Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Assistance with STAR FOX ADVENTURES

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-04, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Assistance with STAR FOX ADVENTURES

Ok - I give up! Someone please help me out. I have been stuck in getting the Third Krazoa Spirit in the Krazoa Shrine. You have to keep the green line from going to one side or the other while ignoring all the "apparitions" trying to drive you mad or something. I might have conquered it by now except each failed attempt makes you have to go through the Shrine ALL OVER AGAIN!

Does anyone have any practical advice on this section?!?! PLEASE HELP!
Old 05-05-04, 03:45 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Yeah, this is one of several parts of the game that are nothing more than a huge pain-in-the-ass to get through. I don't have any advice other than to keep trying and don't get frustrated.
Old 05-05-04, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
This part of the game made me stop playing it for like 4 months. I picked it up again and beat that part in my 2nd try.

Here's what I'd recommend:

1. Don't blink. Keep your eyes glued to the bar at the top of the screen.
2. Be alone - no pets, no friends, no one in the room but you.
3. Keep the stick moving. When the bar stops moving, that doesn't mean you stop moving the joystick. Keep it moving back and forth, keeping it in the center (kind of like when you want Pac-man to stand still in the middle off a straightaway). That way, when the bar suddenly juts to the right or left, your finger is already in motion.
4. Don't pay any attention to the animation. Don't notice how close/far you are from beating it. Just get in the zone and plow through it. Make yourself think that you'll be doing this for the next hour or so.

Good luck.
Old 05-05-04, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was probably the hardest challenge in the game. I failed 5 times then shut it off for the day. Woke up the next morning and got it on my first try. I think Ben's step 3 was the key for me. Keep the stick moving back and forth and you should be ok.
Old 05-05-04, 08:49 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I actually sat down on the floor with my knees up high enough so that they blocked the bottom two thirds and all I could see the bar, plus I muted the TV.

Took me about a half hour after that...

Just wait until you get to the Brontosaurus, Triceratops, Pteradactyl part... that was hard...