Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

So what Friday the 13th movies are uncut and from where?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 04-29-04, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What countries have uncut Friday the 13th movies 1-8 been released in? Which movies, just the first one? Are any of them NTSC?
Old 04-29-04, 02:33 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Part One: Hong Kong region 3 - but there's no commentary included.
British Region 2 (PAL) commentary present

I would love to see an uncut version of Part 2 since the stills I have seen notably the machete in the face and the shish-kabob lovers scenes are ultra-gorey.

This raises a question that I haven't found a concrete answer to: it appears that Paramount International decided that after the mandated cuts to Parts 2 - 8 they made them the standard export cut of the films - why? Are far as I am concerned the MPAA is only applicable to the US theatrical run of the film, it should have no barring on the international markets where varying film/censorship boards have different attitudes and acceptance of film violence. Are far as I know the removed scenes from Part 2 are now lost forever.
Old 04-29-04, 04:37 PM

Giles,

I agree. Part 2 is the one I most wanted to see uncut.

I also agree. Not only does the MPAA control the US cuts, but in a way they controlled overseas cuts too which is a joke.

What Friday the 13th movies are uncut?

Friday the 13th in regions 2, 3, and 4.

Jason goes to Hell in region 1 and others.

That is all.

Overseas cuts of the rest would have been possible at the time of release, but listen to Giles. MPAA cuts and Paramount from the US somehow affected everywhere else as well.

If Warners owned the sequels overseas, they would have probably been uncut like Part 1 was.

Unfortunately, Paramount owns sequels overseas too. Thats why they never were.

Last edited by ClownFace666; 04-29-04 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-30-04, 08:56 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
Here's an article you might want to read. It says that the deluxe collector's edition of the series coming from Paramount in October for region 1 won't have the uncut versions of any of the films. Instead, it will have a bonus disc with deleted scenes.......... which is really lame!

http://www.creature-corner.com/dvd/a...aythe13th.php3
Old 04-30-04, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
Originally posted by Surfinhank
Here's an article you might want to read. It says that the deluxe collector's edition of the series coming from Paramount in October for region 1 won't have the uncut versions of any of the films. Instead, it will have a bonus disc with deleted scenes.......... which is really lame!

http://www.creature-corner.com/dvd/a...aythe13th.php3
yea it was talked about in the other forum. Might have to pick up the HK or region 2 release of F13 soon. Been waiting too long on it.
Old 05-14-04, 09:05 AM
Banned

Yeah after all the hype that box set now sounds very lame indeed. damn Paramount...Hell of a shame they ever had these films (as well as "My Bloody Valentine", a film that would be truly wonderful uncut).
Old 05-14-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Koreandvds.com has the first one for 9 bucks.