Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

FF X2 vs Champions of Norrath

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: Which game should I buy?
Final Fantasy X-2
23.08%
Champions of Norrath
38.46%
Buy them both you hoser
15.38%
Buy neither
23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-04, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best Buy has Final Fantasy X-2 and Champions of Norrath on sale for $29.99 this week, $24.99 if you buy a gift certificate and use the gamers coupon. I only have time to play one new game right now, which is better?
Old 05-10-04, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I prefer CON. I finished Champions but I can't get into FFX2 at all.
Old 05-10-04, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
We played and beat CoN a while back, and it was fun. After I got close enough to beating FF-X to 'count' in my mind, I started FFX-2, and I'm enjoying it so far.
They're both different types of games, so this is a tough question.
Do you plan to go online with CoN? Do you have someone living with you who'd like to play CoN with you?
Did you play Final Fantasy Tactics, and if so, did you like the 'job-purchasing' system? Did you play FFX? You can play FFX2 without FFX, but X2 does refer to a lot of people, places, events that occurred in FFX. Do you mind games with a little bit of cheese/silliness to them, because FFX2 definitely has that.

I am finding FFX-2 more 'original' than CoN. After playing Diablo, Diablo II, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, and DA2, CoN didn't do enough novel to really stand out to me. It's still a good game, and fun, but it didn't have that *spark* some others do. [Of course, if you haven't played other games in that genre, this might not apply to you.] FFX-2 does have that originality, in my opinion, while taking concepts from previous FF games and applying them in a slightly different way.

Actually, just buy 'em both,--If you use the GGC, then you get both games for the price of what one cost last week. Play CoN for a half hour of dungeon crawling, or with a friend or family member; play FFX-2 when you'll be playing for 1-2 hours or so.
Old 05-10-04, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
I bought both on Sunday. Haven't played them yet, though.
Old 05-10-04, 03:42 PM

I bought FF X-2 as well. So far I really like the combat system and jobs/classes.
Old 05-10-04, 10:07 PM

Picked up both today! Can't beat $50 for two great RPG's. I'm going to play FFX-2 first, and save CON for multiplayer.
Old 05-10-04, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am getting bored with any FF series for now. It does have great Graphic but still not the BEST compare to FFVII. I may pickup whenever it hit $20 price range.
Old 05-11-04, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
I am getting bored with any FF series for now. It does have great Graphic but still not the BEST compare to FFVII. I may pickup whenever it hit $20 price range.
Are you talking about Final Fantasy X-2? So $25 is out of your price range but $20 isn't? You'll actually wait god knows how much longer for it to be a Greatest Hit?