Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

R2 UK Independence Day DTS Review

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-04, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Released today in the UK, we review ID4 DTS edition. BTW I am only having fun poking fun at the movie and my American friends.

see below
Old 04-26-04, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Phil... it is a dumb movie..not doubt. Sad to hear DTS doesn't add much to it.
Old 04-26-04, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Is there a chance the Korean and/or Japanese DTS tracks will sound any better? I already preordered mine
Old 04-27-04, 04:34 AM

Tony,
I don't know, but would doubt there being any difference unless maybe the Japanese gets a full bitrate track, even then it might not overly sound different. My Japanese copy should be here soon so I will compare within the review when it arrives.
Old 04-29-04, 06:25 PM
Registered

Re: R2 UK Independence Day DTS Review

Originally posted by Phil Hinton
Released today in the UK, we review ID4 DTS edition. BTW I am only having fun poking fun at the movie and my American friends.

see below
Please note our review posting gudelines:

LINKS TO OTHER SITES' REVIEWS
[list][*]Links to reviews on sites you aren't affiliated with:
Feel free to provide all the links to external reviews you want as long as you aren't affiliated with the site. Do not, however, cut and paste the entire review into our forum. These folks put a good bit of work into their reviews, they deserve the click throughs.

Posting a brief summary or explanation (ie. "these guys thought it was a good disc, with a funny commentary") is welcome and encouraged, however.
[*]Links to reviews written by you or written for a site you are affiliated with:
Normally, this kind of behavior will earn you a permanent suspension from our forums. Using our site for free advertising is explicitly against our forum rules. HOWEVER, the special nature of this forum has prompted us to create an exception:

If you write reviews for another site, or would like to post reviews written for your site, we ask three things.
  1. Don't just come here to post your reviews. This is a fun place with interesting people. Take part in the community, don't just look at our members as potential affiliate fees and click throughs. If you don't care about our members, we don't care about you. Let's not waste each other's time. Thanks.
  2. Don't do too many at once. Doing that looks like spam and will be treated accordingly.
  3. Post a mini-summary of your review along with your link. For example:
    So-so movie, better if you're really into standard romantic comedies. Video/Audio transfer is terriffic as you'd expect for a recent theatrical release, though not without a glitch here and there. Special Features are mostly filler with one really decent featurette. link
    We don't expect you to give away the store, but give our members the option of deciding whether they want to read more or not.[/list=1]

Please understand that we appreciate the hard work that goes into creating a good DVD review, and we also understand wanting as many people as possible to read it. But a lot of work goes into making sure our members are able to enjoy these forums, and a lot of money goes into paying for this bandwidth too. We think the above is a good compromise and one that has worked here for a couple years now. Thank you for your cooperation.
  4. Final note, DVDTalk reviews are obviously exempt from the above.