Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Bachelor, 4/28

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-04, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
The Bachelor, 4/28

Down to the final-6. Which 4 will make this cut and get the opportunity to get Jesse to visit their hometown and families?

Jessica B.

Karen

Mandy J.

Suzie

Tara

.....and everyone's favorite slut, Trish

And in related news, it seems as if The Bachelor is on the verge of being cut by the Giants.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1791117
Old 04-28-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk God

I think Jessica B., Mandy, and Tara definitely move on. That 4th one is tough to call though. I have a feeling Trish will sneak through and make the Final Four.

Jessica is definitely my favorite.

Last edited by Red Dog; 04-28-04 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-28-04, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I like Jessica B., Tara and Trish. Suzie's smile kind of creeps me out - it's too fake, but other than the she is gorgeous. I don't care whether or not Suzie or Mandy go. I can't believe Karen has stuck around so long - she looks possessed.
Old 04-28-04, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My prediction is that Jessica B., Mandy J., Suzie and Tara will make the cut. I hope Trish gets kicked to the curb like the trash that she is. Karen is hot, but I just don't see a connection between her and Jesse. I think Tara is my favorite at this point.
Old 04-28-04, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
There's only one real choice, and that's Tara.
Old 04-28-04, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Assuming I watched this show, I would be dying to see how/when/if Trish gets cut and who out of 6 turns into a complete psycho.

And the ESPN Sports Guy on the Knicks trade for Stephon Marbury:

Knicks fans embraced the trade. It was like the current Bachelor becoming enamored with Trish, the trashy, conniving, homewrecking model who looks stunning in a cocktail dress. You can have a million warning signs, you can even have a friend planted in the house telling you this girl is sleaze ... and you still cant help picking her for the Final Six. Just to see what happens.
Old 04-28-04, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it'll come down to Mandy and Tara, but Suzie's got the mams, and Trish is the bedroom veteran (Pro Bowl selection, baybeee!!!).
Old 04-28-04, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Holy carp! Trish made it to the final four! Jesse booted Karen and Suzie to the curb.
Old 04-28-04, 10:04 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Trish's shirt was appropriate...

"I'm a Golddigger... Like a Hooker... but Smarter"
Old 04-28-04, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kind of a surprise. I thought Suzie would be sticking around. But she was cut and Trish stayed.

I like Tara the best, but she doesn't seem like the type of girl who fall for a guy very quickly. I wonder if Jesse will get bored with her and move to other girls. My second choice is Jessica, followed by Mandy. I don't want Trish to be the final girl.
Old 04-29-04, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Finally - Karen is gone!
Old 04-29-04, 01:39 AM

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Rats, I taped this (yeah, I know, I'm weird), I haven't watched the whole tape but had to watch the end (hoping to have the happy news that Trish was "kicked to the curb like the trash that she is" love that line ), and darn it, it cut out RIGHT at an interesting-sounding bit as the girls were saying good-bye: Karen had just said goodbye to Jesse and said the "You have three great girls and one who's not here for the right reasons", and DUHHHH, Jesse had just commented to camera that "DOH! maybe I made a big mistake about Trish!" (as an aside: proof that some stereotypes about athletes are TRUE ), then they cut back to the last four girls, and Tara started to say something to Trish that started: Trish, don't blame anything else on Jenny... then the TAPE CUT OUT!! AUUGGHHHH! Did I miss anything? What was Tara saying? Did Trish react??

Last edited by shoppingbear; 04-29-04 at 01:42 AM.
Old 04-29-04, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by shoppingbear
Rats, I taped this (yeah, I know, I'm weird), I haven't watched the whole tape but had to watch the end (hoping to have the happy news that Trish was "kicked to the curb like the trash that she is" love that line ), and darn it, it cut out RIGHT at an interesting-sounding bit as the girls were saying good-bye: Karen had just said goodbye to Jesse and said the "You have three great girls and one who's not here for the right reasons", and DUHHHH, Jesse had just commented to camera that "DOH! maybe I made a big mistake about Trish!" (as an aside: proof that some stereotypes about athletes are TRUE ), then they cut back to the last four girls, and Tara started to say something to Trish that started: Trish, don't blame anything else on Jenny... then the TAPE CUT OUT!! AUUGGHHHH! Did I miss anything? What was Tara saying? Did Trish react??
You missed out! She totally ripped into Trish (I LOVE Tara for that!). She says to her, "You don't deserve to even be here and you know it.". Trish, I think, was in such shock she didn't respond right there. But off camera, she said that while Tara was beautiful on the outside, she was actually insecure and ugly on the inside.

I couldn't believe that Trish was blaming "this mess" on all the other women. She's insane. And Jesse's a moron.
Old 04-29-04, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think Trish looks like your typical home wrecker. It's no wonder she's had soooo many lovers. I think most guys just want to bang her but not get involved with her since she's really annoying once you get to know her..

Anybody else notice at the beginning when Jenna came over to the house they should a close up of Tara without her make up on..Ewww! she looked pretty scary..Nice bod though

I also liked the Keg segment Suzie drinking from the tap upside down and in her bikini

She looked pretty dissappointed she didn't make the final four
Old 04-29-04, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Red Dog
I think Jessica B., Mandy, and Tara definitely move on. That 4th one is tough to call though. I have a feeling Trish will sneak through and make the Final Four.

Jessica is definitely my favorite.

4 for 4

Jessica continues to be my favorite. I don't see Tara opening up enough for Jesse to pick her. Her strong words to Trish at the end were definitely surprising.

Keg Stands.
Old 04-29-04, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I am starting to hope that he picks Trish...just cuz he's obviously an idiot.
Old 04-29-04, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm not feeling it for Tara, she's just too idealistic. The whole "coy" routine ain't working for me.

Mandy's a little rough looking in the wrong light.

Jessica seems a little judgmental/cold at times.

Trish is an open book. But she's got that strange open-eyed look that's getting on my nerves.

So, who's the stalker going to be?
Old 04-29-04, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm rooting for him to pick Trish. First of all, he's not really going to marry any of these girls, so who cares? Secondly, I think it would be funny for that gold-digger to be stuck married to an unemployed mediocre quarterback.
Old 04-29-04, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Store it away, He'll end up with Tara simply because guys -- given the choice between 3 things he could easily have and one that's more of a challenge (Tara) -- go for the challenge.

Thank God Karen was gone though. Ugly ugly.

Still don't know who the stalker is. I've a feeling it's Trish after she gets booted next week.

Either way, Jesse is a complete idiot.

I <3 Tara. If Jesse doesn't want her, I'll take her.
Old 04-29-04, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

^^^

The above post is assuming that I watched this show, which I would never do.
Old 04-29-04, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by El Scorcho
Thank God Karen was gone though. Ugly ugly.
Finally, someone agrees w/ me!!! Someone said she was gorgeous and I was about to ask what kind of meds they were on.
Old 04-29-04, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by El Scorcho

Still don't know who the stalker is. I've a feeling it's Trish after she gets booted next week.

Either way, Jesse is a complete idiot.

I <3 Tara. If Jesse doesn't want her, I'll take her.
I agree with you. Of the final 4, Tara is the most appealing. Her shyness routine works! One thing I didn't like about her is her saying to Trish that she doesn't deserve to be there. Maybe Trish doesn't deserve to be there, but doesn't anyone think that's a little mean to say to someone? Both Karen and Suzie made fun of Trish (behind her back) in this episode, and then both were booted. I wonder if one of the producers' messages in this installment of The Bachelor is to say that 'cockiness is not a desired trait.' Both Karen and Suzie said Trish shouldn't be there, and both were the ones who got the boot. Now Tara is doing the same after the rose ceremony. I wonder if this means Tara will be the next to leave.
Old 04-29-04, 02:07 PM

Originally posted by hahn
You missed out! She totally ripped into Trish (I LOVE Tara for that!). She says to her, "You don't deserve to even be here and you know it.". Trish, I think, was in such shock she didn't respond right there. But off camera, she said that while Tara was beautiful on the outside, she was actually insecure and ugly on the inside.

I couldn't believe that Trish was blaming "this mess" on all the other women. She's insane. And Jesse's a moron.
RATS, I thought that might be it... before one of the commercial breaks, they'd said something dumb like "in one of the MOST dramatic rose ceremonies ever , but they'd had a voiceover saying something like "You know you don't even deserve to be here", and I THOUGHT that might be it! Go Tara, Go Tara!

Yeah, if I didn't dislike Trish before, this show would've done it: Trish was making it out like people were lying about her, or doing something wrong, and it wasn't even the other girls, it was just Jesse's best friend, at HIS instruction, telling him a little about the other girls. I LOVED Karen's little aside to the camera when Trish asked Jesse for some one-on-one time, completely straight-faced saying something like "Yeah, she probably really needed that one on one time, so she could say, "You know how you heard I sleep with married men? Yeah, lemme explain that, it's complicated"

As an aside, speaking of those pre-commercial bits, WHY do they waste a minute before every commercial break with the "Coming up next..." teaser??? Ummm, we're already WATCHING, thanks...
Old 04-29-04, 02:17 PM

Originally posted by mookiemeister
I agree with you. Of the final 4, Tara is the most appealing. Her shyness routine works! One thing I didn't like about her is her saying to Trish that she doesn't deserve to be there. Maybe Trish doesn't deserve to be there, but doesn't anyone think that's a little mean to say to someone? Both Karen and Suzie made fun of Trish (behind her back) in this episode, and then both were booted. I wonder if one of the producers' messages in this installment of The Bachelor is to say that 'cockiness is not a desired trait.' Both Karen and Suzie said Trish shouldn't be there, and both were the ones who got the boot. Now Tara is doing the same after the rose ceremony. I wonder if this means Tara will be the next to leave.
OK, sorry, but that's hard to believe; if anything, I think the producers are looking for conflict. I'm starting to be suspicious that they're pressuring him to keep picking Trish because it makes for good television (same feeling I got about the last witch, whatsername that Andrew Firestone didn't pick).

Why do I think that's the case? Two things: Chris said to the girls, when he and Jesse came out, "thanks for your patience", which he usually doesn't say... makes me think that he and Jesse, or the producers and Jesse, took a looooonnng time talking about Jesse's choices. Also, Jesse was rather immediately regretting the Trish choice, when Karen said something to him. Makes you wonder...

Anyone besides me looking forward to Trish's visit home?? I hope (oh please oh please oh please ) that it includes a visit with some of her "friends" (because of her comment about not having any female friends, just guy friends), and that some of them accidentally confirm what kind of person she is. Can't imagine what her family must be thinking, and I wonder if she's told them (before Jesse's visit), oh oops, he might ask you about me being a HO, by the way...
Old 05-03-04, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by B.A.
Finally, someone agrees w/ me!!! Someone said she was gorgeous and I was about to ask what kind of meds they were on.
I want to know what sort of meds you are on to think she is ugly. To me she is just stunning, plain and simple. Girls with dark hair and blue eyes are my favorite type, so that probably has something to do with it. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion and preference, too bad yours is wrong JK

I definitely would have kicked Trish to the curb. She is really great looking, but her personality is horrible. She reminds me of the nurse in Shallow Hal - not look-wise, but situational-wise. I do think Tara's comment to Trish was a little out of line, especially at the rose ceremony. She could have waited to say it elsewhere, or before the ceremony. However, I was glad that Karen said something to Jesse. Maybe that will help him get his ducks in a row. I know I'm Jonny Come Lately here with the post, but I am a little behind on my shows.