Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Drew Carey Show- New Episodes coming this summer

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Drew Carey Show- New Episodes coming this summer

Yep, this past season the Drew Carey Show actually produced 26 episodes, but ABC didn't air a single one....This summer they will burn them all off. I wonder which cast members are still with the show and which ones left after last season?
Old 04-20-04, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 279 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: The Drew Carey Show- New Episodes coming this summer

Originally posted by Seantn
ABC didn't air a single one
Sure about that?

I thought a few episodes were burned off on Saturdays.
Old 04-20-04, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: The Drew Carey Show- New Episodes coming this summer

Originally posted by GuessWho
Sure about that?

My TiVo season pass hasn't picked up a single new episode in a LOOOOOOONG time.

Is the show going to be aired on ABC? Rumors had them being aired on ABC Family.

I wonder which cast members are still with the show and which ones left after last season?
Good question. Back in February, Diedrich Bader joined the cast of John Goodman's CBS pilot Center of the Universe. I wonder how many Drew Carey episodes he was in.
Old 04-20-04, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This season of Drew Carey finished filming in Late February/Early March, so it's very possible he was there for every episode. At the beginning of this season Drew's Brother was on that show, The Brotherhood of Poland, so I guess he won't be in this season.
Old 04-20-04, 02:19 PM

This season of Drew Carey finished filming in Late February/Early March, so it's very possible he was there for every episode. At the beginning of this season Drew's Brother was on that show, The Brotherhood of Poland, so I guess he won't be in this season.
Actually, according to TVTome.com, the last episode was filmed just a few days ago, on April 14th.
Old 04-20-04, 02:34 PM

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts
Any dates when they'll be airing?
Old 04-20-04, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i'll probably watch at least a few of them if they aren't horrible
Old 04-20-04, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,369 Likes on 931 Posts
I'm glad they are finally going to air them. The show was under contract through this season, so they had to film the episodes. The rumor for the longest time is that they would burn them off on ABC Family. That was the last I heard of it, probably sometime at the end of last year.

As far as I know, everyone that was a regular cast member, was still involved in the show.

I'm glad to see it's coming back, even if it is for only one more season. Hopefully they can end it on a positive note, with a proper series finale.
Old 04-20-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Re: The Drew Carey Show- New Episodes coming this summer

Originally posted by GuessWho
Sure about that?

Nope. Those were episodes from last season that never aired because the show was yanked.
Old 04-20-04, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
I'm glad to see it's coming back, even if it is for only one more season. Hopefully they can end it on a positive note, with a proper series finale.
Yeah it was a bummer when the show started going downhill, at one point it was just way too over the top, and I think that's when it was at it's peak of popularity; you know back when Drew was practically the king of ABC. After that I just stopped watching for some reason. I've seen so many of the episodes, I'd like to see how it ends.
Old 04-20-04, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
They COMPLETELY lost me with all the improv and spot-the-mistake shows......
Old 04-20-04, 07:47 PM

I'm glad ABC is showing the remaining episodes. I didn't really like the last new episodes they aired (last summer I think), but I'll watch to see how they end it. I thought the show really started going downhill when Christa Miller left.
Old 04-20-04, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good news, I had stopped watching Drew for a number of years... Caught ABC burning off the last season over the summer, a lot of the episodes competed with the shows quality during it's prime.

Any word on Whose Line Is It...? I believe I had read that both Drew and WLIIA were under contract to produce a full season this year. Would be a shame if they don't get aired until syndication on Comedy Central or wherever...
Old 04-20-04, 08:38 PM

Originally posted by coladar
Any word on Whose Line Is It...? I believe I had read that both Drew and WLIIA were under contract to produce a full season this year. Would be a shame if they don't get aired until syndication on Comedy Central or wherever...
I haven't heard anything about Whose Line, but I think they have 22 unaired episodes from a few years ago already, and then some new episodes recorded last year. If ABC isn't going to air new episodes anymore, I wish they'd air them on ABC Family (they show Whose Line reruns) or Comedy Central like you said.

On a similar note, Drew Carey is shooting a new live-action/improv show for the WB called "Green Screen." It sounds similar to Whose Line, but evidently it's supposed to be different.

Drew Carey's 'Green' on WB's Screen
Old 04-20-04, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, I had no idea this show hadn't been cancelled. I stopped watching years ago. Way too many aren't-we-just-so-clever episodes.
Old 04-21-04, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jobronie
They COMPLETELY lost me with all the improv and spot-the-mistake shows......
I loved the show during its first few seasons, and almost all my friends and family watched it too. It felt like a smaller city version of Seinfeld to us. The occasional improv thing or musical number was fun, but it never overshadowed the more realistic elements of the show and the continuing story of 4 buddies going through life together in Cleveland.

Eventually, Drew wents nuts somewhere and decided that's what the audience really loved and gave us nothing but improv, musical, April Fool's, and live episodes. The show was now more gimmick than story and I simply couldn't watch it anymore. Most of the other fans I knew also did the same. Now I can't even stomach watching the first few seasons because the later ones have left such a bad impression on me.
Old 04-21-04, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree, NitroJMS. This show jumped the shark like no other. It's like the shark tank was on the edge of a cliff and we had about 3 seasons of hearing "aaaaahhhhhhhh........" as it when down a the hole.
Old 04-21-04, 07:32 AM

Add me to the list of those who liked the show quite a bit for a while, but then it just lost me completely.
Old 04-21-04, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hope they had some hotties in these episodes.

So will we find out if Drew and the new girl Kellie (Cynthia Watros) get it on?
Old 04-21-04, 09:45 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think this show really jumped the shark when it opened the season with a variety show episode. The stunt shows were bad enough, but as the first episode of the season? Totally killed the show's momentum right off the bat.
Old 04-21-04, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used to love the show, and watched religiously but the gimmicks killed the damn show. I left disgusted once drew died and then came back as the baby. Like nitro I can't even stomach reruns, because the later ones were so bad.
Old 06-02-04, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's a bump for tonight's 2 Drew Carey episodes at 9 p.m. EDT.
Old 06-02-04, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Can he recapture the magic? Fingers are crossed...

It'd be nice to have a show I'd actually care to watch this summer.
Old 06-02-04, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Patman
Here's a bump for tonight's 2 Drew Carey episodes at 9 p.m. EDT.
Can't wait. One of the funnier shows on tv, despite what people say about it.
Old 06-02-04, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I like the second episode more than the first one. Having Lewis helped in bringing the funny/disturby.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.