Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Upcoming Paramount Projects

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-04, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Got this today from DarkHorizons.com:

After a public shakeup which has resulted in the studio claiming they're going to be doing a bigger and wider range of product, Paramount Pictures has put a bunch of projects in development and 'Crotchety' breaks down what we can potentially expect from the studio over the next few years:

- Carrie Ann Moss's deal is apparently done for "Mission: Impossible 3". Scarlett Johanssen is taking more time (scheduling). Phil Hoffman's is in limbo but producers are coming back.

- Pete Segal looks to be on board to direct "It's Not You, It's Me", but they may ask him to step aside.

- "Fountainhead" - theymay try to do this contemporary rather than as a period piece so as not to alienate the core audience.

- "Fast & the Furious" producer Neal H. Moritz is apparently trying to do a film based on the classic teen series "21 Jump Street".

- Sam Mendes is circling to potentially direct "Dance Lessons".

- Alex Cross thriller "Roses are Red" is currently seeking a writer as the studio wants to go with a grittier edge ala "Narc".

- Both "Naked Jungle" and "Deathlok" are currently under consideration by "Punisher" helmer Jonathan Hensleigh

- "The Eye" and a potential sequel are being developed with the same crew in mind. Sebastian Guittierez is currently rewriting the first film script.

- PJ Hogan is directing and rewriting to his notes on "Let's Make Friends". Casting is about to begin.

- Snoop Dogg looks to be out of "The Longest Yard", casting is still underway

- David Koepp is penning "War of the Worlds", Stuart Beattie is adapting "Without Remorse", "Aeon Flux" is currently casting.

- Being written: "Carter Beats the Devil", "The Manny", "Honeymoon from Hell", "Turn", ""Days of the Dead", "The Girl Who Could Fly", "Two Strangers and a Wedding", "Seconds", "Car Show", "To Catch a Thief", "Four Brothers", "Take Me To Your Leader", "Pet Sematary"

Seeking Writers: "Pro Nanny, "Au Pair", "Paranoia", "Star Fleet Command", "Stranger in a Strangeland", "Homeland Security", Peter Weir's "War Magician", Tony Scott's "Warriors" and an untitled Johnny Knoxville project

Currently in turnaround: "Adventures of Sinbad the Insurance Salesman", "Book 'Em", "Racewalker"

Inactive: "Carrier", "Sucker", "Disgruntled Former Employee"

Thanks again to 'Crotchety'
Two things jump out at me on this list...

"Days of The Dead" - obviously a sequel to "Dawn of the Dead"!

"Star Fleet Command" - a NEW Star Trek movie?! And apparantly one that will have an all-new cast! (I can hear disgruntled fans writing and e-mailing Paramount already!)
Old 04-19-04, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Re: Upcoming Paramount Projects

Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
Two things jump out at me on this list...
Shows me that Paramount is going to have another shitty year.
Old 04-19-04, 03:41 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
I'm still surprised at the Pet Semetary sequel.
Old 04-19-04, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm still surprised at the Pet Semetary sequel.
That's because they have nothing else and they are a cheap ass studio.