DVD Talk
Now, how about a proper Rescue from Gilligan's Island? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Now, how about a proper Rescue from Gilligan's Island?

El-Kabong
04-03-04, 12:59 AM
Yes, yes - I know that there's already a Rescue from Gilligan's Island DVD out, but come on - that thing sucks. I could live with the just-better than VHS quality, I could live without the extras, and I could even live without 75% of the footage that's missing, but the big character development scene at the end of the film, wherein the Castaways realize that they were better off where they were is gone. Totaly lame.

Now that I think about it, the VHS quality and the lack of extras sucks too.

Anyway, now that season 1 is out of the way, I hope that the studio gives some thought to a slightly better than the half assed job we have now.

Cocopugg
04-03-04, 08:12 AM
Good idea, but let's gets seasons 2 and 3 out first :)

Upper pylon 3
04-05-04, 10:14 AM
What is the deal with that release anyway? It wasn't put out by Warner and it has the quality of a bootleg. Did this movie somehow fall into public domain? I hope they release it the correct way along with the other 2 movies.

fuzzbox
04-05-04, 10:25 AM
I've seen this from at least 3 different DVD companies- I'd assume it's either lapsed into PD or nobody cares about protecting the rights...

Keith123
04-05-04, 12:25 PM
I bought this DVD at Best Buy from their bargain bin a while back and thought that even if the transfer might not be perfect that it should still be a good deal for only $5.99 I watched a little bit and then I cut the DVD up as best as I could with scissors and threw it in the trash.

rennervision
04-05-04, 12:42 PM
This DVD is actually missing footage including the FINAL scene? How the heck does it end???