Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

First "The Grey Album" then Jayzeezer, now Beatallica!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Beatles meet Metallica

http://www.stark-effect.com/beatallica/beatallica.html

I've listened to 2-3 songs and they're actually pretty good. The singer sounds a lot like James.
Old 04-09-04, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dude is Hetfield's doppleganger for serious, but I couldn't sit through one song. Funny concept, though.
Old 04-09-04, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This has been around for a couple years. They just put out about 5 more new songs. Entertaining. Glad it's free.

I just can't hear the new songs yet because the site is always tied up and it takes forever to download!
Old 04-09-04, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

jayezeer is so crap
Old 04-09-04, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I LOVE IT!!

great fun, actually really decent recordings as well. nice mix and such! sounds like a decent musician, unless he just use a computer to do all the instruments. i'm not to saavy on that sort of thing.

good times
Old 04-09-04, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't where I read about this, either the newest Revolver magazine, or in a slightly older Metal Hammer mag...but some guy in a band said that he had a side band too that was all Metallica covers (older stuff only!) and the band was called Metaliban. I thought the name to be pretty amusing...

Anyone heard Apocalyptica, the group that plays Metallica stuff on 4 cellos? They've released 3 albums now, and I think increasingly they've focused less on Metallica covers through each one....the first album was maybe 10 songs...8 Metallica, 2 original...next album might have been like 5 Metallica, 3 original, 3 other covers including Pantera and Faith No More, and the third album I think has even less...not heard that one yet.

At least that stuff was kind of Metallica related, but this next one...well...a bit further off. I think I saw this one in Blender magazine...an all female group playing Iron Maiden covers...the band's called The Iron Maidens...

Unfortunately for me, I'm not much into online music hunting...so I'm curious if anyone's heard any of this stuff (Apocalyptica not included...got their first 2 albums)?
Old 04-09-04, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There is also a "Black on Black" album that Mixes Jay-z with metallicas black album. I have lost count of all the black album remixes.
Old 04-10-04, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by fallow
The dude is Hetfield's doppleganger for serious, but I couldn't sit through one song. Funny concept, though.
Who says it's not Hetfield himself? He has done some secret stuff in the past (like the song on the South Park movie)

What I really find interesting about this is that the production on these joke songs is 100x better than the production on St Anger! (and also better than Justice...)
Old 04-10-04, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nodeerforamonth
Who says it's not Hetfield himself? He has done some secret stuff in the past (like the song on the South Park movie)

What I really find interesting about this is that the production on these joke songs is 100x better than the production on St Anger! (and also better than Justice...)
Two musicians with day jobs pulled the whole thing off. One (Krk) did all the music, the other (Jaymz) lent his Hetfield impersonation. All the tracks on the first EP were recorded in one day. The second EP took even longer...

Both guys have their own separate bands, and they write and perform original material. They've been friends for years.
http://www.stark-effect.com/beatallica/index2.html
Old 04-12-04, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

beatallica- anything else like it?

just was listening to it and was curious if there was anything else (for free) out there that was similar, besides the Grey Album?
Old 04-12-04, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

www.gohomeproductions.com

Not necessarily The Beatles, but these guys do "mash-ups" better than anyone else.
Old 04-12-04, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

think i found a new musical addiction.. any more free ones out there?

Originally posted by fallow
www.gohomeproductions.com

Not necessarily The Beatles, but these guys do "mash-ups" better than anyone else.
Old 04-13-04, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by j123vt_99
think i found a new musical addiction.. any more free ones out there?
Not quite the same, but check out Evolution Control Committee
Old 04-13-04, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Two musicians with day jobs pulled the whole thing off. One (Krk) did all the music, the other (Jaymz) lent his Hetfield impersonation. All the tracks on the first EP were recorded in one day. The second EP took even longer...
yes. I read that. That is from their (Beatallica) site though. They can make up anything they want and put it on there.

I don't think it's really James, but there's always that off chance that it could be him (maybe a .0001 % chance). He and everyone within the South Park camp did deny it was him on the DVDA song for the film. And it did end up being him on that track.

People love conspiracy theories. You can argue that the second EP took even longer because James was in rehab.

Last edited by nodeerforamonth; 04-13-04 at 11:29 AM.