Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

T3 Temporal Incursion Theory

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 05-14-04, 01:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know th etypical answer to this would be "cuz they didnt think of it" but hey I'll ask anyway....

Why not just send the the T-1000 or the T-X back to either the Sarah Conner movie period where a human soldier would have no hope of victory....or better yet, even further back

or even better yet, send them back to when Sarah Conner was a child? or can they only go back a certain amount of years which is why the present progresses in chronologial synchronzation with the future?

I'd imagine after the first fiasco, the machines would be methodical and not bother screwing around and send a TX back to Sarah's grandmother's time....but then if they did that, there would be no squished CSM-101 "Arnold model" microchip for us to base the machine's future technology on, and they'd wind up really screwing things up for themselves, so in theory, they HAD to go back the first time....and FAIL, thereby planting the seeds of their own future prosperity, nutured by the natural human tendency to experiment with all things unknown.

?
Old 05-14-04, 05:08 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good point, but its the movies where things don't make any sense. Just like a bunch of bad guys firing machine guns, they always miss their target. But the good guy with his one pistol can take them all out.
Old 05-14-04, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well to address one point, I don't believe the T-1000 and T-X exist in the same future time-line
Old 05-14-04, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 225 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally posted by chanster
Well to address one point, I don't believe the T-1000 and T-X exist in the same future time-line
That's what I assumed as well.

Also, I thought Reese said that all skynet had was a name? (I'm not sure how they pinpointed the location)....meaning that had they no intel on Sarah Connor's parents, grandparents, etc. and could not go back any further than 1984.

Last edited by candyrocket786; 05-14-04 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-14-04, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah, I think the name thing is a big factor. But let's be honest, you could just ask why didn't the machines send back robots to any period in time. And you could ask why the machines are so incompetent that they can't send someone back without the humans finding out. You could go on and on. But with a story like this, you just gotta accept what's given to you. I'd rather assume there's a good explanation than waste movie time hearing it. Quite frankly, that applies to most movies I see.
Old 05-15-04, 11:23 AM
Suspended

I've always said that Skynet shouldnt mess around with this whole "Sarah Conner" business. Naw, just send an army of T-1000's back to, oh say, ancient Rome. Completly wipe out humanity when the best they have to throw back at them are pointy sticks and large rocks.

From there have the Terminators set up the support system, download skynet into a computer network built on-site in the stone age and rule the planet forever.
Old 05-15-04, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by El-Kabong
I've always said that Skynet shouldnt mess around with this whole "Sarah Conner" business. Naw, just send an army of T-1000's back to, oh say, ancient Rome. Completly wipe out humanity when the best they have to throw back at them are pointy sticks and large rocks.

From there have the Terminators set up the support system, download skynet into a computer network built on-site in the stone age and rule the planet forever.
Wouldn't destroying humanity so far the past essentially destroy Skynet itself? Cause like, humans did have to invent the transistor or how to forge steel itself inorder for Skynet to exist.
Old 05-15-04, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally posted by cross
Wouldn't destroying humanity so far the past essentially destroy Skynet itself? Cause like, humans did have to invent the transistor or how to forge steel itself inorder for Skynet to exist.
That is what I was going to point out. Destroying humans would also destroy any chance of their existence.
Old 05-15-04, 05:46 PM
Banned

They are already destroying teh humans in their time - its a matter or inevitability, and they would be smart enough not to endanger their own existence - they just need to eradicate the John Conner thorn-in-the-side so they can wipe us out that much faster and get on with reshaping the planet