Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Blinx is BACK (XBOX)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-04, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blinx is BACK (XBOX)

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/509/509675p1.html

April 27, 2004 - Set to be unveiled in the pages of Japan's Famitsu Xbox magazine is the tentatively titled Blinx 2, the sequel to last year's platformer that made the smallest of dents in the Xbox gaming world.

Developer Artoon is once again developing the title, with Microsoft serving as publisher. Details on release date and pricing have yet to be revealed, but Xbox Live support will be included in some form.

Artoon is planning a host of new features for the title. The time control abilities of the original are back and apparently improved. An all new "Tom Tom Gang" mode of play puts you in control of the Tom Tom Gang of villains from the original, taking on multiple missions. Also included is a character edit mode that allows you to edit Blinx and Tom Tom Gang members to your liking, with over twenty five costumes.

We expect to see this game at E3, so stay tuned for more information shortly.
I'm thrilled. The first game left had a lot of potential but wasn't too great. I hope they make the sequel what the first should have been!

After all, we all know the first Crash Bandicoot wasn't too great, and look what they did to that series!

Jeremy
Old 04-28-04, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
I'm really suprised that they would bother with this title. Can't imagine there's much of a demand for a sequel to that game, and PoP implemented the time-shifting thing much better than Blinx ever did. Still, right now in Las Vegas they're shooting Miss Congeniality 2, so I guess that proves in time everything will get a sequel regardless of merit or demand.
Old 04-28-04, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Decker
I'm really suprised that they would bother with this title. Can't imagine there's much of a demand for a sequel to that game, and PoP implemented the time-shifting thing much better than Blinx ever did. Still, right now in Las Vegas they're shooting Miss Congeniality 2, so I guess that proves in time everything will get a sequel regardless of merit or demand.
Miss Congeniality was a surprise hit for Warner Bros. It did well at the box office and was cheap to produce. That's why they're making a sequel.
Old 04-28-04, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by illennium
Miss Congeniality was a surprise hit for Warner Bros. It did well at the box office and was cheap to produce. That's why they're making a sequel.
Yup look it up - it made over $100 million domestically.

Jeremy
Old 04-28-04, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

back on topic... i think the idea of blinx wasn't too half-baked. so, a sequel that refines it and makes it better isn't a bad goal.

and if you already have characters developed, there is less investment in creating new ones.

finally, just by announcing a sequel, there will be people who will buy the first just to be completionist... er, like me probably
Old 04-28-04, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
whatever - i liked the first game. all you negative nancys.
Old 04-28-04, 03:17 PM
Retired

Originally posted by young
back on topic... i think the idea of blinx wasn't too half-baked. so, a sequel that refines it and makes it better isn't a bad goal.
I think the guy's point was that even if they make it better, many people (especially more casual gamers) who played and hated the first (or simply avoided it due to the negative reviews) will be unlikely to even give it a chance.
Old 04-28-04, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I refuse to live in a world where Blinx gets a sequel and games like Klonoa dont...this has saddened my day.
Old 04-28-04, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by zero
I refuse to live in a world where Blinx gets a sequel and games like Klonoa dont...this has saddened my day.
Klonoa DID get a sequel, a volleyball game, and 3 GBA games (in Japan).
Old 04-28-04, 04:37 PM

Remember the MS troll that was on here hyping the heck out of Blinx before it came out?

I hope they can produce a good game this time, the first was far from good. Far from bad, but also far from the supposed "Mario Killer"
Old 04-29-04, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Klonoa DID get a sequel, a volleyball game, and 3 GBA games (in Japan).
*ahem!* I meant in the U.S there buddy. I am aware of Klonoa's success overseas, sadly I cant afford to import much of anything anymore...damn rent.
Old 04-29-04, 02:05 AM

Originally posted by zero
*ahem!* I meant in the U.S there buddy. I am aware of Klonoa's success overseas, sadly I cant afford to import much of anything anymore...damn rent.
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (PS2) and Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (GBA) both came out in the U.S.... Both are great games, and two sequels (or rather one sequel and one handheld re-interpretation) for a lesser-known game isn't bad at all. I'm honestly not sure what your point was.
Old 04-29-04, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by illennium
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (PS2) and Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (GBA) both came out in the U.S.... Both are great games, and two sequels (or rather one sequel and one handheld re-interpretation) for a lesser-known game isn't bad at all. I'm honestly not sure what your point was.
The volleyball game and the other 2 GBA games werent released here otherwise I own the games you just mentioned. My point being is I'd like to see more instead of a crappy platformer like Blinx getting a sequel. Next time I'll be sure to place a blue print explaining my thought paterns so youll better understand them .