DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : "Star Wars... SREWUP?"

Sabrina29D
04-25-04, 09:33 PM
Ok... Did anyone notice in the first Star Wars they made (A new Hope.) When luke got out of his ship and everyone was in celebration. He went to scream Leia. But instead he screamed her real name Carrie instead.

Ok did that actully happen/ I played a few times to make sure. And i am pretty sure that it did.

Correct me if i am wrong. Did anyone else see it?

Dr. DVD
04-25-04, 09:37 PM
Yep. It happened and is noted in a film flubs book.

Sabrina29D
04-25-04, 09:41 PM
HA! Thanks for clearing that up...

milo bloom
04-25-04, 09:41 PM
It's not Carrie, he starts to say "Hey, there she is" looking for Leia, but he kinda chokes for some reason. I'm fairly sure the official site has debunked it.

Rivero
04-25-04, 10:15 PM
[BillMurray/].............oh Staaaaar Waaarrs...........nothing but Staaaaaaaaaar Waaaaaaaaaars............[BillMurray/]

Sabrina29D
04-25-04, 10:17 PM
Are you sure. Cause i am pretty sure he says Carrie. It really does not sound like "Hey, there she is."

Jackskeleton
04-25-04, 10:22 PM
He does scream Carrie. Trust me on it. Though they did eventually fix it.

Sabrina29D
04-25-04, 11:12 PM
Yeah that is what i thought.

The Antipodean
04-25-04, 11:15 PM
What the hell is a "srewup?" Or was that intentional bit of irony on your part in a post about mistakes. ;)

Josh-da-man
04-25-04, 11:21 PM
"SREWUP?"

I thought it was an acronym for the title of Ep 3 when I clikced the thread.

devilshalo
04-25-04, 11:31 PM
Some Really Evil Wookie Union Plan?

Sabrina29D
04-25-04, 11:51 PM
lol sorry you guys. I meant they screwed up and missed the mistake. Didn't mean to disappoint anyone.

lol Sorry again!

Sabrina29D
04-26-04, 12:01 AM
Jackskeleton:
"Though they did eventually fix it."

When did they fix the "Srewup" ?

Jackskeleton
04-26-04, 12:14 AM
Think in the special editions they altered it. not entirely sure which version it was, but it was eventually removed.

Lara Means
04-26-04, 04:50 AM
He didn't say Carrie. He said "HEY"

Shannon Nutt
04-26-04, 08:58 AM
I still have the originals on laserdisc (as well as an old RCA Videodisc)...they never changed the line in the SE. He yells "HEY!", not "Carrie". There are a lot of so-called "flubs" listed in those movie guides and websites that aren't flubs at all...this is one of them.

chrisih8u
04-26-04, 09:12 AM
Before the movie starts, my local theatre used to put that up on the screen as a flub.

Groucho
04-26-04, 09:28 AM
When the SE came out, I compared it to the original...the delivery is the same. No change. Quite frankly, it's hard to tell if he's yelling "HEY!" or "Carrie!"

I've shown the scene to a few people unaware of the flub, and they all guess that he's saying "Hey!" If you tell them that he says "Carrie!" beforehand, then that's what they hear.

Kind of like the whole "Take off your clothes" thing in Aladdin.

Pants
04-26-04, 02:26 PM
He did not say "Carrie".

He never said "Carrie".

They never "fixed" the line because there was nothing ever wrong with it.

This is just a stupid rumor that won't die (mostly because of the internet, erroneous books, theater trivia, etc.)

TK-421
04-26-04, 02:31 PM
This is what you seek:
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/feature/20000530/indexp3.html

Pants
04-26-04, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by TK-421
This is what you seek:
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/feature/20000530/indexp3.html Thank you...the defense rests.

Jackskeleton
04-26-04, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Groucho
When the SE came out, I compared it to the original...the delivery is the same. No change. Quite frankly, it's hard to tell if he's yelling "HEY!" or "Carrie!"

I've shown the scene to a few people unaware of the flub, and they all guess that he's saying "Hey!" If you tell them that he says "Carrie!" beforehand, then that's what they hear.

I will have to agree with Groucho here. that "Hey" sounds like there is a "Ca" sound infront of it.

Then again some of you take this a bit to seriously. We all know how indepth lucas is with his mistakes as we can see the great detail they explain the Holiday Special on the Official Website... riiiight?

Sabrina29D
04-26-04, 04:03 PM
All i can say is... I wonder how many people popped out their DVD after reading this and scanned the scene listing just to see for them selves.

Jackskeleton
04-26-04, 04:26 PM
ages ago.

dom56
04-26-04, 04:36 PM
I loved the boob shot on ROTJ. :D

caiman
04-26-04, 05:01 PM
hey guyz I just spotted a penis on the Little Mermaid cover!! is it really a penis????!!!11

Rivero
04-26-04, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by caiman
hey guyz I just spotted a penis on the Little Mermaid cover!! is it really a penis????!!!11

yeah, it's a really an erect penis! The guy that inserted that into the painting was fired by Disney when word got out. Have you also seen the nude woman in The Aristocats and the stars that spell SEX in The Lion King???!

[Ben Fong-Torres] Craaaaaaaaaazyyyyy!!![Ben Fong-Torres]

Rivero
04-26-04, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by dom56

Yeah, that Oola's got some nice knockers for an alien.

Josh-da-man
04-27-04, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by dom56

Yeah, and it was even painted green.

Oh, to have been that make-up artist...

zero
04-27-04, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Sabrina29D
Ok... Did anyone notice in the first Star Wars they made (A new Hope.) When luke got out of his ship and everyone was in celebration. He went to scream Leia. But instead he screamed her real name Carrie instead.

Ok did that actully happen/ I played a few times to make sure. And i am pretty sure that it did.

Correct me if i am wrong. Did anyone else see it?

Know what I noticed? Robots dont smile...

Sabrina29D
04-30-04, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by zero
Know what I noticed? Robots dont smile...

Ha! Now that is funny. I don't think i would really like to see a robot smile. Emotions and Robots combined is a scary thought. Even if it is an emotionless smile....Freaky...

Sabrina29D
04-30-04, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by caiman

WOW! I can't believe the things people do...Although that is a little funny. I wonder why the person did it though? AH who cares. It is pretty funny! I could only imagine peoples reaction though. But he desearved to get fired...It was still funny though.

Jray
04-30-04, 06:27 PM
All i can say is... I wonder how many people popped out their DVD after reading this and scanned the scene listing just to see for them selves.

Ummmm............... none??? :hscratch:

Except maybe a few "bad" people.

jasonbird
04-30-04, 08:40 PM
Interesting thread, because I was just listening to an interview
with Hamill on a morning show where one of the DJ's asked about
this "flub" and Hamill said that this scene was recorded later and
then added to the film and that there was no way that could've
happened. He went on to say the same thing that they quote
him on the web page linked earlier in the thread.

Interesting thing is that I had never heard of this flub and never
knew there was a controversy. I had always thought he said,
"Hey there she is!" And the radio interview was the first I heard
about it, then two days later see this thread...ah good times...

Jason

ween
04-30-04, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Groucho

So what is that supposed to be in Aladdin then, because I could swear that it is "Take off your clothes". Nevermind it was very awkward for dialogue to be there.

Sorry to derail

talemyn
05-01-04, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by ween
So what is that supposed to be in Aladdin then, because I could swear that it is "Take off your clothes". Nevermind it was very awkward for dialogue to be there.

Sorry to derail Here is a good page on Snopes about it . . . http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/aladdin.htm.

Rockmjd23
05-01-04, 09:52 AM

We have to wait until 9/21 to do that.

Eplicon
05-02-04, 10:32 AM
The "Carrie" thing is a big urban legend. Considering that the dialogue is looped afterwards -- often times requiring several takes in itself -- it is very unlikely this sort of thing would've gone by undetected.

I never heard it as "Carrie" myself. It's been always, "Heeeyyyyyyyy!"