NYPD Blue - 05/04/04

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-04, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
NYPD Blue - 05/04/04

"What's Your Poison"

Spoiler:
A suspect in Sipowicz's murder investigation turns up dead; Michael Woodruff testifies against his father; Jennifer Devlin escapes from a psychiatric ward.
Adult Situations.

Cast: Dennis Franz, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Gordon Clapp, Henry Simmons, Bill Brochtrup, Garcelle Beauvais, Charlotte Ross, Jacqueline Obradors, John O'Donohue, Austin Majors, Jessalyn Gilsig, Chandra West, Ron Dean, Andre Jamal Kinney, Cyrus Farmer, Francis X. McCarthy, Michael B. Silver, D.C Douglas, Sam Bottoms, Mark Holton.
Director(s): Jesse Bochco .
Producer(s): Steven Bochco, Mark Tinker, Bill Clark.
Writer(s): Bill Clark, Nicholas Wootton.

Original Airdate: May 4, 2004.
Old 05-05-04, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I don't think Junior needs to deal w/ another suicide, but it looks like that is where they are taking this. Maybe it will bring him back to Rita - which can be a good thing.

Damn, I was hoping we were done w/ Michael's storyline. They just couldn't leave it alone.
Old 05-05-04, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I wonder if Sipowicz will do anything about his former partner. The final scene in the cathedral left more questions than an answer. "Go with God, Sipowicz." What will Andy do?

So sorry to see another potential tragedy happen to John.

Pretty good episode.
Old 05-05-04, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
That was definitely a surprising twist. The former partner killing the perp was unexpected.

I guess they've given Sipowicz enough tragedy over a decade so they need to start dumping heavily on Junior now.

Only a couple episodes left in the season - if I don't see some partial nudity from one or both of the lovely female detectives from the 15, I'll be quite disappointed.
Old 05-05-04, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Good twist ending instead of wrapping it up nice and neat.
As far as "Dr. Jen," I never really cared about her character enough to care about her going nuts now.
Old 05-05-04, 09:26 AM

The writers wouldn't have Clark go through another suicide, would they? But, it looks like they might being going there again. I don't like Michael's storyline much, and it looks like it isn't going away soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Sipowicz does something about his old partner because he took the case so personally.
Old 05-05-04, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by uteotw

As far as "Dr. Jen," I never really cared about her character enough to care about her going nuts now.

Same here, I mean she's cute and all, but I don't care about the character at all.

I'm actually trying to remember if Clark was really all THAT involved with her that he should be going through so much crap right now? At what point does he walk away figuring "I really don't need this"?
Old 05-05-04, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by Phil L.

I'm actually trying to remember if Clark was really all THAT involved with her that he should be going through so much crap right now? At what point does he walk away figuring "I really don't need this"?

I'm sure he would if she had other friends or family. I don't see him walking away, simply because she will probably off herself before that would happen.
Old 05-05-04, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
Only a couple episodes left in the season - if I don't see some partial nudity from one or both of the lovely female detectives from the 15, I'll be quite disappointed.
I doubt we will see much of anything again thanks to Janets "wardrobe malfunction".
Old 05-05-04, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by BDLOU
I doubt we will see much of anything again thanks to Janets "wardrobe malfunction".
We already got gypped out of seeing Medavoy's goods.