Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New Kiss tour

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-04, 08:21 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Kiss tour

So I heard KISS is on tour again.

Anybody know who is in the band now? I heard Criss left.

I have seen them 11 times, but I may skip this one. If it's the same 15 songs...forget it.
Old 04-26-04, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Is this the 15th Farewell tour?
Old 04-26-04, 08:29 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
They should just team up with Cher and do farewell tours every six months or so.
Old 04-26-04, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Are you serious? Sigh-----

I love KISS but enough is enough.
Old 04-26-04, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Criss is gone
Ace is gone

It's just a Gene and Paul show. A Kiss cover band.

I have never gotten a chance to see them live and not sure I really want to in this situation.
Old 04-26-04, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Heard this on the radio...it's only 2, Paul and Gene....milking all the $$$ they can. Plus in Chicago, or outside of, they are playing the Tweeter Center which is an awful place to see a show.
Old 04-26-04, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Flashback
Heard this on the radio...it's only 2, Paul and Gene....milking all the $$$ they can. Plus in Chicago, or outside of, they are playing the Tweeter Center which is an awful place to see a show.

Like a club tour?
Old 04-26-04, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
No, a club tour would be cool.

It's Gene and Paul, along with Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer in the spaceman and cat costumes, respectively. I've been a big fan of Singer since I saw him with Black Sabbath a long long time ago, and he is a real member of Kiss (just not the makeup era) so the show might not be *that* bad. Plus, the opening act is Poison with all four original members. I hear they put on a good show, and being the entire original group, they might teach KISS a thing or two.

Yeah, right.
Old 04-26-04, 05:59 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Jason
No, a club tour would be cool.

It's Gene and Paul, along with Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer in the spaceman and cat costumes, respectively. I've been a big fan of Singer since I saw him with Black Sabbath a long long time ago, and he is a real member of Kiss (just not the makeup era) so the show might not be *that* bad. Plus, the opening act is Poison with all four original members. I hear they put on a good show, and being the entire original group, they might teach KISS a thing or two.

Yeah, right.
Singer is good. They should freakin get Bruce back and pick up from Revenge, let the 70's crap fade and start doing songs from their entire catalog. I would pay $100 to hear Lick It Up, Tears are Falling, Unholy, Creaturs of the Night, etc.
Old 04-26-04, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Scot1458
Singer is good. They should freakin get Bruce back and pick up from Revenge, let the 70's crap fade and start doing songs from their entire catalog. I would pay $100 to hear Lick It Up, Tears are Falling, Unholy, Creaturs of the Night, etc.
I would love to see Paul ditch Gene and do another solo tour like he did back a few years ago. To me Paul is the most talented original member and his music, especially the ballads, kicks ass.
Old 04-26-04, 11:21 PM

I so agree with you. I think when they took off their makeup, they realized they needed to rely a little more on talent and started putting out some real rockin' albums. Lick it Up was great! Love to hear All Hells Breaking Loose live!
Old 04-26-04, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ditto my friend i am definately more a fan of there 80's & 90's material, lick it up live would be sweet...
Old 04-27-04, 08:20 AM
Banned

Originally posted by johnbook
Ditto my friend i am definately more a fan of there 80's & 90's material, lick it up live would be sweet...
I saw them from Crazy Nights all the way to now..and I never thought I would miss all the tunes from the 80's and 90's.

What I wouldn't give to hear THRILLS IN THE NIGHT, or EXCITER live.
Old 04-27-04, 08:28 AM

Poison do put on a good show. I've seen them on each of the past 2 summer tours.
Old 04-27-04, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Poison may not last the tour. Read up on it on Metal Sludge. At Gene's As**ole party a few nights ago, CC DeVille was really messed up and Gene had some words with him.

Last edited by nodeerforamonth; 04-27-04 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-27-04, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by nodeerforamonth
Poison may not last the tour. Read up on it on Metal Sludge. At Gene's As**ole party a few nights ago, CC DeVille was really messed up and Gene had some words with him.
That's suprising ...I saw Poison years ago when they were popular. That guy could barely stand up, much less play...thank god it was free since my GF at the time had to take photos...they are pure cheese.
Old 04-27-04, 02:15 PM
Banned

Originally posted by nodeerforamonth
Someone should have some words with Gene on how his need to have sex with different women really is a sign of some serious psychatric problems.

I never really thought the guy was great...but he's such an A-hole. If it wasn't for Stanely, I wouldn't give a rip about KISS. And I was a die hard fan in the 80's.
Old 04-27-04, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Someone should have some words with Gene on how his need to have sex with different women really is a sign of some serious psychatric problems.

I never really thought the guy was great...but he's such an A-hole. If it wasn't for Stanely, I wouldn't give a rip about KISS. And I was a die hard fan in the 80's.
All he wants is for the people on tour not to be completely messed up while playing! He's been through it all before, he doesn't need to go through it again. I've had to babysit my friends who are in bands all the time. It sucks. It's not fun. It's not funny. It's a pain in the ass.

I urge you to read that Metal Sludge report. CC was TOTALLY out of control.
Old 04-27-04, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw them 5 times, first time in 1977 and last time during their "first" farewell tour. I love Kiss, but no thanks for this tour...
Old 04-28-04, 08:22 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Darkfriend
I saw them 5 times, first time in 1977 and last time during their "first" farewell tour. I love Kiss, but no thanks for this tour...
77 huh? So you saw them during the glory years. My first time wasn't til 87....so what was it like back then? Did they have more energy then the 80's version? Was it just like KISS MEETS THE PHANTOM?
Old 04-28-04, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Im going because I heard they are actually going to play different songs (anyone whos seen Kiss more than once knows that they play the same old crap everytime)

Eric Singer is 10X the drummer that Peter is, but when he plays with Kiss Gene doesn't let him let loose (check him out with Alice Cooper and you'll see what I mean)

I don't give a crap about Tommy Thayer, bring Back ACE or Bruce.

One more thing, If they are going to play with different members in makeup they should change the charactors (ala the Fox and the Egyptian) you think Gene would see the marketing potential in that.

still one last thing... I hate Poison but I admit thaey put on a killer show (I saw them 2 years ago)

Last edited by cactusoly; 04-28-04 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-28-04, 12:45 PM
Banned

Originally posted by cactusoly
Im going because I heard they are actually going to play different songs (anyone whos seen Kiss more than once knows that they play the same old crap everytime)

Eric Singer is 10X the drummer that Peter is, but when he plays with Kiss Gene doesn't let him let loose (check him out with Alice Cooper and you'll see what I mean)

I don't give a crap about Tommy Thayer, bring Back ACE or Bruce.

One more thing, If they are going to play with different members in makeup they should change the charactors (ala the Fox and the Egyptian) you think Gene would see the marketing potential in that.

still one last thing... I hate Poison but I admit thaey put on a killer show (I saw them 2 years ago)
Like I said above, bring back Bruce and let's pick up where they left off.

hee hee..can you imagine seeing Paul sing Tears are Falling with make-up?

Ok, here's my wish set:

Exciter
Cold Gin
Unholy
Tears are Falling
Thrills in the Night
I love it Loud
A world Without Heroes
Sure Know Something
Shandi
Lick it up
Heaven's on Fire
Who wants to be Lonely
Everytime I look at you (gotta put a Paul ballad in there)
Hold your Heart
Love Gun
Black Diamond
Detroit Rock City

I'll pony up $200 for that show.
Old 04-28-04, 12:55 PM
Banned

Just read Eric S. said they are praticing Love her All I Can and All the Way.

Hmm......
Old 04-28-04, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

my dream setlist:

Detroit Rock City
Creatures of the Night
Uh All Night
She
Mr Speed
Going Blind
All Hells Breaking Loose
Watching You
100,000 Years
I
War Machine
God Of Thunder
Unholy
Crazy Crazy Nights
Black Diamond (w/ Eric Singer vocals)
Encores
Heaven's On Fire
Lick It Up
I Love It Loud
God Gave Rock N Roll to You

I never want to hear rock N' Roll All night ever again
Old 04-28-04, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
I've seen Poison on their headlining summer tour the past 3 summers. It's become a summer tradition--the way Jimmy Buffet is for some people.

Sadly, this stupid tour kills that as I will not be paying Kiss' inflated prices to see Poison do a shortened set.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.