Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Two player Xbox Live recommendations?

xmiyux
05-13-04, 11:51 AM
I'm looking for a game where a friend and i can play against people online. For instance i have RS3 but you can't play with two people on your end.... so what are some non-sports games that we can both play against people?

PixyJunket
05-13-04, 11:56 AM
Project Gotham Racing 2!

DavePack
05-13-04, 11:57 AM
Crimson Skies.

PixyJunket
05-13-04, 12:01 PM
Halo 2!

xmiyux
05-13-04, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by DavePack
Crimson Skies.

Crimson Skies i'll probably get when i get the actual starter kit - as for now i'm just going to play on a 2 month trial.

As for PGR2 - i'm not a huge fan of racing games and i was terrible at the one PGR2 is kind of based on on the DC..... hrm, i forget the name of it now but it also had the kudos system.

Decker
05-13-04, 12:32 PM
Ghost Recon Island Thunder -- My friend and I play against each other all the time

Of course the ultimate 2-on-2 online game of all time is Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow.

xmiyux
05-13-04, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Decker
Ghost Recon Island Thunder -- My friend and I play against each other all the time

Of course the ultimate 2-on-2 online game of all time is Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow.

Pandora Tomorrow is something i'm really interested in but can you play it split screen on my xbox against people on live?

Barney1234
05-13-04, 01:29 PM
Edit

Wasn't thinking

PG2
Mech Assault

xmiyux
05-13-04, 01:49 PM
What about Return to Castle Wolfstein? Does it let you play split screen against people online?

Barney1234
05-13-04, 02:14 PM
no

Originally posted by xmiyux
What about Return to Castle Wolfstein? Does it let you play split screen against people online?

CaptStormy
05-13-04, 02:14 PM
MechAssault!

funkyryno
05-13-04, 04:03 PM
Mechassault is cheap, too.

Trevor
05-13-04, 04:46 PM
Crimson Skies is a must-buy for this. And it is worth twice the 24.99 after GCC.

Kicker_of_Elves
05-13-04, 04:52 PM
Pandora Tomorrow is something i'm really interested in but can you play it split screen on my xbox against people on live?

I'm interested to know as well, would be a must buy for me if ya can.

Decker
05-13-04, 06:19 PM
I don't know about that. I'll try to check that out tonight if I get a chance.

I know you said non-sports games, but 2-on-2 doubles matches on Top Spin are pretty fun if you can find a match.

xmiyux
05-13-04, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Decker
I don't know about that. I'll try to check that out tonight if I get a chance.

I know you said non-sports games, but 2-on-2 doubles matches on Top Spin are pretty fun if you can find a match.

Hrm, might have to give the tennis game a try... also a fun online and offline golf game would be neat. I guess when i mentioned no sports i mostly think of racing, football etc. and while i like NCAA football games when played by myself i just get royally creamed when i play online. I learned my lesson going online with the DC and just getting hammered in one of the 2k series.

What is the golf game that you swivel the right joystick to hit the ball instead of doing the button/meter minigame?

nevermind
05-13-04, 11:52 PM

What is the golf game that you swivel the right joystick to hit the ball instead of doing the button/meter minigame?

It's the left joystick and it's Links 2004. 2 players can go Live on it. It's a great game for $29. Word to the wise, though - be prepared to spend some time completing challanges in career mode offline so you can increase your skills or you are bound to get smoked online. Fresh out of the box you'll be driving 100 yds less than most people on Live. I've been playing almost 3 weeks and just went on Live yesterday. I have a bit(lot!) more skill increasing to do - but that's ok. This game is like crack to me - I find myself saying "just one more challenge and I'll go to bed." Problem is I say that for 3 hours :).

Giantrobo
05-14-04, 06:14 AM
Jedi Academy :up:

alexkat
05-14-04, 03:01 PM

No, not as far as I know. I was dissappointed too, because I really wanted to play 2 vs 2 on system link.

xmiyux
05-15-04, 11:16 PM
Holy crap Crimson Skies is loads of fun! The single player game has a lot of style and character but i get kind of lost looking for the next mission i'm supposed to do. But i can spend hours dogfighting online. I'm terrible and only have one little dot for my skill level but it is incredibly fun. I should have gotten on the Live bandwagon ages ago ;)

Now if i could just find some people i know to play against....

Trevor
05-16-04, 12:09 AM
Now if i could just find some people i know to play against....

Add a bunch of us to your friends list.

Copenhagen
05-16-04, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Trevor
Add a bunch of us to your friends list.

Yeah no kidding -ptth-

CaptDS9E
05-16-04, 07:41 AM
If your a trivia junky Trivial Pursuit is a must . Can have up to 4 players on one box

capt