TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ALias 5/2

Old 05-02-04, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALias 5/2

wow. normally i don't think about the far fetchedness of this show but for some reason, tonight was just way over the top. the only good part to me was when jack gave vaughn the key to take care of lauren. that just confirms my love of jack's character. plus we have to wait three weeks for the season finale.
Old 05-02-04, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Legacy

An okay episode:

Vaughn's single-minded-ness in getting even with Lauren affects the interrogation with the tooth doctor.

Sloan has to make a deal with the blondies that he breaks just to get the green liquid for Nadia.

Jack has to broker a deal with Toni to get into Sloan's place in Kyoto by overcoming the security system. Toni tries to hire Marshall. Marshall was dumb enough to show her photos of his newborn.

Sydney rescues Nadia, though Nadia does return the favor since Vaughn left Sydney to go chasing after Lauren.

Vaughn's checking out Jack's stash to get geared up to go after Lauren.

Jack and Katya hook up.

Last edited by Patman; 05-02-04 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-02-04, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The bazooka scene reminded me of something from the Naked Gun movies.
Old 05-02-04, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah, that was the part where i actually laughed out loud.
Old 05-02-04, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by kevin75
yeah, that was the part where i actually laughed out loud.
But... man... when Vaughn poured that stuff over the doctor, THAT was funny. "AHH!!!"
Old 05-02-04, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Enjoyed the scene where Toni tried to recruit Marshal.

Jack was great w/ Vaughn and the key, but he really shined when he hooked up w/ his former sister-in-law.
Old 05-02-04, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow. I didn't realize that was Vivica A. Fox.
Old 05-02-04, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Toni made an appearance earlier this season.
Old 05-02-04, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
Damn T-Storm and weather updates took out about 10 minutes of the show.

Good to see Vaughn becoming Jack. I'm going to miss Lauren if and when she buys it.
Old 05-02-04, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Timber
I'm going to miss Lauren if and when she buys it.
In the name of god, WHY???

The minute they get and her f'd mouth of this show, I will be happy as all get out.
Old 05-02-04, 10:10 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Pretty lame episode.

This show can be over the top but the bazooka scene was just bad.

The only good thing about the episode was the Toni/Marshal scene.
Old 05-02-04, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Toni tries to hire Marshall. Marshall was dumb enough to show her photos of his newborn.
That's what make Marshall such a likeable character. He's so sincere and straight-forward.
Old 05-02-04, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
:

Marshall & Vivica.
Nadia
Mack daddy Jack hookin' up at the end.

:

Three weeks until the season finale?!? And they wonder why the ratings are low...[Besides stiff Sunday nite competition...]
Vaughn. Ooo. He's grown a set.

Umm...what happened to Vivica at the end?
Old 05-02-04, 11:44 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally posted by Rogue588 Umm...what happened to Vivica at the end?
I was wondering the same thing

She got her release from prison by assisitng them so I think we're just supposed to assume she was free to go.
Old 05-02-04, 11:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's about time they brought back The Dentist. One in five, bitch!

Vivica Fox looked relatively like ass (compared to how she normally looks, which is stunning), but she's been in prison, so I guess it works.

I loved Vaughn chasing after Lauren. So predictable. Didn't he ever watch Top Gun? You never, ever leave your wingman. Especially when she's Sydney Bristow, and you're trying to get into her pants. Crash and burn, huh, Mav?

And speaking of Vaughn, nice job looking into the rifle scope in Jack's Gun Emporium with the cover still on the scope. His gun-related skills were all over the charts in this episode. First he comes out of the water in Cuba and kills two guys at long range with a pistol, each with one shot. But when he's in the same damn room with Sark AND Lauren, he can't hit either of them with an automatic weapon! The Amazing Unhittable Sark lives to fight another day.
Old 05-03-04, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Too bad about the long delay between episodes. Next week is figure skating, and then Alias's time slot is occupied by Regis and his super millionaire show. But in 3 weeks it'll be back for the finale, yay.

I thought the bazooka bit was corny too. My guess is it was either Melissa George saying "it would be cool if I did this," or some suit saying "we need more explosions!"
Old 05-03-04, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Static Cling
And speaking of Vaughn, nice job looking into the rifle scope in Jack's Gun Emporium with the cover still on the scope. His gun-related skills were all over the charts in this episode. First he comes out of the water in Cuba and kills two guys at long range with a pistol, each with one shot. But when he's in the same damn room with Sark AND Lauren, he can't hit either of them with an automatic weapon! The Amazing Unhittable Sark lives to fight another day.
Thank god, I wasn't the only one to notice this. Is it that hard to ask for a little more consistency?
Old 05-03-04, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts
The episode was rather uneven but the good parts (Toni & Marshall, Jack getting his groove on, the return of the doctor) outweighed the bad (Lauren & the bazooka).

Granted, I want Vaughn to blow Lauren away as much as the next person but I'm not buying the complete personality change. Actually I'm wonderign why Dixon let him back in the office - hey your wife3 betrayed the country and tortured you, maybe you should take a couple days and talk to a shrink. AFter the first meeting it should have been clear that he wasn't fit for duty just yet.
Old 05-03-04, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Dixon has been this plot convenience device of late. When you need him to look the other way, he does.
Old 05-03-04, 07:59 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 574 Likes on 333 Posts
The bazooka scene will live in Alias infamy. That was laugh out loud (unintentionally) funny.

Sydney should refuse to work with Vaugh until he's cleared by psych to return to work, but of course she won't do that, and Vaughn will once again put her in jeapordy to get Lauren, and I'm sure that will somehow lead to the season ending cliffhanger.
Old 05-03-04, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It was funny when either Sydney or Lauren was croutched down near the tan piece of furniture 'shooting' her gun. It was still making the bang-bang sounds but it was obviously out of amo!!! Gotta love hollywood.
Old 05-03-04, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ugh. I'm actually starting to dislike this show a little bit. It is all over the map and has a very distinct 'making it up as we go along' quality this season.

Not the worst show on the air... but if this were the first season, I wouldn't have continued watching the show. Here's hoping that they rebound with Season 4.
Old 05-03-04, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

As long as we're discussing plausibility, wouldn't Vaughn be interrogated as a possible Covenant spy? His GF (Syd) mysteriously disappears, then a year later he gets married to a member of the Covenant? And no one things gee, that's odd. We know Vaughn is dumb, but the CIA shouldn't assume that he is.
Old 05-03-04, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• bboisvert •

Ugh. I'm actually starting to dislike this show a little bit. It is all over the map and has a very distinct 'making it up as we go along' quality this season.

Not the worst show on the air... but if this were the first season, I wouldn't have continued watching the show. Here's hoping that they rebound with Season 4.
I agree. I did like that they're giving Vaughn a bit of a dark side, though. After 3 seasons, maybe he can stop being so damn boring.

das
Old 05-03-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree that this episode was all over the place. I had heard that Vaughn was not acting well in this episode and the rumors were so true. I guess he just can't handle the angry husband thing.

Jack's storage locker.

Looking forward to the last episode but I just can't believe that they're going to make us wait 3 weeks.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.