Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Shield 4/28

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-04, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Shield 4/28

another solid episode, and vic got lucky

I think the $7,000 was lost from the money vic took for the bizlats
Old 04-27-04, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good episode for sure....it seems a bit too obvious for shane to be the one who stole the money
Old 04-28-04, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Excellent storyline with Claudette. Aceveda's plot was passed over a bit, but everyone else got some really good character development. There are so many threads right now that the second half of the season should be really strong.

das
Old 04-28-04, 12:53 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 257 Likes on 194 Posts
The Claudette storyline is great. Looks like her decision to bring in the decoy squad could blow up in her face with them and the strike team working together against her.

It should be intersting to see where the 7K went. I agree that Shane is too obvious a choice.

Last edited by MrX; 04-28-04 at 01:19 AM.
Old 04-28-04, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This is a great show that never disappoints. I was surprised at how graphic the suicide was.

Man, that decoy squad girl really goes the distance for the job!
Old 04-28-04, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It's not enough that you and the missus put him on life supprt...now you gotta call him a thief?"

Old 04-28-04, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 724 Likes on 529 Posts
Shane is so pussywhipped.

I think the scene with Trish talking about having to do coke and needing to get tested for STDs had an impact upon Aceveda.

Anyone think Danny will hook up with Dutch, especially since it seems she is needing to reach out to someone after Tommy's suicide.
Old 04-28-04, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
"Respect bitch!"
Old 04-28-04, 02:26 AM

Vic got some! at the start of the show too bad the relationship got cut short. RIP Tommy in the end no one helped you. All indicators point to Shane taking the money despite what everyone else says just live with it. I'll give props to Trish it's a hard job keeping your cover under those circumstances.
Old 04-28-04, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DJ_Spyder
Vic got some! at the start of the show too bad the relationship got cut short. RIP Tommy in the end no one helped you. All indicators point to Shane taking the money despite what everyone else says just live with it. I'll give props to Trish it's a hard job keeping your cover under those circumstances.
With the phone call from her and the part where she said she was not sorry about it...I am not so sure this will be a one time thing. Besides...Hunter seems like a true wimp anyway.
Old 04-28-04, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dog girl is hot!
Old 04-28-04, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was thinking Shane's girlfriend probably took the money. Just the way it played out, makes it seem that way...
Old 04-28-04, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody consider Vic. He seemed very strapped for cash to pay for his son's therapist..."I'll figure something out.".

Will Julien ever be able to have a child, looking at the wrong reading material.

A great ep.
Old 04-28-04, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The subplot with Julien will come to a head and he'll have to divorce his wife because it's a sham marriage.

Danni's not having a good return to the job. She is moving towards detective-hood if things go right for her.

Trish is a survivor (wonder if she'll run into Acevada at a rape counselling meet later).

Vic is always thinking of angles to play, good move to team up with Decoy leader against Claudette.

Shane is so whipped that it's painful to watch. Lem and Ronnie are a bit underused so far this season.
Old 04-28-04, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
The subplot with Julien will come to a head and he'll have to divorce his wife because it's a sham marriage.

Danni's not having a good return to the job. She is moving towards detective-hood if things go right for her.

Trish is a survivor (wonder if she'll run into Acevada at a rape counselling meet later).

Vic is always thinking of angles to play, good move to team up with Decoy leader against Claudette.

Shane is so whipped that it's painful to watch. Lem and Ronnie are a bit underused so far this season.

I agree on all points.
Old 04-28-04, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Patman
The subplot with Julien will come to a head
You got that right
Old 04-28-04, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Nice to see Claudette finally screw up for once, like everyone else does from time to time. And Jay Karnes is really a tremendous actor:
"You see something like this and it makes you wonder if we shouldn't just all stay home and read the Bible." SOOOOOOOO funny...

As for Julien, I don't know where's it's going to end up, but I like the way they've handled it. They've showed someone honestly struggling with something he believes is wrong. Very well done.

And Trish, shockingly "deep" cover...
Old 04-28-04, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally posted by the narrator
good episode for sure....it seems a bit too obvious for shane to be the one who stole the money
I thought it was pretty clear from the looks on Vic's face that he took it (for whatever reason). The final shot with him looking at the Lexus was just a preview for how he'll shift the blame.
Old 04-28-04, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I thought this was one of the best episodes this season. It's good they are getting back into the "old' style of the first season.
Old 04-28-04, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know if it is Vic or shane I was thinking the guy who rented them the garage/storage space he was a little to nosy.
Old 04-28-04, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If I had to guess, I would say Vic took the money. He is definitely in the most need of extra cash these days. He is getting a divorce, has children to pay for, plus his new rent and bills. It could have easily been someone outside of their group though. Shane needs to dump his fiancee, she isn't even starting to show. If she is faking being pregnant then Shane should be able to tell after a while. I'm sure she'll just fake a miscarriage, if indeed it is a sham.
Old 04-28-04, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

But Vic doesn't feel the need to hide or sneak around. He wouldve came out and said, I need $7000 for my kids, and while they may have said something, the protest would've been half hearted.

Shane is dumb enough to do it, but not dumb enough to lie to Vic about it. I think it's obvious that Shane's bitchy girlfriend took it. He either told her about the stash ("Baby, just wait, Vic and I have a storeroom full of cash, we just have to wait a bit to get you that new Lexus"), or she followed him.

Getting the key would've been easy.

And she's evil/crazy/dumb enough to steal the money, thinking it wont be missed. She even took some marked money, which none of the Strike team would've ever done.

She is easily the most hateful person on TV.

D
Old 04-28-04, 12:26 PM

Surprised that nobody mentioned when Vic went to that other police station (or wherever it was), he picked out all the black people in the room to question. He said something to Claudette about a "shortcut that you can live with", when referring to how to catch this "mole". Apparently he knew that it would be a black person that was the "mole" and just pointed them all out when they busted in there. Claudette had a great look on her face once she realized what he was doing.

Very good show!
Old 04-28-04, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Derrich

She is easily the most hateful person on TV.

D
guess you didn't watch The Apprentice
Old 04-28-04, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't think Vic was using racial profiling in uncovering the mole, but used regional knowledge to trip up the mole.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.