Old 04-18-04, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the sopranos "in Camelot" 4/18

The Sopranos
In Camelot
60 mins.

Spoiler:
Tony learns answers to questions about his lot in life from his late father's old girlfriend (Polly Bergen); Junior finds a silver lining in the dark cloud of a distant relative's funeral; Christopher has second thoughts about a new friend's habit. Junior: Dominic Chianese. Christopher: Michael Imperioli. Directed by Steve Buscemi.
Old 04-18-04, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bring it on!!!

After last week's embarrising episode, looking for the big rebound! Adriana gets whacked tonight --- just kidding
Old 04-18-04, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i always like how they do contrasts. I like how chris becomes friends with the guy from wings and then beats him to get his money.
Old 04-18-04, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

man...i hated tonight. what a waste of time. i could care less about this old hag...she annoyed the hell out of me. even chris's plot line was a bit weak. my wife and i were bored to death!
Old 04-18-04, 09:09 PM

The best part was
Spoiler:
Snood!
Old 04-18-04, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another boring episode, IMO. Next week looks ok, but Im not expecting much.
Old 04-18-04, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And $15 for an emmy.
Old 04-18-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"What the f***" Thats exactly what I said after this episode ended. Nobody... NOBODY here can tell me that this last episode had any damn thing good in it. We spent one whole hour watching three uninteresting storylines that had NOTHING to do with anything going on with the Sopranos this season. I would have requested to remove my name from the show if I directed this freaking awful script. If your television season is only 13 damn episodes long then why you even bother wasting one on trash like this?
Old 04-18-04, 09:29 PM

I think this episode was strictly more character development.

Tony began to realize that he is turning into his father and I'm thinking he's not too proud about it. Also, something is going to happen with Junior this season...he's going to do something crazy and they have been setting this up with these past few episodes.

Christopher's storyline was interesting in that he was trying to help his friend from his "AA" group and realized that he ended up driving him back to the smack. Christopher showed that deep down he has a heart...instead of just "whacking" the guy like everyone on this board loves to have happen...he's doing his best to give the guy a break.
Old 04-18-04, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok, so i just watched the worst hour of tv in my life (sopranos) then the best hour of tv in my life("24"). I cant believe how useless and uninteresting this episode was. Lara Means, you said it best, i couldnt agree with you more. where the fluck was adrianna? Who the hell gives a flying slop about chris's "friend" or this old lady! thank gosh i watched "24" right afterwards and that totally made up for it.
Old 04-18-04, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While I would have enjoyed this episode mid-third/fourth season more, I think it's getting a bit late in this series lifespan to be introducing new characters and devoting full hours to episodes that don't resolve any of the issues that are still outstanding. What's the countdown to, about T minus 15 episodes left? I guess that still gives them enough time, but again let's devote more screentime to the characters everyone has come to know over the past five years rather than bringing in new ones.
Old 04-18-04, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 395 Likes on 296 Posts
I thought the epidsode was great. Why must you people complain every week? So nobody got whacked, big deal.
Old 04-18-04, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Tygan
..he's doing his best to give the guy a break.

That's why he almost beat the guy to death over $1200. Riiiiight.
Old 04-18-04, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by nickdawgy
So nobody got whacked, big deal.
Can you guys please give this goddamn excuse a rest? Nobody is pissing on this season because people arent dying. Didnt you even notice that at least one person died in the first five episodes this season? The reason why I'm ripping on this show is because its the same bullshit week after week. Tony bitching to Dr. Milfi, Tony bitching to Carmela, Tony bitching to his son, Tony bitching about his mother, and countless other things that Tony bitches about. Nothing new or interesting is happening. Except for the possible Jersey/NY war that has not been even brought up in the past 3 weeks. The episode that aired today came from so far left field that I honestly can't believe how the hell anyone on the show couldve written it. The most dull hour ive spent watching tv ever.

Last edited by Lara Means; 04-18-04 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-18-04, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Lara Means
Can you guys please give this goddamn excuse a rest? Nobody is pissing on this season because people arent dying. Didnt you even notice that at least one person died in the first five episodes this season? The reason why I'm ripping on this show is because its the same bullshit week after week. Tony bitching to Dr. Milfi, Tony bitching to Carmela, Tony bitching about his son, Tony bitching about his mother, and countless other things that Tony bitches about. Nothing new or interesting is happening. Except for the possible Jersey/NY war that has not been even brought up in the past 3 weeks. The episode that aired today came from so far left field that I honestly can't believe how the hell anyone on the show couldve written it. The most dull hour ive spent watching tv ever.
Why exactly are you watching this show then? You never have anything good to say, just quit watching if it is so bad.
Old 04-18-04, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Dr_Evil
Why exactly are you watching this show then? You never have anything good to say, just quit watching if it is so bad.
Why do I watch? Because I invested four seasons of my life to this show. I might as well watch the last two since Steve Buscemi is now on. I watch and hope that the Sopranos can somewhat return to its past glory. The only episode this whole season sofar that gave me that hope was "Irregular Around the Margins." The problem with this show is not the characters or the acting, its the piss poor writing. Theyre trying so hard to keep this show fresh that they keep on adding new characters week after week. This is because they can't take the old characters anywhere else. Theyve screwed themselves because its all been done before. What else can you possibly do to the Soprano household? Make Tony's son gay? How about Meadow getting her first abortion? They had a freakin' bear roaming the backyard for chrissake! Maybe on the series finale a homeless man will be found sleeping in Carmela's bed.

Last edited by Lara Means; 04-18-04 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-18-04, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This show is just not what it used to be, plain and simple. It's been riding on it's own coattails for a while now. Memories of how great it used to be makes people keep giving it chance after chance to regain it's lost luster.

It looks like this season is gonna be a bust. Even if they launch a few blockbuster, excellent, mind blowing shows at the end, it'll be too little, too late.

D
Old 04-18-04, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
while not "Great"...this was another solid hour of television, and it illustrates even clearer that even on it's worst nights, the Sopranos is leagues beyond any other crap on TV...including 24. Those that are complaining just don't get it. the Show is called THE SOPRANOS...it is about a family....tonight was a critical episode in Tony's life and what he is coming to terms with. The final scene at the Bada Bing said it all.....if you can't see that, just stop watching the damned thing and quit bitching on here about it.
Old 04-18-04, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by brizz
this was another solid hour of television, and it illustrates even clearer that even on it's worst nights, the Sopranos is leagues beyond any other crap on TV...including 24.
How are we supposed to take your opinion seriously when you start off your post with something so ridiculous as this?
Old 04-19-04, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

surprised noone has bought up yet that the song that was playing in the bada bing, was a linkin park song
Old 04-19-04, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

im sorry. i agree (mostly) with lara means. this episode was terrible!

however, i have liked this season a lot so far until tonight. it was pure waste. when it ended, even my wife looked at me and asked, "what was that?"

my answer was "pure crap"
Old 04-19-04, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Tony's reaction to seeing his old dog, and finding out it wound up at his dad's mistress's place was LOL funny.

I'm sure many people have thought about seeing Tim Daly get his ass kicked, so for them, it was a great episode. Christopher's line about Faveau ripping his ideas off was also a good line.

I was so creeped out by the "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" performance. Eww...

The last restuarant dinner between Tony and his father's mistress was so uncomfortable as the bloom from the rose was fading fast.

Uncle Junior continues to slide. How many funerals can an old man take?

There's plenty of disrespecting going on with the NY/NJ crews, so trouble's really starting to brew.
Old 04-19-04, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Lara Means
How are we supposed to take your opinion seriously when you start off your post with something so ridiculous as this?
if you disagree....then don't. Pretty simple. in my opinion, this is one of the best shows on television, and even when it is "off" - it is still damned good. tonight was a perfect example. I honestly don't understand all of the bitching and complaining. And frankly, your continued bitching about it makes me wonder why you even bother...how are we supposed to take you seriously when all you do is bitch about how much it "isn't what it was?" If you don't like it...stop ****ing watching it!!!!!! And please....stop ****ing bitching about it!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-04, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Tony's reaction to seeing his old dog, and finding out it wound up at his dad's mistress's place was LOL funny.

I'm sure many people have thought about seeing Tim Daly get his ass kicked, so for them, it was a great episode. Christopher's line about Faveau ripping his ideas off was also a good line.

The last restuarant dinner between Tony and his father's mistress was so uncomfortable as the bloom from the rose was fading fast.

There's plenty of disrespecting going on with the NY/NJ crews, so trouble's really starting to brew.

WTF? Was this intended to be a review or a recap?
Old 04-19-04, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman

See Lara et al: plenty going on....all of it pertinent to the characters....all of it exceptional television. I would take a dozen episodes exactly like tonight before 98% of the crap that airs on most ever other channell....and that is my opinion. take it seriously or don't....i don't give a shit.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.