Tru Calling 4/8/04

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-04, 09:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Tru Calling 4/8/04

Good episode.

A lot of things come out in the last 15 minutes. We finally know what Davis's relationship to Tru's mother is. And Jack will be trying to counteract Tru saving lives.
Old 04-08-04, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really liked it, I thought this was the best episode yet. I actually gave up on the show right before Priestly joined the cast. Now that he's in it, I find it much more interesting.
Old 04-08-04, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow... What a dark ending.
Spoiler:
The girl still killed herself

Good episode, though. I liked it, a lot. It's only the second full episode i've ever watched.
Old 04-08-04, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The show is picking up some steam with the mysterious Jack. It would be interesting to see how he fit into the picture. Was he responsible for the girl's death at the end?
Old 04-08-04, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Quite good. Davis' full story about him and his wife and Tru's mother was powerful.

I guess we'll have to find out his first and last names another time.

The Jack stuff is getting intriguing.
Old 04-09-04, 01:24 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by mookiemeister
Was he responsible for the girl's death at the end?
I think it was implied with the shot at the end he was the one who called her parents and told them about her losing the money. They then called her and got on her case about it and she killed herself.
Old 04-09-04, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first of all, this was definitely the best episode yet! by far. I was actually surprised at how it turned out and wasn't expecting it at all. I still think jason priestly is a horrible actor, but his character is cool.

However, I missed the first 10 or 15 minutes...so i'm not really sure how it started...was it the same ol' people dying, asking for tru's help fare? how did they both ask for the help? also, i don't understand what tru's reasoning behind letting the girl walk away without the money was. Why did she think she wouldn't kill herself if she didn't get the money?

thanks
Jason X.
Old 04-09-04, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by xDareDevilx
first of all, this was definitely the best episode yet! by far. I was actually surprised at how it turned out and wasn't expecting it at all. I still think jason priestly is a horrible actor, but his character is cool.

However, I missed the first 10 or 15 minutes...so i'm not really sure how it started...was it the same ol' people dying, asking for tru's help fare? how did they both ask for the help? also, i don't understand what tru's reasoning behind letting the girl walk away without the money was. Why did she think she wouldn't kill herself if she didn't get the money?

thanks
Jason X.
The girl died first, asked for help and nothing happened. Later, the guy died and then Tru rewound. Of course they were connected (which was what I thought).

The first day, the girl was murdered and the guy committed suicide. Tru figured if she reversed the results at the poker game, having the girl lose and the guy win) the girl wouldn't be murdered and the guy wouldn't commit suicide. That was true but, unfortunately, their fates were simply reversed.
Old 04-09-04, 08:42 PM

ok thanks...i was under the impression that she committed suicide all along and he was murdered...ok thanks
Jason X.
Old 04-09-04, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

OK, dammit ... now I'm pissed. Just last week, I talk shit about how this show is becoming silly, and they up and throw this at us? *sigh* Damn good episode on many levels. I was intially drawn in with how strong Harrison's storyline was, and it only got better from there.

Of note, she rewinded to save the guy not the girl, so I was wondering if she'd die the whole time. I wonder how they plan to explain all of that. Something else that seemed glossed over was the little sister. In the first version of Melissa's death, the parents blame it on being in the city; in the second version, they lament how harsh they were on her as the sister walks in, implying that they won't make the same mistake with her. That seemed relevant, but they didn't address it.

Anyway, good stuff.

das
Old 04-09-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone think there will be an episode in which Tru herself is the one who gets killed, and she has to save herself?
Old 04-09-04, 09:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Seantn
Anyone think there will be an episode in which Tru herself is the one who gets killed, and she has to save herself?
great. now you just ruined the series ending cliffhanger.
Old 04-10-04, 09:34 AM

Sounds like a cool idea.
Old 04-10-04, 01:43 PM

Originally posted by ChrisHicks
great. now you just ruined the series ending cliffhanger.

Chris
Old 04-13-04, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
That was a great episode. They are really moving this story along nicely. Give us a little more info about Davis, Jack, Tru's mom, etc.

I really like how they are using Harrison to help out Tru more and more as the season progresses. Davis, Harrison and Tru are becoming a good team.

This show is definitely getting better and better. Now they just need to get back to the Dad-killing-the-mom storyline and not leave it sitting in the dust like they have w/ Crossing Jordan.
Old 04-13-04, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by xDareDevilx
ok thanks...i was under the impression that she committed suicide all along and he was murdered...
So I guess you also missed the "Earlier on Tru Calling" spot they ran near the 30 min mark because that pretty well explained what you'd missed too.
Old 04-13-04, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by rfduncan
So I guess you also missed the "Earlier on Tru Calling" spot they ran near the 30 min mark because that pretty well explained what you'd missed too.
I don't think they did it this time. I didn't save my TiVo recording so I can't check for sure.

Last edited by movielib; 04-13-04 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-13-04, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by movielib
I don't think they did it this time. I didn't save my TiVo recording so I can't check for sure.
I just watched it last night (obviously) and I have no recollection of seeing the 30 minute recap. First time that has happened.
Old 04-13-04, 03:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hopefully this doesn't mean Fox is giving up on this show too.
Old 04-13-04, 05:38 PM

They already did that in one of the first handful of episodes.... "Murder in the Morgue" I think..... a guy comes into the morgue to take something from a dead body, ends up shooting Davis and then shoots True, and right before the bullet hits Tru in the head, the corpse asks for help and the bullet starts going backwards and the day rewinds.

I think it was that episode, could have been another one though.
Old 04-13-04, 05:39 PM

Originally posted by rfduncan
This is the first episode that I can remember them not doing the 30 minute recap as well.
Old 04-16-04, 07:51 AM
DB

Argh, I missed this episode. Can some kind soul do a recap of the character revelations that are hinted at earlier in this thread? Thank!