Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Cape Fear Remake and Mothman S.E. questions

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-04, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I might get Cape Fear Remake 2 disc CE or Mothman Prophecies S.E. I was wondering how these dvds were and if Mothman is worth upgrading, I do like the movie. Also, what is the cheapest you can get these and is CF still a two disc dvd?
Old 05-02-04, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Cape Fear 2 disc edition and it's awesome! The transfer is pristine (rich vibrant colors, great detail) and there is an available 5.1 DTS track (which sounds great!). The extras are well done too, although there is no commentary by Scorcese (which would of been icing on the cake), the "Making Of" documentary is interesting. Disc comes with a THX optimizer as well incase you dont' have Avia or DVE. The movie itself is fantastic and Robert DeNiro steals the show. You can find the DVD as low as $15 if shop say any B&M or Amazon.
Old 05-02-04, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Cape Fear Remake and Mothman S.E. questions

Originally posted by Willh51
I might get Cape Fear Remake 2 disc CE or Mothman Prophecies S.E. I was wondering how these dvds were and if Mothman is worth upgrading, I do like the movie. Also, what is the cheapest you can get these and is CF still a two disc dvd?
We reviewed both discs in great detail, if you're interested - http://filmfreakcentral.net/dvdrevie...prophecies.htm

http://filmfreakcentral.net/dvdrevie...finnocence.htm

CAPE FEAR definitely seems like a no-brainer to me--good movie, good set; the making-of documentary is almost as long as the feature itself. MOTHMAN might be worth the upgrade if you're a huge fan of the film or the phenomenon that spawned it.

Bill C
Old 05-03-04, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I will be getting Cape Fear for sure, but I can't find Mothman S.E. They didn't have any at BB or CC when I looked today and it was $26 at FYE, too much. Is there a cheaper price than that and does anyone know if its up for a price drop soon?
Old 05-03-04, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally posted by Willh51
I will be getting Cape Fear for sure, but I can't find Mothman S.E. They didn't have any at BB or CC when I looked today and it was $26 at FYE, too much. Is there a cheaper price than that and does anyone know if its up for a price drop soon?
http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cg...1877&meta_id=3

could try half.com and hope someone puts something up there at the price you are looking for. I think shipping is usually 2.49 and most of the time upgradable.