Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

West Wing 3/31

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-04, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
West Wing 3/31

West Wing with a pseudo-reality TV twist as a fictional camera crew spends a day with CJ. The show is presented as a documentary from "3 years ago" and is being shown in a time when the Bartlett administration is no longer in office.

It was eh.
Old 04-01-04, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought it was pretty good episode, I liked the whole documentary style. A question, had we ever really seen a few of those aides of CJ or where they just pretty much introduced in this episode?
Old 04-01-04, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It reminded me of when they did the episode of ER live, though this wasn't live. Yeah, I had never seen any of those aides before and that was my major qualm about the episode. I kept thinking who are they and why are they here. Overall, it was an interesting way to do the episode but of course it was wrapped up way too quickly (they put in the whole thing about CJ's father in the middle really abruptly and then they stop talking about it).
Old 04-01-04, 02:29 AM
Banned

One of the better episodes of the season
Old 04-01-04, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
I didn't care for the episode but I can't really put a finger on why. The random intro of the aides didn't do much for me (though it was cool to see the guy from My So-Called Life), the documentary style wasn't all that appealing either. I'm all for trying something new but Kal-El said it best: it was eh.
Old 04-01-04, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Man that sucked. Reminded me of the documentary MASH episodes. They went from the best episode of the season to the worst. Why does CJ always get the 'spotlight' episodes on WW?
Old 04-01-04, 08:27 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
had we ever really seen a few of those aides of CJ
I have. I was surprised to see the main aid - I went to high school with him. I saw him in the opening, and then noticed his name was actually in the opening credits. I wonder if they will be regulars now - they wouldn't put names in opening credits for one show would they?
Old 04-01-04, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It was better than I thought it was going to be. When the narrator said it was airing after the Bartlett administration supposedly left office, it kind of made me sad. Reminded me this show will soon be gone.
Old 04-01-04, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
it was based on Ruby Ridge except they left out the part where the FBI sniper murders an unarmed woman
Old 04-01-04, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I found the 'documentary' style very disruptive to the flow. The story line was nothing to write home about either. Maybe the 'homeland security' aspect would make a difference, but I doubt the entire White House staff is busy watching and spinning every FBI 'confrontation' situation. I nominate for 'lamest episode of season.' ymmv.
Old 04-01-04, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the beginning had that the show was brought to you by grants adn viewers like you...indicating it was on PBS...but then the narrator mentioned commercials.

just a picky thing i found
Old 04-01-04, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
well it was in the future, maybe pbs has to stoop to commercials in the future