TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Enterprise 04/21/04

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-04, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enterprise 04/21/04

Episode Title: 'Damage'

The Enterprise, badly damaged in an encounter with the Xindi, finds a new ally in the Illyians; T'Pol reveals a secret.
Written By: Phyllis Strong
Directed By: James L. Conway

It sure has been a long time since a new episode.
Old 04-21-04, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Enterprise 04/21/04

Originally posted by Chew
It sure has been a long time since a new episode.
I forget. Do I like this show or not?
Old 04-21-04, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Wizdar
I forget. Do I like this show or not?
I guess it has been a long time.
Old 04-21-04, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 600 Likes on 347 Posts
So how will Janeway save the ship THIS time? oh... it HAS been a long time!!
Old 04-21-04, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally posted by Bronkster
So how will Janeway save the ship THIS time? oh... it HAS been a long time!!
Spoiler:
Porthos wakes up from a bad dream.
Old 04-21-04, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Crap! Turned off the weekly record option for Enterprise because Its been nothing but re-runs for the past month and today we finally get a new episode....hopefully I'll make it home in time from work to catch it.

Anyone hear anything about this show being cancelled/renewed for next season?
Old 04-21-04, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It will most likely be renewed, but nothing has been officially announced yet.

The only thing to go off of right now is that in UPN's May Sweeps Press Release they touted the Series Finale of "The Parkers", but only referred to Enterprise's "Zero Hour" as a Season Finale. Of course they could always change their mind, but I think they'd want to hype it up more if they were going to end the show this season.
Old 04-21-04, 12:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Over a month worth of re-runs, ratings are low and apparently they cut back the number of espisodes for this season....that doesn't sound promising.
Old 04-21-04, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Setzer •

Over a month worth of re-runs, ratings are low and apparently they cut back the number of espisodes for this season....that doesn't sound promising.
On the contrary ... seems we're finally making some progress.

das
Old 04-21-04, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Setzer
Yeah, the episode cut wasn't the best news, but I heard Bakula actually championed that instead of a budget cut.

The reruns aren't unusual, especially since this season started early and got cut by 2 episodes, and this rerun period was only one week longer than previous ones.

The ratings are down from last season, but they've remained almost exactly flat throughout this season so the storyline has held the audience.
Old 04-21-04, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

anyone watch this? I didn't think it was too bad. I liked the ending and the memorable first contact.
Old 04-21-04, 09:45 PM
Suspended

Yeah.. I saw the show. I was very disappointed with it.

It's turning out to have actors/actresses who played in DS9 back in playing different characters. It's almost like DS9 all over again.. come on! So far we have.. Weyoun playing General Shrak, Legate Damar as the leader of ship which Enterprise attacked and stole their warp coil, and the female shapechanger as the alien that contacted the council.

What I really despised the most is that Archer decided to go steal a warp coil.. wtf... and Trip says it's fine and that he did the right thing... wtf.
Old 04-21-04, 09:58 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
I just wanted to say that I'm still not watching this show. Thank you. Carry on.
Old 04-21-04, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
An OK episode. Obviously doesn't make sense they would send Archer back, but whatever. I did like the darker side of ST where they attacked the innocent ship for what they needed.
Old 04-21-04, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was T'Pol's secret that she is really a man?
Old 04-21-04, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Regurgitator
Yeah.. I saw the show. I was very disappointed with it.

It's turning out to have actors/actresses who played in DS9 back in playing different characters. It's almost like DS9 all over again.. come on! So far we have.. Weyoun playing General Shrak, Legate Damar as the leader of ship which Enterprise attacked and stole their warp coil, and the female shapechanger as the alien that contacted the council.

What I really despised the most is that Archer decided to go steal a warp coil.. wtf... and Trip says it's fine and that he did the right thing... wtf.
Well, that wasn't the same actress as the Sphere-Builder lady.
Old 04-21-04, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Lara Means
Was T'Pol's secret that she is really a man?
She's become addicted to Trellium-D since when she was exposed to it it unlocked emotions that she enjoyed.
Old 04-21-04, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
not horrible
cool seeing Casey Biggs again
accidentally taped it on the wrong tape, will have to tape the rerun on sunday
previews spoiler
Spoiler:
looks like they are going to use time travel or something to undo everything
Old 04-21-04, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mikehunt
not horrible
cool seeing Casey Biggs again
accidentally taped it on the wrong tape, will have to tape the rerun on sunday
previews spoiler
Spoiler:
looks like they are going to use time travel or something to undo everything
Spoiler:
Actually {and these are big spoilers for that upcoming episode), what it is is that they try to use the Xindi vortex to reach the Xindi Council, but find another Enterprise that has been trapped in their for like 80 years and it's a generational ship now. They've stayed there to tell Enterprise to not use the vortex or something like that. It's not a reset for the Xindi arc, but something like a reset episode since the ship they encounter won't be in existence by the end of the episode.
Old 04-22-04, 12:46 AM

Maybe I've become more moral in my old age but what Archer did was inexcusable. I'm all for anti-heros, but these are supposed to be the good guys. Picard would've found another solution. Or maybe he wouldn't have found a solution at all, but it would've been better than that.

D
Old 04-22-04, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
the good of the many outweigh the needs of the few
Old 04-22-04, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Derrich
Maybe I've become more moral in my old age but what Archer did was inexcusable. I'm all for anti-heros, but these are supposed to be the good guys. Picard would've found another solution. Or maybe he wouldn't have found a solution at all, but it would've been better than that.

D
Sisko took part in a deception and assassination in order to bring the Romulans into the war. That was just as immoral, but a necessary step.
Old 04-22-04, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by MvRojo
Sisko took part in a deception and assassination in order to bring the Romulans into the war. That was just as immoral, but a necessary step.
I was thinking the same thing. I could never see Janeway (other than future Janeway, but that's another story) or Picard doing what Archer did, but could picture Sisko based on the above.

[Chew rant]It amazes me how the show has gone from "afraid of using the transporter for humans" to "nearly forgetting it even exists" to "beaming over a boarding party on the same pad" in just three years. Also interesting how it seems to be the one system on the ship without any damage.[/Chew rant].

Nice seeing Casey Biggs again even if it was a glorified cameo. What are the chances this will come back to bite Archer?

Josette DiCarlo played the Sphere-builder, while Salome Jens was the female Changeling.
Old 04-22-04, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At the end of the show when Archer said the aliens would be fine without their warp coil, I would have loved it if it had switched to a quick shot of the Xindi blowing the crap out of the alien ship.
Old 04-22-04, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn you Chew! You stole my rant!!
Originally posted by MvRojo
The ratings are down from last season, but they've remained almost exactly flat throughout this season so the storyline hasn't driven away more of the audience.
Fixed.

Anybody who has managed to make it thru the past two years’ drivel is not likely going anywhere. The writers have actually shown some thought in their work, albeit damn_little. And this episode shows that Blalock’s acting talents have improved from nonexistent to considerably subpar.

However, the writing has only gone from “Why should we bust our butts; Trekies will eat whatever crap we feed them” to a storyline that’s not unlike the party gag where you whisper a phrase to one person and they pass it along to see how twisted it gets. The T’Pol addiction, as well as my last sentence, is a perfect example. Never mind the piss poor background with her emotions and humping Trip. This is absolutely nothing new. Hell, Head Grunt has been a better Vulcan. And they buried the issue inside several key points in the episode, and don’t bother to provide a conclusion worthy of having invented the thing in the first place.

And, yeah, from out of nowhere, suddenly the transporter is working and nobody fears for their life when using it.

I agree with Derrich on the morality issue. You can't compare this with any previous Trek incarnation. This is not Trek and was never meant to be, something that was evident in the first episode when the Klingon spoke gibberish and the Vulcans were emotional.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.