DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : best marilyn monroe film

hgar78
05-22-04, 10:26 AM
i've only ever seen some like it hot and loved it, so now i'd like to see some opinions on the others.

and, yes, i didn't include every film so if one's not on the list, mention it in your post.

Amel
05-22-04, 11:55 AM
If I'm forced to pick one favorite, I'd probably say Niagra. Great, great movie. "Don't Bother To Knock" is another good one. And you could never go wrong watching "Bus Stop", "Seven Year Itch" or "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes".

I'm a huge MM fan, so I pretty much love them all. My opinion may be a little biased, but I can assure these all good flicks.

mljones99
05-22-04, 12:44 PM
It was a toss up between Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and The Seven Year Itch but I ended up picking Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

PopcornTreeCt
05-22-04, 01:35 PM
The Seven Year Itch

William Fuld
05-22-04, 04:18 PM
Niagara

MrN
05-22-04, 06:15 PM
The Wilder films are the best - Some like it Hot and Seven Year Itch.

sataniko
05-22-04, 06:42 PM
The Seven Year Itch

TomOpus
05-22-04, 08:03 PM
I always thought she did a decent dramatic turn in The Misfits.

hgar78
05-23-04, 10:50 AM
so, no votes for how to marry a millionaire or there's no business like show business???

PalmerJoss
05-23-04, 08:14 PM
Seven Year Itch--she was just perfect to play the ditzy, airheaded neighbor. Plus, the movie was just hilarious. I might have to pop that into the dvd player sometime soon, been a while since I've seen it.

Supermallet
05-23-04, 08:29 PM
I voted for Seven Year Itch, but the vote could just as easily have gone to Some Like It Hot, How To Marry A Millionaire, Bus Stop, or There's No Business Like Show Business.

Her single best scene is the "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" number from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, but the rest of that movie is actually pretty bad.

Jericho
05-23-04, 11:19 PM
Well technically All About Eve is probably the best movie she was in (ignoring Some Like it Hot), but she's barely in that one. So I went with Seven Year Itch, although Gentleman Prefer Blondes was also high on my list.

ckolchak
05-24-04, 12:53 AM
yeah, assuming you are invalidating movies where she only had a minor supporting role (like All About Eve or Asphalt Jungle...both of which i enjoy more than any of her starring movies), Seven Year Itch is probably be the best one.
to be honest though, even in that film her character is more of a supporting one- with the films focus squarley on Ewell and his dilemna.

AGuyNamedMike
05-24-04, 08:46 AM
Seven Year Itch. Some of the facial expressions she makes are just "delicate". That, and the whole "summertime bachelor" fantasy is a hoot. Can you just imagine being in his shoes? What a temptation. She was hot. Tommy Ewell was spot on (he should have been, after playing the role on the stage for so long). And Robert Strauss was hilarious as the handyman fella!