Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Sapphire and Steel: The Complete Series'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 04-06-04, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Holly E. Ordway's DVD review of Sapphire and Steel: The Complete Series at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=10126 and...

Maybe I just have more patience (or are more in love with Joanna Lumley) but (except for the first series) I never felt this show too glacial. The scene composition is always interesting and appealing. The chemistry between Sapphire and Steel (not to mention Sapphire and pretty much anyone) is fabulous with David being even more dour than ever.

I originally bought a bootleg NTSC VHS set at an SF convention. Then when it came out in the UK on DVD I bought that. (Anyone without an all-region player is missing out on about 50% of what is worthwhile.) I suppose I'll have to get this one for the extras since the UK editions have none.
Old 04-07-04, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually agreed 100% with Holly's review. I had bought this blind (since the subject matter seemed to be right up my alley).

The show had a great premise. And I really *wanted* to love it. But, man, the episodes really just involved a lot of running around, losing people, and rambling discussion. I just felt like all of the stories were spinning their wheels between the first and last episodes, with nothing important happening.

I can see where this show would have fans, but definitely proceed with caution.