Search this Thread

Old 04-11-04, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alias (4-11-04)

Just reminder, tonight’s new episode is airing at special time
10 pm
Old 04-11-04, 09:47 PM

This show is starting to annoy the hell out of me, which of course means that it must be having the desired effect, of stringing the viewers along until the season closer when, if I can hope beyond hope, that somebody will put a bullet in Lauren's head!!!! I am so tired of watching the writers turn all of the good guys into a bunch of idiots.
Old 04-11-04, 09:53 PM

Aand what what the flarn flarn flarn good is a Panic Room that a scrawny bitch can push the door open???? Aaaugh.
Old 04-11-04, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It'll be interesting to see how the manage to invalidate tonight's ending next week... "My luggage got mixed up at the airport! The spy and I were on the same plane!!!"

This show is just getting utterly annoying. Of course, that's probably not enough to get me to stop watching it, but I'm not sure I can handle too much more stupidity and "miracle" escapes to postpone obvious secrets. They better have an amazing season finale planned to make up for the rest of this trash.
Old 04-11-04, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It's pretty evident that the Passenger will revealed to be:

Spoiler:
Sydney's sister (based on the reports of the casting of said character), but what I'm guessing is that this will be a half-sister, and that Sloane will most likely be the dad (with Irina being her mother, of course).

Anyhow, gotta love the Spy Opera of this episode.

I was surprised that Sydney didn't check the airlines to see if Lauren just arrived, or had been in Berlin earlier.

Lauren is one nasty torturing double-agent.

So now we have yet another super-secret organization, the Trust, to keep things simmering.

I can't figure out why the CIA keeps Lauren in the loop when it'd be easy to feed her erroneous info that would implicate her possible mole-ness (even in light of her father taking the fall for everything).
Old 04-11-04, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
What did Vaughn see at the end? A gun? What's revealing about that?
Old 04-11-04, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Vaughn found the wig that Sydney said she saw Lauren wore when they met with the hacker in Berlin, and he also found her other (presumably) fake passports too.
Old 04-11-04, 10:17 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Average episode.

This stuff with Lauren is getting old fast.
Old 04-11-04, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like this episde.

Anyone know how many more episodes before the season finale?
Old 04-11-04, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Vaughn found the wig that Sydney said she saw Lauren wore when they met with the hacker in Berlin, and he also found her other (presumably) fake passports too.
Thanks! I didn't even realize the shooter was Lauren.
Old 04-11-04, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
like 5 or 6 more prob. oh and how did sloan get on death row?
Old 04-11-04, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
It's pretty evident that the Passenger will revealed to be:

Spoiler:
Sydney's sister (based on the reports of the casting of said character), but what I'm guessing is that this will be a half-sister, and that Sloane will most likely be the dad (with Irina being her mother, of course).

I can't figure out why the CIA keeps Lauren in the loop when it'd be easy to feed her erroneous info that would implicate her possible mole-ness (even in light of her father taking the fall for everything).
I agree w/ you in regards to The Passenger.

I thought Jack would have started feeding Lauren bad info a couple of weeks ago.

I'm getting sick and tired of this bullshit where Lauren is in the same place as Syd/Vaughn and each and every time she manages a narrow escape. The panic room door was ridiculous - they are not similar to elevator doors.

Now we have The Trust (good org.). What's next? The Foundation (bad org.)? The Fraternity (good org.)? The Knights of Columbus (bad org.)???

I'm losing respect for Sark - I can't believe he is showing a sign of weakness by saving Lauren. And I am seriously pissed that they dispatched w/ Djimon's character so effortlessly. That sucked ass, imo.

Kill Lauren already - have Vaughn do it for his character's piece of mind, and ours - the viewers. Bring back the old Sark. Get Weiss more involved in the action. Keep pissing off SpyDaddy so we can watch him go mideval on somebody.

Last edited by B.A.; 04-11-04 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-12-04, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

two things...

1. the first thing i thought when i saw that contraption at the beginning was, "where is hudson hawk?"

2. i love jack when he's pissed off.
Old 04-12-04, 01:09 AM

Location: noun. a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Good to see that they're delving deeper into the Rumbaldi mystique. However, like the rest of you, Lauren's really starting to piss me off. I don't know much longer they can string her character along. (Based on the previews next week, hopefully it'll be coming to an end.) For you OC watchers, she's become our Oliver!!
Old 04-12-04, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also think Patman's got it.

More Rambaldi, Jack, Sloane and Sydney's accents

Less Lauren. I'm begging.
Old 04-12-04, 02:43 AM

What's w/ her new haircut?

I get the feeling it's a trick to make her look younger. Like a kid. Like a 13 year old.... hmmm
Old 04-12-04, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by kevin75
1. the first thing i thought when i saw that contraption at the beginning was, "where is hudson hawk?"
I did, too. Sometimes this show reminds of Hudson Hawk more and more each ep.
Old 04-12-04, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Is it me, or has Sydney's booty been getting larger as the season progresses?
Old 04-12-04, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When she kicked that globe I just rolled my eyes. It was a good episode but had some really bad scenes. The story is getting pretty good but Lauren has to be revealed soon.
Old 04-12-04, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by kantonburg
When she kicked that globe I just rolled my eyes. It was a good episode but had some really bad scenes. The story is getting pretty good but Lauren has to be revealed soon.
The globe kick was still better than Super-Lauren stopping the panic room door from closing.
Old 04-12-04, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

IIRC Sydney spent quite a long time at SD6 w/out being discovered, so within the Alias universe, I don't find it odd that Lauren hasn't been found out for a few months.

Agreed with what was said about The Passenger above, I am still pissed about reading that untagged spoiler that was posted here a week or two ago.

Main question from this episode - why in the world would Lauren bring that wig home with her? A gun, her passport, OK, but what possible reason could there be for holding onto that wig? It made for a nice visual at the end, but they could've demonstrated her duplicity to Vaughn in another way (like maybe her Covenant HQ ID card )
Old 04-12-04, 08:53 AM
fab

It looked to me like Bomani was taken out with an automatic weapon, yet Sark was standing there with a pistol. Was it just me?

--
fab
Old 04-12-04, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by fab
It looked to me like Bomani was taken out with an automatic weapon, yet Sark was standing there with a pistol. Was it just me?

--
fab
I noticed that, too.
Old 04-12-04, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It least we'll finally be able to see some payback next episode.
Old 04-12-04, 10:50 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does anyone else miss Will Tippin? I miss Will Tippin. And it felt like Sydney was barely around this episode... yeah, on missions & stuff, but other than that, it was Vaughn/Lauren/Jack/bad guys.
Originally posted by B.A.
Get Weiss more involved in the action.
Spoiler:
J.J. Abrams has a new show coming out that stars the guy who plays Weiss, so I think Agent Comic Relief's days are numbered at the CIA. Which sucks, because who will be left to bring the funny? Just Marshall?

Originally posted by ChemDoc
Aand what what the flarn flarn flarn good is a Panic Room that a scrawny bitch can push the door open???? Aaaugh.
No kidding! Although the Panic Room door stayed open as long as you broke those laser beams. Oh, well. QuickEscapeLauren had to make a break for it somehow.
Originally posted by fab
Nope. Maybe the Covenant makes full-auto pistols or something.

I don't think Sark was necessarily showing weakness when he saved Lauren. I kind of thought Bomani was screwed when he threatened Sark. What the hell was that about? I thought Sark was more of a "senior partner" in the whole thing, since he and Lauren are the top dogs in the U.S. Covenant cell, and that Bomani was just along for the ride.

Good to see PissedOffJack make a return. It's too bad that the effect of his badass-ness is lessened because there's no way that the show will kill Sloane off. Er... right?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.