Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-04, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Hey guys, this is in reference to the multiplayer aspect of the game. I love playing online against others, but some people are just too obsessed with ranking.

I'm writing this message here cause I figure most of the dvdtalk people are a bit more mature than your average gamer. So basically if there's anyone out there that wishes to play some multiplayer splinter cell put me on your friends list.

All I want is a fair game. I just got the game this week. Most people online don't want to play with a level zero or will just whoop me.

I do like to play ranking though, because it discourages most people from dropping out mid-game.

Anyhoo, my gamertag is SteelgearX.
Old 05-26-04, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Originally posted by SteelgearX
...but some people are just too obsessed with ranking.
You're kidding me... Really?

Steel,

If my stepson leaves it when he goes to his dad's for summer in a week, I'd love to play against newbies. I've really only done like the first single player thingy, so I'm really new at it myself. Of course, by then, you'd be excellent.

Rankings suck because it's really just a loser list of people on it 24x7, not always the "best", just the most frequent. Sure, they get better playing 14 hours a day at one game, but then they mope when they can't play for 6 hours and their rating drops.
Old 05-26-04, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would be interested in playing if we can get a couple of others. I haven't played in a while. I'm at level 2.

I don't like playing against total strangers. It works out sometimes but I always seem to get into a game where one of the following happens:

My teammate won't say a word.

The spies (or at least one of 'em) does nothing but kill mercs.

No one wants to be a merc, so I never get to be a spy.

When played with 4 people who want to play the game as the designers intended, the game is a blast. You don't even have to be 'good', it's still fun.
Old 05-26-04, 01:14 PM

i would be interested in playing some multiplayer as well. i have only played online once heh so that would put me as level 0 as well

my gamertag is XLPANDA
Old 05-26-04, 01:54 PM

Re: Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Originally posted by SteelgearX
Most people online don't want to play with a level zero...
Don't know if you care but Ubisoft has announced they will be resetting everyones rankings back to zero later this week. That may help you with getting others to play with you.

I do like to play ranking though, because it discourages most people from dropping out mid-game.
Although I hate droppers, I've actually had better luck when playing in free games. Guys who are worried about their ranking don't seem to drop as often if they aren't losing points when they lose. In ranked games, more often than not, it seems like if you win twice in a row, guys will leave rather than risk losing more points. That's been my experience anyway...

My gamertag is Propaganda and I usually play with SHAP ATTACK who's also on this board. Send us an invite sometime...
Old 05-26-04, 03:54 PM

I find it quite the opposite. I won't play free games because nobody plays seriously in a free game. It's like playing mario bros. Everyone is jumping on each others heads and going for the kills. At least in ranked games, people sneak around.
Old 05-26-04, 04:08 PM

Originally posted by cowboy
I find it quite the opposite. I won't play free games because nobody plays seriously in a free game. It's like playing mario bros. Everyone is jumping on each others heads and going for the kills. At least in ranked games, people sneak around.
I guess you're playing with different people than I am. Maybe you should try hosting the game yourself. That way, you can set the rules and kick anybody who doesn't seem to want to play the right way. That's what I do and it's worked great, so far. I try to play as the game was meant to be played and don't tolerate other players who make no attempt to go for the objectives. None of this neck-snapping deathmatch crap that some guys seem to prefer. I also avoid playing the Warehouse map which seems to bring out the worst in people.
Old 05-26-04, 05:44 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I'll play. I just got the game a few weeks ago and haven't had much time to mess around online yet.
Old 05-26-04, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tonight is SOCOM night but would anyone be interested in playing on Thursday night at around 9 pm eastern?
Old 05-27-04, 10:46 AM

I'm down for tonight. What's your gamertag? Is it Gromit?
Old 05-27-04, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yup, I'm 'Gromit' on Live.

But I forgot that I have to do some work tonight. If things go well, I'll be finished by 9 eastern.
Old 06-10-04, 04:16 PM

The two new multiplayer maps are now available for download. One is set in a mall while the other is set in a bank. Both are very well done and fun to play. Unlike some of the free Rainbow 6 maps, these are equal in quality to the best maps that came with the original game. There are a lot more things to hack for spies in both maps. It's $5 to download and well worth it in my opinion.
Old 06-11-04, 01:17 AM

You know you have it bad for the game when you are at your desk reading this forum and snap your head around because you swear you just heard the whine of the spy cam..as it prepares to gas you...
Old 06-11-04, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't touched SCPT in a while, but I would be interested in playing again.
Old 06-12-04, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by Tamrok
The two new multiplayer maps are now available for download. One is set in a mall while the other is set in a bank. Both are very well done and fun to play. Unlike some of the free Rainbow 6 maps, these are equal in quality to the best maps that came with the original game. There are a lot more things to hack for spies in both maps. It's $5 to download and well worth it in my opinion.
I picked them up and have not been disappointed (Despite my dislike for paying for "Premium Content").

The Mall is a BIG map. It's pretty open and somewhat well lit so it takes a lot of sneaking. The Federeal Bank is similar to Warehouse in that you have to open one area to get to another. Lot's of fun.