Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

O HOMEM QUE COPIAVA ("The Man Who Copied") DVD?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-04, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen some great reviews of this Brazilian film, which seems to be making the rounds at U.S. film festivals now. DVDBrazil.com has the DVD, but the shipping is as much as the DVD itself. Has anyone viewed the DVD? If so, can you comment on its quality?

Also, if anyone else knows where to find the DVD (preferably from a U.S. seller--or at least one with cheaper shipping than DVDBrazil), I'd appreciate it.

Jason
Old 04-17-04, 10:04 PM
Cool New Member

are you aware that it doesn't have english subs? its only dubbed in english
Old 04-17-04, 10:15 PM

According to the DVD Brazil site ( http://www.dvdbrazil.com/comersus/st...?idproduct=835 ), it has English, Spanish, and Portuguese language tracks, and English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese subtitle options. Are you sure you're talking about the same disc?

Jason
Old 04-17-04, 10:36 PM
Cool New Member

yeah i misread the description... i tried looking and the best price i could find had a shipping fee of almost 3 times the price of the dvd itself. totalling almost US$40
Old 04-18-04, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ordered mines from www.dvdworld.com.br, It hasn't shipped yet once i get it I can give you all the details. Is a great film. Saw it last week at the Philadelphia Film Festival and ordered the DVD as soon as I got home. shipping from dvdworld is about 10$ US for up to 4 dvds i believe. there was a post here somewhere about brazil releases and it went into detail about shipping. so it will come out to 20$ to 25$ US with shipping if only ordering that, if you are in the US. better than that 40$ from above.
Old 04-18-04, 01:47 PM

The DVDWorld listing has the DVD in 4:3 aspect ratio. Hmmm...that's a little disturbing, because I'm almost certain that is NOT the original aspect ratio. When your DVD comes, can you please do a review of it? It would be greatly appreciated!

Jason
Old 05-17-04, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok. Got my DVD this past friday and watched the movie last night. It is definately WIDESCREEN, I've seen weird wording like this before but I guess it only means that it is not anamorphic. I played it on a cyberhome on a 25" and it was widescreen, so no worries. hope this helps. One thing I did noticed about the audio is that is very bassy. so there might be some volume adjustment needed throughout the movie. the image is as good as I've seen in any recent dvds. It does have some nice extras, including a making of and a documentary but no english subs on the extras as I'm sure it was assumed.

Angel
Old 05-19-04, 01:39 AM

so is this an anamorphic disk (16x9)?
Old 05-19-04, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

couldn't tell you, but i don't think so.