Tru Calling - 04/01/04

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-04, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Tru Calling - 04/01/04

"The Getaway", Episode #115.

Spoiler:
Tru has trouble recruiting the police to aid her in helping save the reporter who has been trying to expose her secret.

Cast: Eliza Dushku, Shawn Reaves, Jessica Collins, A.J. Cook, Heath Freeman, Zach Galifianakis, Jason Priestley, Michelle Harrison, Eddie Matos, Sonja Bennett, Dean Moen.
Producer(s): Marty Adelstein, Dawn Parouse, Jon Feldman.

Original Airdate: April 1, 2004.
Old 04-01-04, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some speculations:

What do you guys think the role of Priestly's character is in the scheme of things on this show?

I've about concluded, based on his whining to Davis last week about how he preferred being dead, his little speech about his sister being in "a better place" since she's dead and what happens next week when his presence in the morgue when Tru gets a request for help apparently prevents the day from resetting, I think he's (for lack of a better term) a counteragent for Tru.

What I mean is that he works, consciously or not, to speed death along, to help fate and keep it from being interfered with by Tru and any possible people like her.

I'll be interested to see if it plays out like that, and if so, where they go with it.

(Spoiler tags removed, since no one seems to have much worry about speculation...)

Last edited by Buck Turgidson; 04-02-04 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-01-04, 11:15 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Good episode, though that was a really bad wig the girl had on in the arcade so I figured he had a partner.

I really like the addition of Jack. I can't wait to see what's up with what we saw in the preview.
Old 04-01-04, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Jack either have the same ability as Tru and can rewind and redo some of the past mistake, or else he's anti-Tru. He's doing everything to prevent Tru from her calling.
Old 04-02-04, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

He's doing everything to prevent Tru from her calling.
This is exactly what I thought when he sent the reporter to the diner.
Old 04-02-04, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by mookiemeister
I think Jack either have the same ability as Tru and can rewind and redo some of the past mistake, or else he's anti-Tru. He's doing everything to prevent Tru from her calling.
I was thinking the same thing, especially after the preview for next week. It got me thinking about the episodes of Quantum Leap when Sam found out that there was a woman doing the exact opposite of what he was doing....instead of changing it for the better, the woman would make it worse. I think it also became a love interest for Sam....maybe same thing will happen here.
Old 04-02-04, 07:40 PM

Just finished watching it. I agree with all of you... He has to be the "Anti-Tru" as mookiemeister put it (I like that phrase). I think this show has really gotten good and I hope it will see a second season.
Old 04-03-04, 01:56 AM

...and here I thought I was clever that I came up with that realization about Jack. I came here to find out that everyone else thought the same things.

Do you think his days rewind with Tru? He seemed a little too knowing at the race track.
Old 04-03-04, 02:38 AM

You can feel a little better, Andy

I thought Jack was just a poor schmuck who got caught up in Tru's rewinding. I figured all his death talk came from being forced to repeat his days over and over, I mean I would envy the dead too after the novelty of have random days rewind wore off.
Old 04-03-04, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by AndyB976
...and here I thought I was clever that I came up with that realization about Jack. I came here to find out that everyone else thought the same things.

Do you think his days rewind with Tru? He seemed a little too knowing at the race track.
That's a good point. May be he just got unlucky and rewind whenever Tru rewind? But that doesn't explain why Tru didn't rewind at the end of last episode.