TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Enterprise 04/28/04

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-04, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enterprise 04/28/04

Episode Title: 'The Forgotten'

Two high-ranking Xindi offer to stop the launch of their superweapon if Archer can prove they've been manipulated. Meanwhile, the crew mourns their lost mates.
Written By: Chris Black & David A. Goodman
Directed By: LeVar Burton

Be on the lookout for Seth MacFarlane* (creator of Family Guy) doing a cameo in this episode.

*I won't recognize him either.
Old 04-28-04, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, that felt far too much like a filler episode.

It'll be kinda anti-climatic if the whole Xindi arc is solved by an empassioned plea by Archer in front of the council.
Old 04-28-04, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
the fact that Archer might be able to make peace, and even an alliance is good. he can then mediate the andorian/vulcan thing and they can get back on the birth of the federation thing that they were supposed to be doing with this series
Old 04-28-04, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mikehunt
and they can get back on the birth of the federation thing that they were supposed to be doing with this series
Back?
Old 04-28-04, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Chew
Well, that felt far too much like a filler episode.

It'll be kinda anti-climatic if the whole Xindi arc is solved by an empassioned plea by Archer in front of the council.
Spoiler:
In one way it will, but in another, it won't
Old 04-29-04, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Was it filler? Probably but it was better than last week's episode which I couldn't even bring myself to comment on. I'm not a fan of Trip and T'Pol together but their final scene was touching. It's nice that the writers dealt with the fact that with so many people dead, it was likely that the main characters would lose someone they knew.

Question about next week's episode:
Spoiler:
is it me or didn't DS9 have an episode with the decendant storyline? I know the Enterprise writers aren't aiming for originality but come on!
Old 04-29-04, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by lisadoris
Question about next week's episode:
Spoiler:
is it me or didn't DS9 have an episode with the decendant storyline? I know the Enterprise writers aren't aiming for originality but come on!
Nope, it's not just you.
Old 04-29-04, 10:22 AM

It might have been filler, but Trip's letter to the family back home almost had me in tears. I recently lost a friend to cancer, and due to circumstances beyond anyone's control few of her friends - including me - were able to go to the memorial. We're staging one ourselves, with my friend's mother attending. What Trip said was along the lines of what I'd like to say.

So far that monologue was the show's best writing of the year.
Old 04-29-04, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I actually enjoyed this episode.

And as far as a "filler" episode goes...after seeing the upcoming scenes for next week, that's exactly what it looks to be.
Old 04-29-04, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, I didn't recognize Seth MacFarlane at all. Was he the one Trip yelled at for the fire or the one who was burned because of it? I don't think there were many other "engineers" (which is what his credit in the guide was listed as).
Old 04-29-04, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
next week is worse than filler, it looks to be totally ignoring the current plot line
Hopefully I'm wrong
Old 04-29-04, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

next week is worse than filler, it looks to be totally ignoring the current plot line
Hopefully I'm wrong
My thoughts exactly!
Old 04-29-04, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Chew
Ok, I didn't recognize Seth MacFarlane at all. Was he the one Trip yelled at for the fire or the one who was burned because of it? I don't think there were many other "engineers" (which is what his credit in the guide was listed as).
It was the one he was yelling at when Phlox came to talk to him.
Old 04-29-04, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hopefully I'm wrong
Yeah, I really liked the DS9 version and have hopes that this one will bring something different to the plot. Mike Sussman is writing it and he's one of the better writers on the show.

But I think the episode will deal with the arc somewhat, but not entirely.
Old 04-29-04, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The "ghost" girl looked a helluva lot like an adult Kimmy Gibler from Full House.
Old 04-29-04, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally posted by CaptainMarvel
The "ghost" girl looked a helluva lot like an adult Kimmy Gibler from Full House.
Tucker: Gibler? I...I thought you were dead!

Kimmy: Hey, Mr. T! I just entered your dream to see if Deej could come over to my house for dinner tonight. My dad's cookin' liver-n-onions on the grill. My favorite!

[Insert laugh track here.]
Old 04-29-04, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by MvRojo
It was the one he was yelling at when Phlox came to talk to him.
"I ran a pressure test" and "Aye, Sir" were the extent of his lines. I wonder how long that took to memorize?
Old 04-29-04, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,031 Posts
What's this about a chemical dependency? The digital bits posted a little editorial on Enterprise basically praising the heck out of it. I haven't watched in months, which for a long time Trekkie like me is near blasphemy. I just got bored with it.

Has the show actually improved?
Old 04-29-04, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by milo bloom
What's this about a chemical dependency? The digital bits posted a little editorial on Enterprise basically praising the heck out of it. I haven't watched in months, which for a long time Trekkie like me is near blasphemy. I just got bored with it.

Has the show actually improved?
the vulcan is on drugs.

the show is nothing special
Old 04-29-04, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, go check out www.thedigitalbits.com

Old 04-30-04, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bboisvert
Wow, go check out www.thedigitalbits.com

I want to start watching the show he's talking about, what channel is it on?

Old 04-30-04, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know. I'm usually all for what The Bits talks about and I am still watching Enterprise but are we all watching the same show? Granted, this season is a hell of a lot better than the first season but the show still isn't treading any new territory (as next week's episode will probably show). DS9 had multi-season arcs and questionable ethics decisions by the command staff (where's the love for that show?)

I did agree with one part: this was one of the better episodes Enterprise has done.
Old 04-30-04, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well if you want to nit pick, I think Voyager also had a 'show the future' crew scene showing what the crew looked like if they never found a short cut. How about this; wait until the next episode airs before complaining about it.

I never understood why people that always says 'Enterprise sucks' keep watching it. If you don't like it, stop. I saw a few episodes of Earth Final Conflict and decided I didn't like it so I stopped watching it. I didn't keep watching it just so i could tell others that it wasn't good. Don't watch it just to complain about it.
Old 04-30-04, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wasn't complaining about next week's episode, I was just asking if, based on the preview, it seemed similar to an old DS9 episode. Didn't say whether the episode would be good or bad just not very original based on the information provided.

I know i can't speak for other people in the forum but the reason a lot of people keep watching the show despite its faults is:
1. We're Trekkies and continue to watch out of some sense of loyalty to the franchise.
2. We've invested this much time into watching the show and we sincerely hope it gets better and lives up to its potential. This weeks episode was a step in the right direction.

One of the reason quality shows get yanked off the air so quickly is because neither the networks nor the audiences want to give a show the chance to develop. I hated the entire first season TNG but I stuck with it and guess what, it turned into a great show. Granted three seasons is a bit long to wait for a show to improve but like Jesse Jackson says you gotta keep hope alive.
Old 05-02-04, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

didnt watch the previews for next week...

but i assumed it would deal with the hostile aliens that live near the subspace portal orwhatever they have to go through...kinda lame of the guy to mention em as an aside

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.