TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville *Season Finale* - 05/19/04

Old 05-19-04, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Smallville *Season Finale* - 05/19/04

"Covenant", Episode #322.

Spoiler:
A beautiful girl with superpowers, claiming to be from Krypton, tries to entice Clark into fulfilling his destiny; when Clark seeks advice from his parents, he is stunned to learn about the deal Jonathan made with Jor-El.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Sam Jones III, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Adrianne Palicki.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.

Original Airdate: May 19, 2004.
Old 05-19-04, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
They better hook me tonight because I have no use for WB next season otherwise. I'm hoping for a goodepisode because I really want to like this show.
Old 05-19-04, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

She has some nice lips....
Old 05-19-04, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by B.A.
She has some nice lips....
she's very cute. they should just keep her and get rid of everyone else. it could make the show so much better just spending the hour looking at her.
Old 05-19-04, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that set the wheels in motion, very curious where the series goes from here
DVD Talk Hero

Weird. That episode was...good, damn good.
Cool New Member

Holy SH*T!
Old 05-19-04, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn, Kara's a hot babe.

"She's from far away ... California."
Old 05-19-04, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
buh-bye Chloe.

show of hands who thought Jor-El's follow-up to "Come To Me Kal-El" was going to be "Kneel Before Zod!"...
Old 05-19-04, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn, is Chloe and her father toast?

Lionel looked lean and mean with the close shaved look now.

Lex tumbles into glass tables like no other.

Bon Voyage, Lana.

Jonathan, is his time up?

Martha, signs, anyone?

Clark, getting edumacated.
Old 05-19-04, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
I am SPEECHLESS.

Clark is being "reborn"
Chloe died
Martha sees fiery crop circles
Lex is drugged
Lionel is bald (is he the real archenemy bald Luthor after all?)
Jonathan is knocked out.

Wow.

Last edited by GuessWho; 05-19-04 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-19-04, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

AWESOME. This show, when it wants to be, can be 100 times better than it is on average. In the middle of the seasons they just water it down too much. It was a very Soprano-ish ending.

Cara looked alot like Mandy Moore if she was still blonde.
Old 05-19-04, 08:07 PM

The ending was not Soprano-ish, it was straight from the Godfather! It was brilliant, very powerful. My wife and I were shocked that Chloe was killed like that! Pete was written off last season, Clark and Lex are no longer friends, Lana is in Paris...I guess we can expect a major overhaul for next season....
Old 05-19-04, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
All the characters, save for Lana, are in jeopardy thanks to Lionel, makes for an interesting cliffhanger of who will live/die for next season. I don't think anyone was killed off, except maybe Chloe's dad. If Chloe is going to be killed, I don't see it happening until the final episode -- and then it would be personal, done by Lionel himself and not by his goons. Seeing him shaved bald kind of recalls "the father becomes the son" statement from the first movie.

So as it turns out, Jonathan's "deal with Jor-El" might not exactly what people were thinking, but still the initial physical toll will probably play a key factor when the series ends. So much for the Supergirl factor. Maybe she will appear again someday if Jor-El didn't totally eliminate her because she fulfilled her purpose. After seeing the finale, it does give me second thoughts of Jor-El's purpose of sending Kal-El to Earth now. Was it for noble reasons, as in the classic Superman mythos, or does he have something more planned, as Clark has been worrying the past couple of seasons?
Old 05-19-04, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't think Chloe's dead, but everyone will think she is, and perhaps this is how her "Lois Lane" identity/career gets started...
Old 05-19-04, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Rogue588
buh-bye Chloe.

show of hands who thought Jor-El's follow-up to "Come To Me Kal-El" was going to be "Kneel Before Zod!"...
*hand in the air*
Totally killed the moment for me. I started laughing out loud. Glad I'm not the only one who had that thought.

Very happy that Chloe's gone. Didn't like her at all. Ever.
Hope Jonathan is not dead. He can't go out like that!
Nice effect shot of Clark being "reborn".

I really hope that's not the last we see of Lana. I know she's not well liked, but I've always enjoyed her.
Old 05-19-04, 08:11 PM

Let's not jump to the "Chloe is dead" conclusion. Maybe she was just horribly burned, or blown out the front door. Or maybe her appearing to be killed is how the feds plan to protect her... I'm holding out hope for her cause i like her better than Lana.
Old 05-19-04, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally posted by Amel
Nice effect shot of Clark being "reborn".

I really hope that's not the last we see of Lana. I know she's not well liked, but I've always enjoyed her.
Yes!

It was the shape of the "S" crest!!

As far as Lana goes, I don'tmind her being gone. We know Clark ends up with someone else (Lois) so the Lana flirting thing is pointless.
Old 05-19-04, 08:15 PM

Allison Mack is still listed on the cast for Season 4, while Sam Jones III is not. That makes me think that Chloe is not going to be dead, but it's hard to see how she could make it out of that explosion alive...
Old 05-19-04, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by MisterHowie
Allison Mack is still listed on the cast for Season 4, while Sam Jones III is not. That makes me think that Chloe is not going to be dead, but it's hard to see how she could make it out of that explosion alive...
A mangled shadow of her former self that reminds Clark what he is fighting against?
Old 05-19-04, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Patman
I don't think Chloe's dead, but everyone will think she is, and perhaps this is how her "Lois Lane" identity/career gets started...
Why would she want to become her own cousin?

I always felt Chloe would die at the result of some mistake Clark made, or something he did that inadvertedly caused her death, and in a way, he did cause her apparent death. If he had not testified at the trial, everything would have been OK for Lionel. Maybe he would have still had revenge on Chloe, who knows, but I am sure Clark's testimony really pissed him off.

This should have been one of WB's 70 minute episodes so we could have seen some of the trial.

I don't know of Choloe is dead, but I hope so.

Maybe Clark will rebel against his true calling for Earth and Kara will be reborn as Supergirl and become an enemy? A good battle between reborn Clark and reborn Supergirl would be quite a good treat for next year's sweeps weeks.

All in all, a riviting episode right to the end. Can't wait for season three on DVD now!
Old 05-19-04, 08:27 PM

I'm looking for a formula change next year. I want this Rebirth thing to be about the whole show. I know the show is Smallville, but seeing Clark in Metropolis more, being somewhat of a Crime Fighter would be great. No more Lana moments. There's only so much you can do in Smallville with FreakoftheWeeks. Introduce a couple of villans that don't die, and aren't named Luthor, draw from the comic a little. Broaden the scope.

What did that Fire symbol represent, anyone recognize it?
Old 05-19-04, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MisterHowie
Instead of taking on the identity of Lois Lane to hide herself from Lionel (unless I am reading too much into Patman's post), maybe she will play Lois Lane in season four? Not out of the realm of possibility. Remember Twin Peaks how the actress who played Laura Palmer also played her own cousin?
Old 05-19-04, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think in this incarnation of the Superman mythos, Chloe becomes Lois the Daily Planet reporter, etc. This is just part of that new take on the mythos.
Old 05-19-04, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
I was thinking along the same lines, too.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.