Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-14-02, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Havey Birdman Sunday 11PM Cartoon Network

I think it re-premiered last week. The ones I saw previously - the big Indian guy from the superfriends and shaggy from scooby doo were some of the funniest cartoon moments I have seen.

Basically the premise of the show is harvey defends cartoon characters from crimes they have committed- like Shaggy dealing mary jane.
Old 07-14-02, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds funny. I'll check it out. Thanks!
Old 07-14-02, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That show is very funny. To bad they only made 3? episodes.
Old 07-14-02, 08:14 PM

Originally posted by Mopower
That show is very funny. To bad they only made 3? episodes.
I am pretty sure that 3 were made and aired at the beginning of adult swim.

More have been made and this has caused its re-launch.
Old 07-15-02, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
The "Jagged Edge" homage in last night's episode elicited a smile, if not some out-loud laughs.

The implied tryst between Boo-Boo and Harvey must've raised a few eyebrows with the Hanna/Barbera folks.
Old 07-21-02, 03:29 PM

another episode tonite. I am not sure what the plot is.

Next week 7/28 should be funny. Fred Flinstone gets put on trial for his mafia connections al la Tony Soprano. He runs a stip club called the "Yabba Dabba".
Old 07-22-02, 12:07 AM

Tonight's was really good, but the preview for next week look's great. The Quickdraw McGraw cameo had me LMAO.
Old 07-22-02, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Including next weeks new episode, that'll be at least 6 episodes.

#1 -- Dr. Quest vs Race Bannon custody case
#2 -- Apache Chief vs coffee shop
#3 -- State vs Shaggy and Scooby
#4 -- State vs. the Unabooboo
#5 -- Japanese band vs. whatever those other guys and Jabberjaw are called.
#6 (unseen) -- State vs. Fred Flintstone

This is even funnier than Sealab 2021, and as such is one of the funniest shows on TV, up there with Invader Zim.

Tuan Jim
Old 07-22-02, 09:41 AM

You know, the first two (Johnny Quest and Apache Chief) were hilarious, but I haven't laughed once at the last two. There's just something... missing.
Old 07-22-02, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pretty much love whatever the boys from Williams St. put out, but some of the shows they do get old after a while. I am tired of Brak and Sealab, but that may also be due to the constant repeating of those shows. I am just glad Harvey Birdman is on to beak up the monontony.

Anybody know if they are ever going to get the Aquaman show off the ground?
Old 07-22-02, 03:31 PM

I loved this.. it was quite funny last night.. I added it to my Tivo Season pass so I won't miss anymore.

Can anyone tell me what happened to Space Ghost Coast to Coast? I remember that used to be on now I don't see it anymore..
Old 07-28-02, 07:15 PM

Reminder: Dabba Don ep tonite 7/28/02 (fred flintstone)
Old 07-28-02, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally posted by TK-421
I loved this.. it was quite funny last night.. I added it to my Tivo Season pass so I won't miss anymore.

Can anyone tell me what happened to Space Ghost Coast to Coast? I remember that used to be on now I don't see it anymore..
They used to have SGC2C on from 11:30-12 (2 shows), but lately they've added some new stuff and I don't think they show it anymore. That new show Mission Hill is pretty funny too though. Really reminds me of someone else's indy comic work, but I'm not sure who -- looks very familiar.

Anyone know if there's been more than one episode of Saddle Sore or Saddle Rash or whatever it was called? That was hilarious, plus it had Sarah Silverman in it as a cowgirl too.

Tuan Jim
Old 07-28-02, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I've only seen the Dr. Quest episode, but it seems like a great show. The Flinstone one looks funny so far.
Old 07-29-02, 08:35 AM

Man, last night's show was hillarious. I loved all the obvious Soprano and Godfather references, and I hope they keep this show going.
Old 07-29-02, 02:13 PM

The opening theme mixing Fred driving to work with the Soprano's "got yourself a gun" was priceless!!
Old 05-24-04, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Anybody else watch this? Just caught this for the very first time last night on Cartoon Network and was .

Does it always revolve around Harvey defending a classic Hanna Barbara cartoon character?

The boss and his version of the Patriot Act and Homeland Security. Harvey defending Secret Squirrel for incedent exposure.
Old 05-24-04, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quality show. Hopefully it will get a dvd release soon.
Old 05-24-04, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
Yes all of his clients are old Hanna Barbara characters, the ones I remember Booboo, Speed Buggy, his inter-office battle with the Blue Falcon, the Jetsons, Flintstones, Quick Draw (or he just had a cameo), Johnny Quest (great episode), Scooby Doo and Shaggy (one of the best episodes ever) and some others.

I love the theme song, and last month the ads they were running for new Harvey Birdman was a swipe at L&O, they had about 8 different titles for new HB spinoffs in the ad. I have looked but the only one I can find is HB: Bon Appetite, another one may have actually been HB: SVU.
Old 05-24-04, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah, maybe the classic Harvey Birdman is the one where he defends Fred Flintstone in a Sopranos spoof of sorts. I had heard rumors that the show needed 20 episodes to have a DVD release, although the first adult swim release only had 16 (Aqua Teens). There's another wave of Adult Swim titles coming out this summer (Aqua Teen 2 and Sealab), but no Harvey Birdman as of yet. For a long time they had only 6 episodes, but they've done a bunch since then including a string of new ones recently. Wouldn't shock me to see a DVD release by the end of the year. Lots of good stuff over at Adult Swim (I think Aqua Teens are my favorite, but Sealab is damn good too)
Old 05-24-04, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Just checked the episode guide on epguides.com - sounds like there are some very humorous cases.

If most of the episodes are as funny as last night's 'Blackwatch Plaid,' I would buy a DVD compilation in a second.

Next weeks episode:
Spoiler:
Grape Juiced
When Grape Ape is accused of using steroids in the Laff-a-Lympics, his medal is taken away from him.

Old 05-24-04, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Scooby Doo and Shaggy one was the best so far.

"When you're ready to rap, I mean when you're really ready to get real, you have my number."
Old 05-24-04, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked the Apache Chief one the best, but they're all pretty good.
Old 05-25-04, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Scooby Doo and Shaggy one was the best so far.

"When you're ready to rap, I mean when you're really ready to get real, you have my number."
Ok, that confirms it, the guy who asked me if I liked "rap music" really was trying to sell me drugs.
Old 05-25-04, 01:56 AM

I've been watching this since the begining, solid show. I loved when they were talking about the new seasons "28 new spin offs every week" and "Harvey Birdman: Criminal Investigation Unit, Harvey Birdmand: Sex Crimes, Harvey Birdman: Unit investigating Criminal Sex Crimes" (I might have messed them up, but you get the idea.)

I'd have to say the Shaggy and Scooby was best, but I laughed most at X, the exterminator coming after Harvey. "I'm sorry, gosh I hate to be a bother, do you have a powerstrip around here?" HHAAHHAHHA

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.