minutes of randomly chosen scenes from Catwoman uncut and commercial free!"
Funny you should say that...that's exactly what they did for The Day After Tomorrow.
Old 06-01-04, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I happen to like the ten minute thing. It surely sold me on Dawn of the Dead. And for a movie like Riddick, I'm sure it'll sell people on it too (though I'm avoiding it like the plague...this movie I have really high hopes for and will go see regardless).

I seriously doubt the ten minute thing will somehow affect the quality of movies regardless. In fact...movies might get better! Since now instead of just a 3 minute trailer having to look good, now a whole 10 minutes has to be solid!

Nonetheless...go Riddick. I'm hoping it does well. I'd like to see a movie with like...an original character and like, one of those story things do well. I'm a mild fan of Twohy, so I'm rooting for him to have made a good flick.
Old 06-01-04, 01:08 AM
Suspended

The Riddick game (Escape from Butcher Bay, an original prequel to both movies) is getting rave reviews. Hopefully the movie can live up to the game!
Old 06-01-04, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well if it's a 'rumour' about the test screening thing...A Rumour that was started by "Aint it Cool News"....IT MUST BE TRUE.
Old 06-01-04, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really hope this isn't true. I was looking forward to this movie since I enjoyed the first one.