Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Practice 4/25/04

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-04, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Practice 4/25/04

Eugene gets a shot at a Superior Judge slot, and Eleanor didn't take the new development well, but finally came around to it, and it looks like Jamie's going to have to really go looking for another job, which is her worst fear come true.

Jimmy's new law practice attracts Lenny the Fish (Big ***** from the Sopranos) as a competitor and it appears to be headed to a confrontation. The bug-up-the-butt case appears to be going away as the fiancee was discovered to be the informant, and it'll be used to give up a bigger fish for Jimmy to save his friend.

Alan takes on the NHL and slaps around their lawyer for their lack of punishment on fighting in their league. He also makes some vintage connection with Sally, who was spotted dancing on the top of a bar a la Coyote Ugly. He also gets totally under the skin of Demornay's character.

So we'll be saying goodbye to Eugene's and Bobby's firm very soon now...
Old 04-26-04, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good episode. Especially liked Alan's assessment of sports..

But i'm trying to figure out...they said there are only two eps left, right? So that means that this tidbit that TV Guide posted is true?
Spoiler:
LEGAL BRIEF: As first hinted in TV Guide magazine, fired Practice star Dylan McDermott is headed back to the ABC drama for a showdown with his successor, James Spader, a show rep now confirms. The actor will reprise his role as legal eagle Bobby Donnell for a two-episode arc airing May 2 and 16. "There's a lot of conflict in the office involving [Spader's character]," says co-star Camryn Manheim, "so we need our old friend to help resolve it."
Old 04-26-04, 12:06 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Sally She looks much better on this show then she did on Miss Match.

So is their only 1 more left? I wonder if
Spoiler:
Bobby
is going to show up since he was rumored to show up at some point this season.

Not a fan of DeMornay's character so far.

I wish they would have just had Jimmy leave instead of the stupid side story with his new office.
Old 04-26-04, 02:48 AM
Banned

There are 2 more episodes left and
Spoiler:
yes bobby will show up next week

from TV guide online....
Spoiler:
Dylan McDermott returns as Bobby, backing Eugene before an intransigent committee that's considering him for a judgeship. Meanwhile, sparks fly between Ellenor and Hannah over a civil suit; tensions mount between Jimmy and a bullying lawyer in the neighborhood

Last edited by Dead; 04-26-04 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-26-04, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jimmy speculation
Spoiler:
He's going to get turned into building material.
Old 04-26-04, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Good episode. I really like DeMornay's character. Spader was great in dealing with the D.A. and the commissioner.
Old 04-26-04, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice spoiler, Shades30. Wanna maybe cover that up?
Old 04-26-04, 09:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anybody know the name of the song or artist, that they played at the end of the show?
Old 04-27-04, 12:26 AM
Banned

Originally posted by bboisvert
Nice spoiler, Shades30. Wanna maybe cover that up?
how is that a spoiler? its information on tv guides' website not some secret info, jeez so no maybe i don't want to cover it up thanks for askin

Last edited by Shades30; 04-27-04 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-27-04, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Sigh.
Old 04-27-04, 09:30 AM

Originally posted by Shades30
how is that a spoiler? its information on tv guides' website not some secret info, jeez so no maybe i don't want to cover it up thanks for askin
You do understand what a spoiler is, right?
Old 04-27-04, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I think you need to leave if that's how you feel. I don't watch coming attractions or read TV guide or similar for the reason that I don't want to know what's coming. That's what a spoiler is. You should respect forum members who feel that way.
Old 04-27-04, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Darq
You do understand what a spoiler is, right?
yes as a matter of fact i know what the word means and if a tv preview or something in tv guide spoiled which means ruins the following week then it wouldn't be put out there.
Old 04-27-04, 03:27 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DVD Josh
I think you need to leave if that's how you feel. I don't watch coming attractions or read TV guide or similar for the reason that I don't want to know what's coming. That's what a spoiler is. You should respect forum members who feel that way.
well guess what no i think i will stay thanks, and i guess you don't watch tv at all because if you do then you can't help but see previews for upcoming shows. i think i know what a spolier is thanks ,don't make me get a dictionary and make you look stupid, i think after 20 years of school i know what the word means
Old 04-27-04, 03:53 PM

don't make me get a dictionary and make you look stupid, i think after 20 years of school i know what the word means
Someone needs a refund for 20 years of "edumacation"
Old 04-27-04, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
And the lesson on CAPS-LOCK.
Old 04-27-04, 04:07 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Darq
Someone needs a refund for 20 years of "edumacation"
Refund? i am still paying out my rear plus interest, but thats another story
Old 04-27-04, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If only the TV Talk forum had an official policy on preview spoilers. And if only that policy were stickied atop the forum for everyone to see. And if only that policy were further linked into this thread for increased ease of access. And if only I could access my Ignore List in fewer clicks.

das
Old 04-27-04, 04:30 PM
Banned

Originally posted by das Monkey
If only the TV Talk forum had an official policy on preview spoilers. And if only that policy were stickied atop the forum for everyone to see. And if only that policy were further linked into this thread for increased ease of access. And if only I could access my Ignore List in fewer clicks.

das
If only some people weren't anal retentive dopes, if only

and a preview is not a spoiler, its a preview, i guess networks want to spoil the following week if it is a spolier.

Last edited by Shades30; 04-27-04 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-27-04, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I've seen stuff spoiled by previews before
Old 04-27-04, 05:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by mikehunt
I've seen stuff spoiled by previews before
I never have , but if you did then you should send an email to the network because a preview is supposed to make you want to watch the following week not give away what happens
Old 04-27-04, 05:22 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone isn't playing well with others.

Using spoiler tags isn't just a suggestion. It's a rule, and if you're going to choose not to follow it, you won't be posting on this forum for much longer.
Old 04-27-04, 05:33 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Static Cling
Someone isn't playing well with others.

Using spoiler tags isn't just a suggestion. It's a rule, and if you're going to choose not to follow it, you won't be posting on this forum for much longer.
never said it wan't a rule here, again a preview is not a spolier . you want to ban me for that go ahead, if you think i won't be able to post here under another name or ip address fine whatever man
Old 04-27-04, 09:21 PM

going going......

Back on topic, I'm glad to see Jimmy in his own practice. He kinda got the shaft this season what with Alan taking over the show. Not that I mind, mind you.
Old 04-27-04, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
jimmy the grunt

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.