Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Reviews wanted: Saving Private Ryan World War II Collection

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 05-26-04, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't see any reviews for the 4 disc box set.
Old 07-04-04, 06:05 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah...

And here:
http://207.136.67.23/film/DVDCompare...rivateryan.htm
it is mentioned that extras disc was flawed...?! What is it all about? Are they ALL flawed or what?

P.s. I can't stand those BTTF trilogy, JP(dts) and other "flaws" being sold as if they're " OK"!
Old 07-09-04, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up the WW2 collection after having the original "Limited Edition" version that had a DD 5.1 track and one documentary.

I picked up the WW2 collection when Costco had it on sale for $22.95, definitely worth it!

Hearing it in DTS for the first time was nice. This is the only "new" version to have DTS btw. Being one of my favorite movies I checked out the extras after watching it and found them interesting, not boring like most documentaries these days.

The included films are an interesting addition to the extras that come in the set. Seeing Japanese pilots burst into tears when asked about their role in Pearl Harbor made me really sad, almost tearing (I'm not one who ever cries).

If it were still selling for $22.95 at Costco I would blindly recomend this to anyone but I know WW2 isn't everyone's favorite subject so the included films may not be worth the extra money ($20 more at the time I wrote this). DTS isn't always apparent on all hardware either so it's up to you if it's worth $20 more.
Old 07-09-04, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sticking with my single disc DTS because it has something the WWII collection doesnt have: the option to hear the theatrical trailer and the brilliant re-release trailer in DTS!