Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Nintendo GBA E3 Lineup and Discussion (NEW 2D ZELDA!!!)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-04, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here we shall discuss new GBA games being shown off at E3.

The Legend of Zelda: The Miner Cap: This is the Capcom developed Zelda that has been in the works since BEFORE the Link to the Past port (Capcom was asked to stop work on this game to port LttP and create Four Swords). The graphics look freaking amazing. Think Four Swords but an entire Zelda game. So far, the story is Link finds a hat that shrinks him to micro size where he meets a race of people called Miners.

Mario Pinball

Donkey Kong: King of Swing

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories: What happens between KH1 and KH2

Final Fantasy I+II (will it be shown?)

Mario Golf/Mario Tennis (will they be shown?)

Ugh.. my brain ate up all the DS info I read this morning and forgot all the GBA stuff except for Zelda, so if anybody can hit Magic Box and report what other games have been shown or announced it'd be great.
Old 05-12-04, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought it was Minish?

Any way, I am very excited, sounds cool so far. Some of the other games are sounding great as well. Still more I'd love to see announed (more Castlevania please!), but there certainly won't be a shortage of good games it appears.
Old 05-12-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

KH could be good, since the big gripe I had with the PS2 game was the chaotic battle system. Zelda will be great if the Oracle games are any indication, I need to replay them sometime.
Old 05-12-04, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More like Oracle than A Link to the Past. But I'm in. My GBA has been gathering dust lately, this will be a good reward for keeping it.
http://media.gba.gamespy.com/media/4...14/imgs_1.html
Old 05-12-04, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Hey Pixy, I went over to Magic box and grabbed some img's for you.
Donkey Kong: KoS

Mario Pinball

Mario Party Advance

Old 05-12-04, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Excellent. Thanks!! I read all this stuff at home while getting ready for work, but at work I can't access the stuff.. so yeah it could've been Minish, I wrote all my DS and GBA stuff from memory (before coffee even!).

I LOVE my GBA. Love it. The new Zelda is going to be great. Capcom delivered HUGE on the Oracle games, so this game is in good hands. Here's hoping for at least 8 dungeons (maybe 10? 12?!).
Old 05-12-04, 11:15 AM

Can't wait for the new Zelda game on GBA. Also want to know more about that Donkey Kong game. Is it like Donkey Kong Country?
Old 05-12-04, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mookiemeister
Can't wait for the new Zelda game on GBA. Also want to know more about that Donkey Kong game. Is it like Donkey Kong Country?
Well since Rare is now an MS developer, it's probably going to taken a different direction. I really like the more colorful look though, and Green Donkey Kong rocks.
Old 05-12-04, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts
Excellent! Can't wait to see some of these tomorrow...
Old 05-12-04, 11:37 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I'm finally upgrading my Indigo GBA to a Classic NES GBA SP in June (7th)... can't wait for these games.

'Specially the Zelda and Mario Party titles!
Old 05-12-04, 12:14 PM
Retired

Zelda looks great. It's my favorite series, so I'm pretty stoked right now between this and the new GC game!
Old 05-12-04, 01:20 PM

Mario Gold Advance

Mario vs. Donkey Kong.

Old 05-12-04, 01:23 PM

Kirby: The Amazing Mirror

F-Zero GP Legend

Old 05-12-04, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow.. to think Nintendo is launching another portable but still the GBAs upcoming lineup is this strong. That's amazing. Long live 2D greatness!!
Old 05-12-04, 01:35 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
[tongue in cheek]But what about the Adult titles?[/tongue in cheek]
Old 05-12-04, 03:55 PM

Final Fantasy I and II

Old 05-12-04, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Stolen from IGN.

May 11, 2004 - Last year's The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past release on the Game Boy Advance was indeed a treat, especially in its Four Swords mode. After all, the game was based upon the brilliant and fun Super NES release from a decade before. But that's the real problem, isn't it? The single player adventure was already a "been there done that" experience for many gamers, and even though the Four Swords portion was an entirely new game, it's the solo adventure that counts.

Nintendo's addressing this with a brand new Legend of Zelda adventure, exclusively made for the Game Boy Advance by Flagship. The Minish Cap puts players back in the role of Link as he sets off into a fresh adventure where he befriends a bird-like hat called, what else, the Minish Cap. This cap looks like the standard green lid that Link normally wears, but at certain times the birdbrain portion will come to life to offer some advice or abilities.
The Minish Cap has the ability to shrink Link down to a smaller-than-mouse size, which changes his surroundings quite a bit. In many cases the game will force players to control Link as a teeny tiny two pixel high sprite and do everything that Link does when he's a normal height - cross moving bridges, for example, or avoid dangerous enemies. Other times, the game will actually kick the player into a "giant" world after he's reduced in size, giving the players a "Honey, I Shrunk the Adventurer" feel. Luckily there's a race of tiny folk that Link can interact with (the Minish people), so even when he's lacking in size he won't be lacking in social manners.

Though the game follows the standard Legend of Zelda formula we've come to expect out of the series, Flagship has added a few new gameplay elements into the mix. Link can equip a bottle that can suck in a load of air and blast it back at enemies. This device can come in handy to clear out cobwebs or dusty areas by vacuuming them up. There are also flexible mushrooms that can be stretched backwards from a sucking motion…and Link can grab the stretched out 'shroom to fling forward to cross dangerous chasms.

The version at the show only features a handful of dungeons, but it also shows off another new feature: kinstones. In this demo, Link must find one half of a kinstone and match it up with another villager's kinstone. When Link makes a pair, something happens…be it a treasure chest sprouting up from the ground, or an arrival of a special someone. The task in the E3 demo is to get enough money to buy some Lon Lon milk for Zelda, and the only way to do this is to work your way through the kinstone-matching in the village. Nintendo promises that this game will support the Wireless adapter so that players can trade and pair up Kinstones in the adventure.

Nintendo revealed another little tidbit in its E3 video today: it looks like the GBA game will feature more Four Swords action. See if you can catch the footage in our movie added to this story.

The game is currently on display at Nintendo's E3 booth for all to play.
Old 05-12-04, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wireless.. Four Swords?! OH YES.