Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Is this feedback reasonable?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-04, 05:57 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

4 out of 5 : "Great delivery, though a bit slow to receive. But thanks!"

I am a new seller at amazon.com and this is my sixth feedback. The previous five is 5 out of 5. The reason of the "slow to receive" is because I used Media Mail for delivery. That's what the buyer paid for. I did shipped the item within 2 days after I receive the order. Do you think this feedback is fair to me?

Last edited by ftsoh; 04-19-04 at 06:03 AM.
Old 04-19-04, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
No, it's not fair to you - since it doesn't point out that media mail was used - the modern-day equivalent of the Pony Express...minus the "express".
Old 04-19-04, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
No, it's not fair to you - since it doesn't point out that media mail was used - the modern-day equivalent of the Pony Express...minus the "express".
In the email I sent to the buyer, I did mention the item was sent via Media Mail and please expect to wait 5-10 business days. I think the seller also should realize that when he/she select the shipment option when checking out.
Old 04-19-04, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Lol. Welcome to the world of selling online. Rule #1 - You can NEVER NEVER NEVER make everyone happy. No matter how hard you try. Trust me - as a long time buyer and seller, this will not affect one bit whether a buyer purchases from you. You'll just have to be a bit thick-skinned about it.

As for question - yes, it's reasonable. He didn't say anything untruthful.
Old 04-19-04, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
IT's not reasonable. If he paid for media mail, he should sit back and wait and not get pissed when it takes a while.
Old 04-19-04, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Interestingly enough, I myself just got a negative today from a buyer who claimed I "held" his payment for five days. LOL.

My point is that eBay and Amazon buyers are a total crapshoot. In the long run, this is nothing more than a minor annoyance to me. I got paid, and that's the most important thing.
Old 04-20-04, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by DVD Josh
Lol. Welcome to the world of selling online. Rule #1 - You can NEVER NEVER NEVER make everyone happy. No matter how hard you try. Trust me - as a long time buyer and seller, this will not affect one bit whether a buyer purchases from you. You'll just have to be a bit thick-skinned about it.
^
|
|

What he said.

You'll find all types of people out there... try not to worry about it too much. I've gotten neutral feedbacks from people on eBay claiming "could have been a bit quicker" -- from people who have their items IN HAND five days after the auction ended. Name me another online site that provides that level of service.

Ultimately, there are people out there who will never be satisfied, and find some reason to complain. Amazon's 5-star system just gives them more of an outlet. Believe me, this will not be the first 4-star rating you get, even for fantastic service.
Old 04-20-04, 06:48 PM

Thank you all for your replies. I think I feel more releave now. At first, I was worry about the feedback would affect my "reputation". But I agree with you that it is impossible to make everybody satisfy. Since this is nothing that I can control, I should loosen up.
Thanks again.

Last edited by ftsoh; 04-20-04 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-21-04, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it's "fair" but it's understandable. When many people order from an amazon, buy.com, overstock, or secondspin and choose "media mail" all of these online retailers say it can take up to two weeks, but it rarely does. When I order from these shops I tend to get my DVD's within 2 to 4 days. If someone orders DVDs a lot and this is their experience, and it takes you 2 to 3 times as long for your DVD to arrive (actually 10 days to 2 weeks) it's going to create an impression. The two day shipping latency between placing the order and shipping the item doesn't help either.

I'm not saying this is the impression that particular customer had, but it's possible, unreasonable, yet understandable.
Old 04-21-04, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, it was unreasonable to blame you for the speed of media mail.

For single DVDs I sell at Amazon, I always upgrade regular shipping to first class, which costs about the same as media mail.

But OK, you want to talk about unfair feedback?
I normally get all positives, but I got a "neutral" from some idiot who actually blamed me because he didn't like the movie.
Old 04-21-04, 04:32 PM

Originally posted by dvd2001
I normally get all positives, but I got a "neutral" from some idiot who actually blamed me because he didn't like the movie.
Wow! That's really sucks! This makes my feedback looks tame. Sigh