The Practice 5/2/04

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Practice 5/2/04

Old 05-02-04, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Practice 5/2/04

And so the show is winding down.

The Jimmy subplot barely registered anything of interest. Total yawner.

Eleanor finally gets in a punch (literally) by the end of the episode as she lets Hannah have it for Hannah's attempt at sandbagging Eleanor with tons of paperwork in the discovery process for a liability case.

Eleanor spooked the hell out of Denny Crane, and he like it.

Sally keeps the pressure on Alan, but somehow Alan finds the will to keep her at bay. Tara finally gets Alan to 'fess up about his feelings towards her.

At Eugene's hearing for the judge's spot, the committee of judges grill Eugene mightily, and Eugene's character comes into question. Then Bobby shows up to set the record straight (he also gets in a few other barbs on the character of public figures). Eugene gets the position while he pays a visit to Bobby. It's one of the few times I can remember seeing Eugene smile and laugh really heartily.
Old 05-02-04, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
watching it on tape since I was watching that masterpiece 10.5

Tara to Kirk: "aye aye"
[lol]
Old 05-02-04, 10:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
"That woman scares me"

I liked the shot of Hannah being taken out of the office by the paramedics in the background as Tara walked past.

They should have just written the outgoing cast out sooner because they've had boring storylines since Alan left.

Bobby's speech
Old 05-02-04, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
whoa. that rack is distracting
Old 05-03-04, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• MrX •

"That woman scares me"

I liked the shot of Hannah being taken out of the office by the paramedics in the background as Tara walked past.

They should have just written the outgoing cast out sooner because they've had boring storylines since Alan left.

Bobby's speech
Agreed on all counts, especially that speech, which is only bested by Eleanor's from a few weeks back in terms of eye-rolling.

I also agree about that rack. It doesn't stop jiggling.

das
Old 05-03-04, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
"That woman scares me"

Bobby's speech

Agreed on all counts.
Old 05-03-04, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder how the old cast feels, being made to expediate their own exit every week as this becomes the "James Spader show".

I like the storyline about Eugene becoming a judge (it reminds me of LA LAw when Susan Dey's character became a judge) but I could really care less about the old cast. Seeing Bobby come back was pretty anti-climactic. What's with the beard?
Old 05-03-04, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They're finally addressing the Alan/Tara relationship and the show is about to end. How do you like that?

Hannah vs Eleanor It was a nice touch that she flipped the coin.
Old 05-03-04, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think Bobby was coming back from being on Survivor 9.
Old 05-03-04, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by tofu
They're finally addressing the Alan/Tara relationship and the show is about to end. How do you like that?
The Practice is ending, but an Alan Shore spinoff is scheduled for this fall. And Rhona Mitra is among the cast members, so this isn't the last we've seen of those two.

Although honestly, I kinda hope they never do hook up. The foreplay is too much fun.