Reload this Page >

Finished Halo on Legendary- next game?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 04-27-04, 01:36 PM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the xbox just because of Halo for my birthday. Well I have now finished it on Legendary so I need a new game.

Love shooters and think Halo was the best. I have only done the computer ones before- Wolfenstine, Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, Quake II and then jumped to Halo.

So I guess Halo 2 will be out in 2043 so what should I get while I wait
Old 04-27-04, 01:41 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
If you're looking for a FPS and your PC can run it, go with Call of Duty.
Old 04-27-04, 05:00 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's impressive. I just finished it on Normal and struggled greatly in places. Then again I don't like FPS's very much and thus am not well practiced in them.
Old 04-27-04, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Instead of buying a new game, buy the new Game Informer magazine and read the 10 pages of new info on Halo 2

Old 04-27-04, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would suggest replaying on Legendary using only grenades and melee attacks. You should be done by the time Halo 2 is out.
Old 04-27-04, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by tenaciousdave
I would suggest replaying on Legendary using only grenades and melee attacks. You should be done by the time Halo 2 is out.
Don't underestimate the power of melee attacks. I've gotten through some tough situations using melee attacks.
Old 04-27-04, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Complete Halo on Legendary in one sitting.

And no bathroom breaks.
Old 04-27-04, 09:20 PM
Mod Emeritus

N.A.R.C

The original "N.A.R.C." cast you as a futuristic cop, shooting (and occasionally arresting) the bad guys. When dealers dropped dime bags or wads of cash, you'd navigate your character over the contraband and earn points. It wouldn't ping the radar today, but was edgy stuff for the time.

The basic premise of the game hasn't changed. You're still a cop and you're still looking to take out the dealers and suppliers. And, odds are you'll pick up the cash and drugs scattered about once again. The hook is: In the new "N.A.R.C.", your character can – and is, in fact, encouraged to – ingest those drugs.

...and N.A.R.C. today.
Looking to slow time around you – a la "The Matrix" or "Max Payne"? Take a toke. Marijuana puts you into "weed time." Not sure who the bad guys are? Drop some LSD and enemies will appear to have giant devil heads. Moving too slow? A little speed will take care of that, letting you zip around and fight at an incredibly fast pace.
http://money.cnn.com/2004/03/12/comm...column_gaming/

http://www.midway.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi...id=ZZZBRD6ICGD
Old 04-28-04, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't Remembered thousands of live & times i put on Halo Legendary Mode but still can't beat the game

Any Trick !!!
Old 04-28-04, 02:38 AM

Originally posted by Superboy
Don't underestimate the power of melee attacks. I've gotten through some tough situations using melee attacks.
Not in Legendary you did.
Old 04-28-04, 02:44 AM

Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
I can't Remembered thousands of live & times i put on Halo Legendary Mode but still can't beat the game

Any Trick !!!
Go slow. Real slow. Cheap. Hide. You have to pick them off one by one and figure out if you can just run and get to the next checkpoint.

I didn't consider Legendary THAT hard once I got the hand of how to approach each spot. It was hard though. But I beat it in 20-25 hrs I would say. Then again, I beat Heroic a lot faster than I beat Normal.

Where are you stuck?
Old 04-28-04, 08:09 AM

I still can't believe I've not picked up Halo yet, and I've got around 10-15 Xbox games...I dunno, it just seems like another FPS to me, though I know there's gotta be something special about it for so many people to have raved this long about it.
Old 04-28-04, 11:09 AM
Premium Member

Well it took me for........ever - I was stuck at the belly of the beast for a few weeks alone

I could never make it through without full weapons.

I never did normal so I dont have the shields saved for each level so I will go through this just kicking arse but I know Halo 2 will be delayed forever. Crap I bought the xbox and halo so I would be ready for Halo 2

NARC seems a bit much because my kids watch some times (My wife hates that they play halo )
Old 04-28-04, 03:26 PM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by bfrank
I never did normal so I dont have the shields saved for each level so I will go through this just kicking arse but I know Halo 2 will be delayed forever. Crap I bought the xbox and halo so I would be ready for Halo 2
FWIW Halo 2 has already been delayed forever. There is little doubt that it will be out before the end of this year now. The XBOX2 will likely be out some time in 2005 (possibly as early as mid-2005), so Halo2 should be out well before then.

Congrats on your Legendary victory. Like you, my friends and I can't wait for Halo2. I've beat Halo on every difficulty, 2x on Legendary, and have been thinking about yet another go through. Great game. To those who still haven't played, you are missing an awesome experience--even more so if you can get together at least 4 people (8 is better) for a LAN party.
Old 04-28-04, 03:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Go slow. Real slow. Cheap. Hide. You have to pick them off one by one and figure out if you can just run and get to the next checkpoint.
Yep, take it one checkpoint at a time. The only spot I haven't been able to get past yet on legendary is right after "beaming" up to the ship in the cargo hold. Too many of the guys w/ swords

WRT what to try next if you haven't played Wolfenstein on the Xbox give that a shot. I found Brute Force to be enjoyable/a little different although I don't think it got very good reviews. Red Faction 2 was ok, not as good as the first IMHO. Those are the only shooters I can recall off hand. Of them though HALO is still the best IMHO. Oh yeah... there's always Breakdown which tries to be a FPS/melee game. Personally I thought it was too drawn out/difficult in parts but it was enjoyable until I got frustrated w/ it and gave up
Old 04-28-04, 03:44 PM
Retired

Originally posted by JM
The XBOX2 will likely be out some time in 2005 (possibly as early as mid-2005), so Halo2 should be out well before then.
In the latest EGM (in the rumor mill) it says that MS isn't going to show the X-box to until E3 2005 (May) so there's no way it's out mid-2005.

In all likely hood it will fall to 2006 if that's true, as I can't recall a system ever being shown for the first time at E3 of the year of it's launch. They usually show some tidbits one year, and have a full unveiling the following year.
Old 04-28-04, 05:27 PM

Originally posted by DavePack
I still can't believe I've not picked up Halo yet, and I've got around 10-15 Xbox games...I dunno, it just seems like another FPS to me, though I know there's gotta be something special about it for so many people to have raved this long about it.
Like any great game or great movie, or even great book, you have to experience it to understand : P
Old 04-28-04, 05:31 PM

Originally posted by nemein
[B]Yep, take it one checkpoint at a time. The only spot I haven't been able to get past yet on legendary is right after "beaming" up to the ship in the cargo hold. Too many of the guys w/ swords
After you kill a couple rounds of enemies, try going into one of those doorways that normally locks up when no enemies are going through. You can make it inside in enemies have just come out.

Throw a grenade when they first come out, clear the area real quick and run in. Go all the way to the back and just sit there. If you're lucky no one will come in after you. Now from here, you can just open the door and take out enemies slowly. Of course, you may run out of weapons and grenades. But who said it'd be easy?
Old 04-28-04, 05:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Of course, you may run out of weapons and grenades. But who said it'd be easy?
That's what I've been trying and that's what's been happening It's just a matter of getting enough clean shots and mainly having the patience to do it (which is what I usually run out of first ).
Old 04-28-04, 10:23 PM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
In the latest EGM (in the rumor mill) it says that MS isn't going to show the X-box to until E3 2005 (May) so there's no way it's out mid-2005.

In all likely hood it will fall to 2006 if that's true, as I can't recall a system ever being shown for the first time at E3 of the year of it's launch. They usually show some tidbits one year, and have a full unveiling the following year.
From http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content...e=pub&aid=3348

Internal schedules at Microsoft as recently as last November called for the Xbox 2 to be launched in time for Christmas 2004, sources close to the company have revealed - and the firm is still thought to be considering a launch by mid-2005.

Sources at a number of key Xbox developers, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have confirmed that when the company originally revealed the outline specification for Xbox 2 late last year, the company surprised its partners by suggesting that the new hardware would be in shops for Christmas 2004.

The system has since slipped from that schedule - which also called for an unveiling of the specification at GDC, at the high-profile press conference which the company eventually used for the launch of the XNA development platform - but Microsoft apparently still has hopes to get the new console out in mid-2005, ahead of the Christmas 2005 release anticipated by most commentators.
We'll see. I still believe it will be out sometime in 2005.
Old 04-29-04, 01:19 AM

Everyone's waiting for Sony.

Simple as that : P

MS will try to launch at the same time and hope they have a Halo 2 type of game and the stronger hardware and reputation from XBOX Live to hope they can take Sony out at the starting line.

And, it's been a long time since a console (not portable) was launched midyear instead of 4th quarter (DC was close to 4th).
Old 04-29-04, 02:07 AM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by RudeBoie
Everyone's waiting for Sony.

Simple as that : P

MS will try to launch at the same time and hope they have a Halo 2 type of game and the stronger hardware and reputation from XBOX Live to hope they can take Sony out at the starting line.

And, it's been a long time since a console (not portable) was launched midyear instead of 4th quarter (DC was close to 4th).
I agree that most consoles in the past have been released around September/October/November. However, I don't think MS is waiting for Sony. If it is, it is stupid. This time MS needs to have both the superior product AND the head start (which is basically what the article I linked to says MS has planned). With even a 3-month head start over Sony, MS would be much better off IMO.
Old 04-29-04, 03:19 AM
Video Gamer Reviewers

I can't get past the second level on easy.
Old 04-29-04, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic.....TOTAL DARK SIDE

It's harder than you think. Sure, it's just a game. But some the choices are ****ed up and leave you with a "should I have done that?" feeling.
Old 04-29-04, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I had to wait for Halo to come out on the PC before I could play it. I tried playing it on the XBox when it first came out, but I just can't play FPS games with a gamepad. So if you guys think you have a long wait for Halo 2, I've got an even longer one.

If you like the story driven games, Groucho's suggestion of Call of Duty is a good one. It's shorter, but not nearly as tedious as Halo can get (I wish they had cut out all the repetitive parts and shortened the game).

Or, if you just like to frag it up, check out Unreal Tournament 2K4. I've been spending way too much time on that lately.

Or, in a totally different genre, you should look into the new Prince of Persia. I didn't get this until recently because I generally don't like the 3rd person adventure games, but this one was really fun. They did a great job taking out a lot of the usually annoying aspects of the genre.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.