TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Enterprise 05/26/04 Season Finale

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-04, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enterprise 05/26/04 Season Finale

Yeah, it's early.
But, two important stories to pass along. Possible spoiler in the first, but it's only in the talking stage.

A story idea that could see William Shatner (James T. Kirk) appear in Enterprise's fourth season is currently in the works, executive producer Rick Berman said recently.

"We have had discussions in the last week, when we were talking with the studio about areas and directions we would like to go in next season, and there were two different ideas that we think could be developed into a good vehicle for Bill," Berman told Ian Spelling in issue 115 of Star Trek Magazine (via Sci-Fi Pulse). "And hopefully we're going to pursue one of them for next season."

Rumours of Shatner making a guest appearance on Enterprise have been circulating for the past season. In September, the James Kirk actor said Rick Berman had approached him to play Kirk's grandfather on Enterprise (story). Then, earlier this year, Shatner revealed he had "written a scenario, that I could conceivably come back for a show or two".

In his Star Trek Magazine interview, Berman acknowledged that Shatner has a lot on his plate at the moment. "Bill is busy doing The Practice right now, and he's going to be doing the spin-off next season." The actor will play Denny Crane in The Practice: Fleet Street, which will air 10:00 p.m. Sundays on ABC from this fall.
Link

Brannon Braga the co-creator of Star Trek: Enterprise, may "take a step back" next season and allow one of the other writers on the series to take on more responsibility.

Speaking to Dreamwatch (excerpts via TrekWeb), Braga said that he was uncertain of his level of involvement in the series after the end of its third broadcast year.

"I'm not sure how I can top myself," he said.

Braga said he felt that the last season was the best of any Star Trek series he had worked on, but noted that Chris Black or Manny Coto might take over some of his responsibilities for the fall season.

As for himself, Braga is working on a new series with fellow Enterprise executive producer Rick Berman, which he described as being science fiction but "not sci-fi with people in spaceships, with aliens running around."
Link

to the second story. I have to at the bolded part. He has an interesting view of things.

As to the finale:

Episode Title: 'Zero Hour'
Archer leads a team to stop the Xindi weapon before it reaches Earth. Meanwhile, Enterprise will have to face the Sphere Builders.
Written By: Rick Berman & Brannon Braga
Directed By: Allan Kroeker
Old 05-26-04, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Early morning bump
Old 05-26-04, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I saw this episode last night ..I won't post any spoilers but will say the ending is going to "Blow peoples minds"..make sure your sitting down & your mouth is empty of junk food ,drinks etc or you'll have a mess to clean up
I liked it a lot

If your into Enterprise at all ..don't miss it
Old 05-26-04, 04:06 PM

I would give anything to see William Shatner on Enterprise blurt out Denny Crane!
Old 05-26-04, 05:16 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is the season finale only 1 hour?
Old 05-26-04, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone watching V: The Final Battle?
Old 05-26-04, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If there ever was a time for them to work in an "Oh boy", that was it !
Old 05-26-04, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

good, but
Old 05-26-04, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
OK I'm completely confused.

Spoiler:
I was with them until Enterprise got to Earth then the whole WWII thing just stumped me. I'm not sure who our alien friend is: is he new or someone I missed during the first season when I didn't have a UPN affiliate?

I'll be scratching my head on that one for awhile.
Old 05-26-04, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Who gave Tim Burton permission to direct the last 5 mins. of this episode?
Old 05-26-04, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by cartman
If there ever was a time for them to work in an "Oh boy", that was it !
Exactly what I was thinking.

I thought the episode was great. Lots of fun. I'm very interested to see how the heck they explain the ending next season. The fight scenes in the weapon and the
Spoiler:
Nazis
gave the episode a classic Trek feel.
Old 05-26-04, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by lisadoris
OK I'm completely confused.

Spoiler:
I'm not sure who our alien friend is: is he new or someone I missed during the first season when I didn't have a UPN affiliate?

I've seen every ep. and I don't recall anyone like that.
Spoiler:
Some new breed of Xindi or something??
Old 05-26-04, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

it's the Drakh!!!

JMS lives!!!!
Old 05-26-04, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
yeah, it did look Drakh like
I've never seen a Trek alien like that in any of the 6 series or 10 movies, although I'll admit I don't think I've seen all the TAS episodes
Old 05-26-04, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Tscott
Who gave Tim Burton permission to direct the last 5 mins. of this episode?
Crap! I came here with a Planet of the Apes line and was beaten to it.

I'm glad none of the storylines were too easy to solve. I would of preferred we didn't get the last shot of Archer and they left a little mystery over his fate for the summer. But then we wouldn't get the alien Nazi. He didn't look like a familiar race to me either.

I hate how the rules about opening credits ruin things for me! I had no clue Combs was going to be in this episode until I saw his name pop up. It would've been much cooler hearing a "pink skin" line instead to announce him.

All-in-all I'm glad it got renewed: I didn't want my last shot of new Trek on TV to be an alien Nazi.......
Old 05-26-04, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

looks like the bad guy from captain america
Old 05-26-04, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will future guy/Al(hologram) be able to find Archer/Beckett or did he leap to far in the past?

I really enjoyed this episode, things have gotten much better this season. Good season ender. Really enjoyed the shot of the pod getting shot at/strafed by those world war two planes.

Could the alien nazi be some sort of retrogressed reptilian Xindi?
Old 05-26-04, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts
That was one wacked out ending. I love far out cliffhangers like that. They need to keep trying stranger things like the original series did. So glad its coming back next season.
Old 05-26-04, 09:50 PM

what

the

*bleep*

was that!!!

Wow, talk about a bizarre ending.

I makes no sense that not only would Archer, who was in Earth orbit, but also the Enterprise, which was thousands of light years away in the expanse, would both travel back in time.

And how did Archer get from the weapon to Earth?

They're gonna have a lot of explainin to do.
Old 05-26-04, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Archer escaping was probably due to Daniels, but the little E makes no sense unless there was some sort of field around the sol system
Old 05-26-04, 10:55 PM

Another thing I was thinking... so, after the weapon blows up, earth is safe, right. Hoshi and Reed are on Degra's ship. But do they fly over to Earth, see how everyone is doing, get backup, etc? No! They hop right back into the vortex, go all the way back into the expanse, meet up with Enterprise, and then have the aquatics take them all back to earth together.

I would say that it's possible that the Earth was the WW2 Earth the whole time, except that the reptilians blew up that research space station that was in orbit.

So how the hell did Archer immediatly arrive on WW2 Earth, while Hoshi and Reed didn't until they flew out to the expanse and back?
Old 05-26-04, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was a cliffhanger that I wouldn't have expected. I thought it was just gonna end with them all happy on Earth. I guess I was way off.

The coolest part was Archer attaching the explosive to the Reptilian commander and stepped behind a pillar before blowing him up.
Old 05-26-04, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

then having the blood on the pillar
Old 05-27-04, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by MvRojo

The coolest part was Archer attaching the explosive to the Reptilian commander and stepped behind a pillar before blowing him up.
Absolutely. That was freaking awesome.

I liked the ending. It reminds me alot of TNG and Voyager plot lines that I've liked.

Thankfully this has been renewed, so we can find out who the F that alien was.
Old 05-27-04, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally posted by QuAcKeR
I've seen every ep. and I don't recall anyone like that.
Spoiler:
Some new breed of Xindi or something??
Spoiler:
Could the new alien be an Avian? They might not be extinct yet in the 1940s.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.