Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Green Day's bill joe NOT dead

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-04, 03:24 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

read this and freaked out, but apparently the band has debunked it. thank god.

Billie Joe from GREEN DAY died in a car accident
story is as follows:

Tragic Accident Resulting In The Loss Of A Legend

"Always Be Remembered"

GSinger/songwriter Billie Joe Armstong was found dead early this morning. He aparently was on his way home from a late night recording session when blindsided by a drunk driver. Bystanders state that they witnesses Green Days frontman as he was thrown from the vehicle.

"Our lives are never going to be the same," says bassist Mike Dirnt. "He was not only a huge and intricate part to this band. Not to mention my best friend of almost 22 years." "We were almost finished with our followup up to Warnings album, but now we have not decided weather not put it out or not."

This would have been be Armstrong, bassist Mike Durnt and drummer Tre Cool's first album since 2000's Warning -- or their first under the Green Day moniker. Last year, a synth-pop group called the Network -- featuring such mysterious members as Snoo, Fink, Van Gough, Captain Underpants and Z -- released its debut on Adeline Records, owned by Armstrong and his wife. Though Green Day won't cop to their alter-ego, there's little doubt who was behind the Network.

To many of the greenday fans out there, this is going to be one of the darkest days in Rock and Roll history. Billie Joe Armstrong was only 37. He had a wife and 2 kids along with one of the most successful bands in Rock history. Today, obviously is not a very Green day, its more of a Blue day for thoes who will remember Billie Joe Armstrongp> STEVE BALTIN
(April 22, 2004)
Old 04-23-04, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Where exactly was this reported?
Old 04-23-04, 07:40 PM

Other than the many spelling and grammatical errors in that story, I think Billie Joe is only about 33 or 35. I could be wrong (I don't like Green Day so I don't follow them closely), but the article is garbage any way you slice it.