TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 5/25/04 Season Finale

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-04, 09:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 5/25/04 Season Finale

Spoiler:
Apparently there wont be a cliffhanger this season

Interesting stuff from Keifer Sutherland. I hope the final lives up to the hype.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...4-finale_x.htm

'24' fans can count on a better finale
By Robert Bianco, USA TODAY
This year, Kiefer Sutherland says, final means final.

Curious about how Jack Bauer manages to deal with heroin withdrawals? Sorry, you probably won't get an answer on that one.
Fox

The star of Fox's 24 promises that there will be no cliffhanger at the end of Tuesday's season finale (9 ET/PT). Like a lot of viewers, he was no fan of last year's leave-you-hanging assassination attempt. He felt it violated the show's unwritten pact with its audience.

"If you stick with us through the day, we're going to end this day and it will be conclusive. ... So this season has some finality to it."

He's happy with the ending and with his show. His only regret is 24's treatment of Jack's heroin addiction, which seemed to vanish around midseason. "I wish we had made more of that story line ... but we did find ourselves in a bind about what you can do to a lead character and what he can come back from — and heroin was pretty much the line."

Next season, Jack will be back (heroin-free), though not until January, when the show will start an interruption-free five-month run; "(I'm) so excited about that," Sutherland says. The show's real-time, one-day format will remain the same, but the type of story will change, he says. "For three years, we've done the same scenario: A specific issue generates a 24-hour response. ... Next season will be dramatically different."

Next month, Sutherland is off to New Zealand to shoot the historical drama River Queen. "It's a beautiful script, and about 180 degrees from 24."

Don't take that the wrong way: Sutherland says he'll be more than happy to come back to 24. "I still feel we're doing it really well. It's a fantastic breath of fresh air for me, and I'm a loyal person. I'm not going to slap that in the face."
Old 05-25-04, 09:34 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
I CAN'T WAIT! WE DON'T HAVE TIME!!!!!!
Old 05-25-04, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Was thinking about 24 on the way into work today after hearing a commercial. If all these devices are like the ones in the hotel where it just sprays the virus (no explosive force), why not just take the device and put in some sort of air-tight container? If none of the virus gets out, who cares if the device sprays inside the container. Then they just have to take it to a facility where they can work deal with it.
Saunders plan, defeated by a heafty bag.
Old 05-25-04, 10:48 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Someone suggested in last week's thread that they simply immerse the device in water.
Old 05-25-04, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by resinrats
Was thinking about 24 on the way into work today after hearing a commercial. If all these devices are like the ones in the hotel where it just sprays the virus (no explosive force), why not just take the device and put in some sort of air-tight container? If none of the virus gets out, who cares if the device sprays inside the container. Then they just have to take it to a facility where they can work deal with it.
Saunders plan, defeated by a heafty bag.
Spoiler:
Wow, nice guess. But OWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! That had to hurt!
Old 05-25-04, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I missed the first 15 minutes (to the commercial) if someone could briefly tell me what happened then, I would greatly appreciate it.

THANKS for any help.
Old 05-25-04, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
OUCH!!!!

Oh, that is going to leave a mark!
Old 05-25-04, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Oh damn! That was gee-narly!

Spoiler:
The device was locked to Chases arm by Chase to prevent the perp from running away with it, and Jack wasn't able to get the defusing guys to defuse it, so Jack hacks of Chase's left forearm and runs the bomb into a room with a refrigerator and throws the bomb in there and watches it go "boom" with a puff of smoke.

I was hoping it didn't go off, and that would have really drove Jack crazy.
Old 05-25-04, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
"Hey Jack, about that prison riot you engineered earlier, forget it!"
Old 05-25-04, 08:55 PM
Banned

that was it? the virus was only that little bit of stuff in the fridge?
Dont refrigerators suck air out and in?
Old 05-25-04, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Those 12 seconds he had to himself there at the end really said a lot about his character, at least in my eyes.
Old 05-25-04, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That little puff was the same puff that killed all those folks in the hotel.
Old 05-25-04, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked the ending... seeing Jack break down was a nice touch and something that was unexpected (to me, at least).
Old 05-25-04, 09:00 PM

PLAY BY PLAY

PLAY BY PLAY FROM TONIGHT. I"M WRITING THIS AS THE EPISODE CLICKS BY. YES I KNOW I HAVE NO LIFE BUT YOU'LL THANK ME LATTER.

12:00 - It looks like Tony's going down. At least he's being honest and admitting everything.
Damn that Chloe!!! Why did she have to boss Kim around?! If she had been taking care of that chick Saunders wouldn't have been shot and he could have identified the bad guy in the subway. Crap now they'll never catch him... or will they?! Why couldn't she have missed and hit Michelle and Chloe? Oh well time for the first commercial.

12:15 - Wow... I can't believe the President is emotional about that bitch of a wife dying. He is really pissed!
(God Kiefer is hot when he takes command. Oops I mean uhh never mind. Chase is transferring?) Oh no! (JK I'm not sure his departure is such a bad thing)
Uh oh a knife in that guys hands. but Jack is on to him. Gone? What? Oh no... 2 dead cops... carjacking! Bet they get into a Ford... hey what do you know they did! The chase is on! Damn it's commercial time again.

12:28 - Oo back to Tony. Hmmm I'm wondering if this CTU commander will last the episode. Michelle is trying to pull strings for her hubby. How nobel. Will this guy give in...? I guess so. Wow Tony looked kind of scary.
"Adam get me a close up..." SHUT UP ALREADY! God I hate her.
YEE HA THE CHASE IS ON!! GO JACK CATCH HIM!! Nice turn Jack!Cureses it's always the construction equipment that gets in the way.
Wow nice 180 by the bad guy. Oh crap a school!!! Hey that's El Segundo High!!! Naughty naughty guns in school! Crap commercial time again... jeeze I wish this had been a commercial free 24.

(I wonder if Catwoman will be any good)

12:37 - Jack is searching... jeeze he scared those kids. Spooky room with Chase... Teacher's lounge... I knew it! poor Chase... he's really getting an ASS woopin... oh no chemicals!!! Sorry Jack Chase can't answer right now... he's trying to save the shcool. Do elbows hurt that much? Wait... is Chase dead? Chase is just stunned.
JACK GOT HIM!!! YEE HAW!! But now there's an even bigger delima... I feel a red wire blue wire coming on... Wow he's shaking. Oh crap here we go... CUT! Whew that was a close one... one more wire to go... What? No green wire? Is this going to be a touching scene between son and Father in law to be?
Wow an axe? That's harsh...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! HE CUT HIS HAND OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Guess he won't ever lay ahand on Jacks daughter)AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WILL HE MAKE IT OH CRAP... OH CRAP... OH CRAP... He mad it... I can't believe it... wonder what those teachers are going to do for lunch? Commercial time... well at least we're not hanging by a thread...

12:51 - Are they going to do it on the table? Oh guess not... Gosh her acting is so trite... hey maybe they are going to get it on...! WHAT? NO ONE ELSE GOT HURT!! CHASE LOST HIS ARM BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T GET TO SAUNDERS!!!
Jack looks exausted. Wow a nice speech from the President.
WHAT? NO SECOND TERM!!!! OH NO!!!!! His assistant guy looks dissapointed and hurt... This is some cool music...
Jack is learning to let go of his baby girl. I'm proud of him. They had a nice little moment.
Well I guess that's it for this season of 24. What a ride this has been. Jask is having a hard time it seems. What a powerful performance by Kiefer. Back to work for Jack I guess.
GOOD NIGHT!!! WHAT A HELL OF A SEASON!!!

Last edited by ckliffames1; 06-12-04 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-25-04, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Give Keifer the Emmy now...no need to even vote!!!

BIG TIME Kudos to the writers for giving us an emotional ending instead of trying to shock us with a cliffhanger. This was the best season ender I've seen so far this year. That was a very exciting and moving episode.
Old 05-25-04, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I reallllllllllllllly thought Jack was going to shoot himself at the end. I haven't read any news about the upcoming season so I had reason to believe.
Old 05-25-04, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great ending! Can't wait for next season!!

Will Palmer work at CTU?

Will tony be needed and have to be pulled from prison?

Will Chase have a mechanical arm?

There's no time, we need to know!!
Old 05-25-04, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Excellent finale. All loose ends tied up nicely. Jack is one bad ass.

We have officially, RAN OUT OF TIME!!!

Can't wait till next season.

Last edited by edstein; 05-25-04 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-25-04, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually I thought Jack was about to shoot up with H at the end when he gets into his SUV.
Old 05-25-04, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
So much for no cliffhangers..

Couldn't they theoretically just have cut off Chase's thumb to get the bomb off? Also, since that was the hand that was damaged during the Mexican adventure, is it really saveable?

A part of me thought that the call to Jack at the end would say Michelle went rogue [no pun intended] and broke Tony out. OR that he would shoot up too..

Oh well.
Old 05-25-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually, I kept saying to myself:

Find a sink and fill it up with water! Find an aquarium, Jack! Dumb.
Old 05-25-04, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
@ angry mob shouting for Kim to be killed off this season.

Great episode. Glad Palmer said he wouldn't run.
Old 05-25-04, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Rogue588
So much for no cliffhangers..
I don't think it was a cliffhanger per se. It was more of a "things never end at CTU".

I also think he was going to shoot up but I guess we will never know.
Old 05-25-04, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Ranger
Great episode. Glad Palmer said he wouldn't run.
I laughed at Palmer's line that maybe he and Jack could be better friends after this. I can't really see Jack fishing with Palmer and his son. Speaking of which, is Keith still on that lake from last year?
Old 05-25-04, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Anyone going to miss Palmer?

Also, I am unsure of how this works since this is my 1st year to vote, but...

If Palmer drops out, does Wayne go head to head versus Keeler for the election, or does Keeler win be default now?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.