Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Spaghetti Western- identify this film!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-04, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To those that are old enough, or simply have seen many of the European Spaghetti Westerns-some assistance is really needed here-

We have had some heated debate tonight because we (friends) cant find out what was the title of this film. ALL that we know is a few scenes....perhaps some of you might be able to help and identify the title-

Scene/synopsis:

A guy comes back from a long journey and gets shot on the street. He is left by the gangsters/cowboys as they assumed that he is dead, BUT he is not because a silver dollar placed in his upper shirt pocket stops the bullet and saves his life. A few moths later after he recovers he is after the gang and the cowboy that shot him...seeking revenge.

This is all me and my friends could find about this film. We found a semi-destroyed German tape that has a title...that translates something like this- One Broken Dollar-....

We think that the film might be Georgio Ferroni's Un Dollaro Bucato (One Silver Dollar)...with Guiliano Gemma....but the scene I described above....the synopsis provided by IMDB does not say much about it. Is this really the film?

Anyone that could help with this one...it will be greatly appreciated. This film means a lot to my brother and I would like to find out the title and perhaps get it on DVD....or VHS.

Cheers,
Pro-B

ps
If this is indeed the film....in the comments left by one of the reviewers at IMDB there is an indication that there is an Australian DVD....yet I have not been able to find. Perhaps bcause I dont know the correct title.....any help?

Here's a link to the post:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059114/

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 04-03-04 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-04-04, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you got it.

http://www.una-bara-per-django.de/django4.htm
EIN LOCH IM DOLLAR
(Un dollaro bucato)
USA: One Silver Dollar
by Giorgio Ferroni, starring Giuliano Gemma, Evelyn Stewart

The revenge story of this movie has got an unusual twist, because Gary (Giuliano Gemma) shot his brother himself! However, that was an accident as he was hired to shoot a gunman named "Blackeye" and little did he know... He was supposed to die in that shootout himself as well, but a dollar coin in his pocket stopped the bullet. Gary becomes a member of the gang that now rules the town, trying to find out who is the boss responsible for all this. Shot in 1965 when spaghetti western was still fresh, this is a very entertaining movie although not a typical example, as it lacks the cynicism and ritualism of the later Django movies. But I hope no-one considers those necessary ingredients for a good western.
Sounds right, but there are several screenshots so you can be sure.
Old 04-04-04, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Thank you......we were not sure but your post clears it out.....

Now, where to find this Australian dvd that is mentioned on IMDB?? Hmm...

Thank you again,
Pro-B
Old 04-05-04, 05:55 AM

This it
Old 04-05-04, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

David.....

Is this suppose to be a DVD or DVD-R.....can you confirm?

Pro-B