Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Survivor Post-Finale Poll (Spoilers Within)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who gets your vote for the Second Million Dollar Prize?
Rupert
63.27%
Rudy
2.55%
Richard
3.57%
Rob C
6.12%
Boston Rob
16.33%
Amber
1.02%
Big Tom
1.53%
Colby
1.02%
Alicia
1.02%
OTHER
3.57%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-04, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kept the thread title vague as to avoid potential spoilers.

Very simple. It's in your hands now. Who are you voting for the Second Million Dollars?

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo...ce/index.shtml

(The Forum only allows a maximum of 10 choices in the Poll, So I'm assuming the following losers will not get many votes: Jenna, Jenna 2, Kathy, Lex, Shi Ann, Tina, Ethan, Jerri, Susan. If you disagree, vote "OTHER" )

That Leaves: Rupert, Rudy, Richard, Boston Rob, Amber, Big Tom, Colby, Alicia, Rob C, & OTHER

Last edited by ClarkKentKY; 05-10-04 at 12:50 AM.
Old 05-10-04, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know you had to make choices, but you've excluded most of the women. And who would ever vote for Alicia? At least include Jenna Lewis for making Top 3.

Anyway, I vote for Rob. Even though he's marrying into Amber's money, he deserved to win the game. No one has ever run out in front like he did, taking the game by the horns and dominating it in so many ways, and he deserves the credit. Rupert's a nice guy and all, and I wish him the best, but he doesn't deserve the money.

das
Old 05-10-04, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I voted for Rupert because he did a lot on the island and deserves something. That's all. Second place I'd vote for Richard.

I wouldn't vote for Rob simply because I thought he said too many mean spirited things behind the backs of other contestants. He deserved second place, but I wouldn't want to reward him more than that.
Old 05-10-04, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, You're right. I should have put Jenna instead of Alicia. Too late. It won't matter much in the end anyway.

My Vote: Rupert. Rob is more deserving in the game, but i think Rupert is more deserving outside the game.
Old 05-10-04, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts
Rupert. Yes, it's obvious but I really liked him and the way he handled himself within the game. Robfather probably gets my vote if he doesn't end up with Ambuh; but when you figure $1.1 Million combined income in 2004, two new cars and a smokin' hot fiance', I can't really feel too charitable towards the guy.
Old 05-10-04, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There is no way Rupert should not win this.
Old 05-10-04, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Rupert. Cause he da man
Old 05-10-04, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The videos are up on cbs.com (of the Survivors telling us why we should vote for them). Rob C. has a good pitch. Tom's is just wacky.
Old 05-10-04, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Going to have to go with Rupert as well. Rupert and Tom did all the work that allowed Rob and Amber to make it so far, with Rob saving his energy for challenges. Rupert might not deserve it as the best Survivor player, but he deserves it as a person.
Old 05-10-04, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm voting for Rupert because he's an honest guy and it's hard for honest guy to go far on Survivor. Also, he worked hard on Survivor. Even though he made the mistake of building that shelter. He still contribute a lot to the team.
Old 05-10-04, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There's little doubt this will come down to a popularity contest and not who's most "deserving".

So, I'm voting Jerri.

kidding! Rupert's the man!
Old 05-10-04, 06:16 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I'd vote for Rob M.
Old 05-10-04, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I voted for the Robfather.
Old 05-10-04, 07:57 AM

I voted Rudy even though as it's easy to see by this poll alone that voting for anyone other than Rupert is futile.
Old 05-10-04, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I'm w/ das, BDB and the Patman on this one.

Boston Rob
Old 05-10-04, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Although I think Rob ultimately deserved to win - I also think he's had enough with the cars, the money, and the girl. The person who I think could most USE the money in a non-stupid and non-selfish way is Rupert. All he cares about is his wife and his kids, and I respect that. I think having this additional 1 million dollar prize is very un-survivor like, so I'm voting for the least survivor-like person : Rupert.
Old 05-10-04, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I voted for Shii Ann (not listed.) She was the only one of the last remaining players who saw what was happening with Amber & Rob and I really admired her at the end.

I would have also considered voting for Rob C. I have always liked him and it sucks he never goes farther.

Why is Amber even listed in this poll? Why would anyone vote to give her ANOTHER million dollars?
Old 05-10-04, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Jadzia •

I voted for Shii Ann (not listed.) She was the only one of the last remaining players who saw what was happening with Amber & Rob and I really admired her at the end.
The others saw it, but I think they figured they'd take their chances. Rob/Amber's strategy was pretty sharp. Instead of guaranteeing people Final Two, they promised Final Three. When they bumped Shii Ann, Jenna and Tom were each banking on that promise in hopes of winning the final immunity or being dragged to the final. And of course Rupert knew what was up, but he was a man of his word and had an alliance with Jenna, Rob, and Amber and was not going to break it. He proved his loyalty with Rudy. This was the big problem I had with Shii Ann. Everyone else appeared to know what was going on. They just wanted to take their chances anyway. Hell, if I were Jenna, I would have played it the same way near the end.

das
Old 05-10-04, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jenna L had her shot at the prize, but she failed in the final immunity. Had she won immunity, she probably would have taken the Robfather and would have beaten him in a close final vote (regardless of that polling at the wrap-up show).

Jenna M had her shot and she prevailed when she won final immunity in the Amazon. Sometimes you make your fate and win.
Old 05-10-04, 09:14 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting. At the site you don't just vote for the Survivor you want to win the million. There are other categories like Best Fight, Greatest Villain, Sexiest Guy, Hottest Female, and Top Moment. These categories encompass ALL the shows, not just the All Stars Edition. I had wondered how they were going to pad out another hour. I guess this is it. Not a bad idea, all things considered.
Old 05-10-04, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Patman •

Jenna L had her shot at the prize, but she failed in the final immunity. Had she won immunity, she probably would have taken the Robfather and would have beaten him in a close final vote (regardless of that polling at the wrap-up show).

Jenna M had her shot and she prevailed when she won final immunity in the Amazon. Sometimes you make your fate and win.
Yep. This is why I it made no sense for Jenna to bail on her alliance. The only person she could beat was Rob, and her fate to go against him was completely in her hands. I'm not sure I buy that polling either. Lex, Tom, and Alicia are such crybabies, that Hitler would get their vote over Rob, so it comes down to Kathy, Rupert, Amber, and Shii Ann. Kathy and Amber would respect Rob's game, but who knows between Rupert and Shii Ann. Rupert had an alliance with her and a fatherly mentality, but maybe he was still mad that she bailed on him. Shii Ann has a girl power thing going on, but maybe she respects Rob's game over hers or finds her just too damn annoying and would change her vote like she indicated in the reunion. Either way, it's not a bad chance, especially for someone with no defineable skills other than talking fast and being annoying.

das
Old 05-10-04, 09:25 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Rupert. Jumping straight from one survivor to coming in 4th in All Stars. Plus he's from Indianapolis, and he's not Boston Rob.
Old 05-10-04, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
It's too bad, Rob C. did not do better this time around, otherwise I would have been very tempted to vote for him.

Like I said in the other thread, I am leaning toward Rupert even though I respect Rob's game more - Rob won a car, gets to basically share a million, and gets to bang Amber. I don't think he needs another $1M on top of all that.
Old 05-10-04, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• BlackCapTen •

The videos are up on cbs.com (of the Survivors telling us why we should vote for them). Rob C. has a good pitch. Tom's is just wacky.
You guys should really check these videos out if you haven't. Rob C.'s pitch is pretty funny, but I'm getting damn tired of him proclaiming himself the best player ever. He was fun to watch, a great strategist, and damn funny, but cool it with the self promotion. Sue's pitch was disoriented, but it was still funny.

das
Old 05-10-04, 09:43 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
The reason my votes go to boston rob are 2fold.

one because he played the game like a rockstar from start to end.
Never gave up, dominated all the challenges for the most part and flat out ruled.

two - just to spite the other jury members.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.