Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

If you get TechTv and and want to see stuff from E3

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-04, 07:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you get TechTv and and want to see stuff from E3

www.g4techtv.com

Tech TV is previewing G4 programming and are running some E3 live shows over the next few days a 5PM and 10PM. If you're using TiVo, the guide is not updated to reflect this yet.

FS
Old 05-12-04, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cool - thanks for the heads-up!

I remember like three years ago when TechTV used to air Tech Live all day long, and they had live coverage from E3. The friggin' best E3 coverage I'd ever seen before or since. They not only did broadcasts from the show floor and game announcements, but they also had a trailer for exclusive previews and interviews. They would have a PC and would load up a beta of games and would demo the game live during the interview. I remember them doing this with both The Sims with Will Wright, and Dungeon Siege with Chris Taylor.

I don't understand, gaming is such a big business why can't any of the channels provide coverage like this today...

Jeremy
Old 05-12-04, 12:46 PM

Well G4 doesn't really give a damn much about anything. They're only doing 1 half-hour's worth of coverage every night of the show. I expect more from a 24 hour gaming network.
Old 05-13-04, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This should be like the Superbowl for G4. I would expect nonstop E3 coverage(most of which should be live). But, by the looks of things, that won't be happening.

D
Old 05-13-04, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why do the hosts have English accents?

Is this even a US produced show?

At least... the girl in the micro-skirt has an accent. The Ryan Seacrest lookie likie actually sounded like he was putting it on... I'm confused! I know they have a few British shows on there... but a British E3 coverage show?!?
Old 05-14-04, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Flash - Good to see you. I have missed you around here? You been gone?
Old 05-17-04, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by jrutz
Cool - thanks for the heads-up!

I remember like three years ago when TechTV used to air Tech Live all day long, and they had live coverage from E3. The friggin' best E3 coverage I'd ever seen before or since. They not only did broadcasts from the show floor and game announcements, but they also had a trailer for exclusive previews and interviews. They would have a PC and would load up a beta of games and would demo the game live during the interview. I remember them doing this with both The Sims with Will Wright, and Dungeon Siege with Chris Taylor.

I don't understand, gaming is such a big business why can't any of the channels provide coverage like this today...

Jeremy
I remember this. It was really great to see such extensive coverage of E3. I watched the Nintendo press conference and kept waiting for them to cut away but they never did.

I thought G4 would really exploit E3, but they have sadly dropped the ball. They should broadcast every press conference, every announcement, every panel, and every booth babe! They could get enough footage to fill a month of programming if they really tried. It's sad that this board had better E3 coverage than G4.
Old 05-17-04, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The girl doing the coverage is HOT!